PDA

View Full Version : Water play areas?

LLevy
05-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Greetings

I have a 2 year old neice- who is VERY intrested in playing in the water.. any water, any time. I know about the broken boat play area over in the Pier area, and the bugs life area. are there others? I heard a rumor about the redwood trail area, but since we've never gone in there (no kids along) we haven't scoped it out. How about water play areas in Disneyland? the only one I knew of was in tomorrowland, and they took that out...

thanks
LL

carolyn
05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
There is also water play in the farming area (I can't remember its technial name) of DCA. No water in the Redwood trail area. No water in DL as far as I know.

And just FYI...Unlike other theme parks (like Legoland), children must be dressed (not just bathing suits) and must wear shoes at all times. So bring a plasitc bag and a change of clothes/shoes if you think she'll get very wet.

itig
05-23-2007, 12:31 PM
There's that big ball thingy in tomorrowland...my two boys managed to get all three of us wet there :)

UsBurchs
05-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Dot's Puddle Park in a Bug's Land at DCA. I think that's what's being refered to.

Bytebear
05-23-2007, 02:32 PM
DCA is your best bet. You have three areas to choose from. There is the farm area (as mentioned above), an oversized sprinkler area in A Bug's Land and a boat area near the Orange Stinger (the big orange thing on Paradise Pier).

Seashellmama
05-23-2007, 03:31 PM
There is a small river in which my children have gotten VERY wet in the Redwood Trail area- it's right by the Spirit Cave.

ladodgerjon
05-23-2007, 03:39 PM
During the summer months, I take my three year-old to the water play areas of DCA nearly once a month.

If you don't mind, may I offer a few tips?

I always bring a spare tee-shirt & shorts, some sun screen, huggies pull-ups, and DEFINITELY some crocs rubber shoes. I also pack an oversized ziploc bag (more on that in a moment).

When my little guy runs in the fountains, he always has on a tee-shirt and some pull-ups. I think pull-ups on a toddler are acceptable dress... but I realize that pretty soon, he'll be too old for that, and we'll move into swim trunks.

The DLR folks won't allow kids to go barefoot (tiny toes get stuck in grates), so crocs are GREAT to pack as they dry out almost immediately and don't require you to pack a "dry" pair of shoes to wear after your run in the water (they also won't get ruined in the fountains).

Last thought: I bring the ziloc bag to carry all the wet clothes until we get home.

Enjoy your time at the DCA water attractions-- it's a great time to watch your kid have fun AND take a load of your feet!

BarbD
05-24-2007, 06:42 AM
The one in redwood is very shallow water to splash in. Its near the little kiddie slides. Our 3 year old Grand son liked it better because nothing was spraying at him like the one by bugs life. DO bring shoes and extra shirt because they have to wear both to be there (Little gitrls dont need a shirt if they have on a swim suit but little boys do, crazy isnt it). The bugs life had a cast member enforcing it the redwood trail only had one come by once in a while. also dont forget a towel to dry off before gettting dressed again!!

we spent many more hours splashing in water than I anticipated but it was a super down time for the kids to unwind and not wait in line. It was truely a melt down lifesaver for us. (Kids ages 5 and 3)

stan4d_steph
05-24-2007, 09:57 AM
How about water play areas in Disneyland? the only one I knew of was in tomorrowland, and they took that out...You should check out this article on MousePlanet (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=pp040623lp) about places to keep cool.