PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort Hotels

GinnyM
05-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi This is my first post. I was wondering if anyone knew how often the hotels at Disneyland are refurbished. The Grand California is over 6 years old and the rooms are looking a bit tired. It's been 6 years since the Disneyland Hotel's refurbishment. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel last week. The hotel is very nice but in need of new carpet and wallpaper.
Rates have skyrocketed too.

pisces
05-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Grand Californian just put all new beds (the heavenly bed) into the rooms. They put all-new flat screen TVs with DVD players into all the rooms too, which they didn't have before. (Hope they also brought in a wider selection of channels, though--than the skimpy few they used to have). Brand new custom CD player/Clock Radios also for the rooms, which weren't there originally.

http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#121166974-M-LB

So, new electronics and mattresses....I don't know if that constitutes an actual "refurbishment", but it's better than nothing!

GinnyM
05-23-2007, 08:25 PM
WOW!! That sounds great. I called the Grand after staying at the Disneyland
Hotel and they said nothing had been done since opening.
I wonder when the Disneyland Hotel will get those upgrades.
Thanks

avalosn
05-23-2007, 08:40 PM
I wonder when the Disneyland Hotel will get those upgrades.

I hope so!

GinnyM
05-29-2007, 06:43 AM
I've gotten conflicting information on reburbishments at the hotels in the Disneyland Resort. Does anyone know when they were last done?

canadianmom
05-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Call me crazy but when in Disneyland who stays in the room long enough to notice any refurbishments?

GinnyM
05-29-2007, 10:08 AM
I understand how you feel about staying in the room. But a comfortable bed is important and that would be part of refurbishments. That's all I'm trying to find out along with carpets the newer the cleaner.