PDA

View Full Version : Possible last minute trip - Need Help

Pages : [1] 2

Courtney Anne
05-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Ok - my son turns 12 on June 8th. I was hopping to go but didn't have a ton of extra money (ok - barely any extra money). However I got lucky and I have friends going down that Friday and staying until Sunday. (Short trip - but free car ride for me.)

I need to find the CHEAPEST place to stay for FRI and SAT nights. My friends have family to stay with but there isn't room for us. (Heck we would sleep in the car if we could - hmmm maybe I will ask)

I also need to know the exact price it would cost to get into the park on SATURDAY - JUNE 9. We have Deluxe APs but can't get in on Saturdays...

I think to upgrade to premium passes would cost $120 so that is not possible. UNLESS buying that ONE SATURDAY ends up being very close to that price.

SO - TWO THINGS :

~~Price of one day ticket with Deluxe APs
~~Cheapest place to stay for two nights

If it gets to be too much money then we will just have to pass on the whole thing - and wait until October when I am planning a week's trip to DL.

THANKS IN ADVANCE - You guys are great !!!!!

ADDED - NEMO opens on Monday - right ? SO that weekend will just be previews ? RIGHT ?

Niwel
05-23-2007, 11:39 AM
To answer one of your questions: With an AP, you can go to the ticket booth and buy a blockout pass for $30 (which is a park hopper). No need to upgrade. :)

As for the other question: have you looked at orbitz, priceline, expedia, or travelocity?

Courtney Anne
05-23-2007, 11:46 AM
As for the other question: have you looked at orbitz, priceline, expedia, or travelocity?

Can't go to those sites at work - it is blocked !

I will have to go later...

$30 isn't bad... so $60 for tickets - then hotel...

I just won't let him eat !!!!! (just kidding)

oohykitten
05-23-2007, 11:49 AM
I say priceline it! You would amazed at the deals, here are the last four this past year 06-07

Hotel Menage
Disneyland Area
1221 South Harbor Blvd
$50 a night

Esa Orange County-Katella Ave
Disneyland Area
1635 West Katella Avenue
45 a night

Anaheim Hilton
Disneyland Area
777 Convention Way
70 a night

Candlewood Suites Anaheim South
Disneyland Area
12901 Garden Grove Blvd
44 a night

Niwel
05-23-2007, 11:49 AM
I just won't let him eat !!!!! (just kidding)

I'm firm believer in kids meals (for any age) :)

Malcon10t
05-23-2007, 12:20 PM
ADDED - NEMO opens on Monday - right ? SO that weekend will just be previews ? RIGHT ?Rumor has it, no previews to the general public. (There will be to winners of the AP contest, other contest winners, CMs, and to Club 33 members.)

Courtney Anne
05-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Rumor has it, no previews to the general public. (There will be to winners of the AP contest, other contest winners, CMs, and to Club 33 members.)

I put in for the AP contest - but never heard anything - so I am guessing we didn't get it ! OH WELL - he can wait until later for that

BESIDES the lines are going to be crazy and with the short time we will be there it won't be worth it time wise

Do you think I am crazy for planning a trip that weekend ? I am hoping the rest of the park won't be too bad since it is only contest winners and not the general public -- then again the park is open from 8am to Midnight - so that is 16 hours to have fun so it should be a blast no matter how much we get to do !

Courtney Anne
05-23-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm firm believer in kids meals (for any age) :)

We do that sometimes - like at taste pilot's with the condiment bar - i made a salad from the huge pieces of lettuce and tomato that slid off my hamburger !

Courtney Anne
05-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Ok - I have booked a room with Parkside for $128 for two nights.

I can cancel with 48 hours notice so I will do that if I find something cheaper !

Thanks for your help and insight everybody !

IdahoMike
05-23-2007, 06:04 PM
The AP contest winners weren't supposed to be notified until around June 1st, so there is still a possibility that you are a winner!

Malcon10t
05-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Ok - I have booked a room with Parkside for $128 for two nights.

I can cancel with 48 hours notice so I will do that if I find something cheaper !

Thanks for your help and insight everybody !OK, I am going to put a damper here. Motel 6 is $63 ($126). Parkside is the one hotel I would sleep in my car before I would sleep there. Alamo is close, but I would probably go inside. Del Sol I would sleep in, but gripe the whole time...

WHOA!!! DO you or anyone you know have an Entertainment card????? Hojo's rate for Entertainment that weekend is $54!!!!!!!!!! If I could find mine I'd send it to you!!

with_5
05-23-2007, 07:42 PM
If you can, I would Priceline the hotel.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-23-2007, 09:58 PM
OK, I am going to put a damper here. Motel 6 is $63 ($126). Parkside is the one hotel I would sleep in my car before I would sleep there. Alamo is close, but I would probably go inside. Del Sol I would sleep in, but gripe the whole time...

WHOA!!! DO you or anyone you know have an Entertainment card????? Hojo's rate for Entertainment that weekend is $54!!!!!!!!!! If I could find mine I'd send it to you!!

Does HoJos still give the same rate for MPers? Darkbeer would know.

bassett1976
05-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Does HoJos still give the same rate for MPers? Darkbeer would know.

The HoJo will give different rates for APs and the Entertainment card. I have emailed someone at the HoJo a couple of times recently about the two different rates. They are always different. For the upcoming trip on June 7-9 we used the entertainment rate ($54 the first night and $107 or so the second night). The AP rate was $105 for each of the two nights. We also reserved a room for the Halloween party and the AP was cheeper ($94 for each night) instead of the entertainment rate ($109 each night).

From what I've found, the entertainment rates are better for the weekdays (especially off season) than weekends.

Courtney Anne
05-24-2007, 09:57 AM
OK, I am going to put a damper here. Motel 6 is $63 ($126). Parkside is the one hotel I would sleep in my car before I would sleep there. Alamo is close, but I would probably go inside. Del Sol I would sleep in, but gripe the whole time...

I will look into Motel 6 then - thanks. Where is it ?? I might be able to find an entertainment card... I will ask around.

...and I am on two boards... sorry for the double posting - but there are people I trust on both boards to give me good info so I asked both sites the same questions.

Courtney Anne
05-24-2007, 11:29 AM
The AP contest winners weren't supposed to be notified until around June 1st, so there is still a possibility that you are a winner!

That would be awesome !!! He would love that !!! Plus if we won - then we wouldn't have to buy blackout tickets for Saturday !!!

Courtney Anne
05-24-2007, 11:34 AM

I just called HOJOs and they quoted me $124 a night !

Malcon10t
05-24-2007, 12:09 PM
I will look into Motel 6 then - thanks. Where is it ?? I might be able to find an entertainment card... I will ask around.

...and I am on two boards... sorry for the double posting - but there are people I trust on both boards to give me good info so I asked both sites the same questions.Motel 6 is on Disney Way. Its about 3/4 mile. It iis on the B ART, which is a decent route! Walking, you would walk out past the trams, turn right walk down to the light at DisneyWay and Harbor, cross Harbor, then walk down past the Anaheim Garden walk, cross Clementine, and just after Residence Inn is Motel 6.

Courtney Anne
05-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Motel 6 is on Disney Way. Its about 3/4 mile. It iis on the B ART, which is a decent route! Walking, you would walk out past the trams, turn right walk down to the light at DisneyWay and Harbor, cross Harbor, then walk down past the Anaheim Garden walk, cross Clementine, and just after Residence Inn is Motel 6.

OK - I made a reservation at Motel 6 for about $126 for two nights. I guess it is a brand new place ??? I couldn't find it on Google Maps.

Thanks for the help !!!!!!!!!!

Malcon10t
05-24-2007, 01:09 PM
OK - I made a reservation at Motel 6 for about $126 for two nights. I guess it is a brand new place ??? I couldn't find it on Google Maps.

Thanks for the help !!!!!!!!!!
Its probably still listed as Red Roof Inn with Google. It only changed hands in March or so. Let us know how it is when you get back.

Courtney Anne
05-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Its probably still listed as Red Roof Inn with Google. It only changed hands in March or so. Let us know how it is when you get back.

well that makes sense...

I remember seeing that !

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-24-2007, 08:42 PM
The HoJo will give different rates for APs and the Entertainment card. I have emailed someone at the HoJo a couple of times recently about the two different rates. They are always different. For the upcoming trip on June 7-9 we used the entertainment rate ($54 the first night and $107 or so the second night). The AP rate was $105 for each of the two nights. We also reserved a room for the Halloween party and the AP was cheeper ($94 for each night) instead of the entertainment rate ($109 each night).

From what I've found, the entertainment rates are better for the weekdays (especially off season) than weekends.

Interesting.
Darkbeer hooked me up with the email to Willie at Hojo and he has been great to us. They give a terrific rate to airline employees, so we always stay there.

ariel39
05-24-2007, 08:51 PM
We just got back, survived the red carpet, anyhow we paid $80 per night at the Radisson, Harbor and Katella. It was awesome!!!

Courtney Anne
05-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Interesting.
Darkbeer hooked me up with the email to Willie at Hojo and he has been great to us. They give a terrific rate to airline employees, so we always stay there.

I asked for a MP discount but the girl seemed clueless. She would only offer me 10% off the $124...

I passed. I ended up making ressies at the new Motel 6 (former Red Roof Inn).

I am very excited and can't wait to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son will be so excited.

bassett1976
05-25-2007, 08:24 AM
I asked for a MP discount but the girl seemed clueless. She would only offer me 10% off the $124...

I passed. I ended up making ressies at the new Motel 6 (former Red Roof Inn).

I am very excited and can't wait to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son will be so excited.

To check out the Ho Jo you could go to mousesavers.com and look for the Ho Jo link under Disneyland hotels. Then look for the direct link to the Ho Jo web site from there. Then you can chose three options for different types of discounts.