PDA

View Full Version : Hotels near Mickey & Friends [parking structure]

Darren
05-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Has anyone stayed at any of the hotels near the parking structure. I never have but would like any info on quality and value as well as ease of park acces via the tram.

Any help at all would be appreciated. I guess any nearby ammenities would be nice to know about as well

adriennek
05-22-2007, 08:35 PM
On the MP Review System, this page for hotels North of the park (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Hotels%20%2F% 20Adjacent%20hotels%20north%20of%20the%20park) includes the Days Inn, the Sheraton and the Best Western at Ball, near Disneyland Dr.

Adrienne

dland
05-22-2007, 08:57 PM
I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Walnut behind the Mickey and Friends parking structure about two years ago. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite with a familyroom for a good price. The place was pretty nice except for the biggest coakroaches I have ever seen. We killed two that were 3 inches long! I took one of them to the front desk to show them, they were polite but didn't seem that interested. The walk to Disneyland took about 20 minutes. The neighborhood behind Disneyland was not that nice. The first day we walked to Disneyland in the morning and then walked back to the hotel at about midnight. I was not comfortable walking in that neighborhood at night with my wife and two small children. The next three days we drove to the parking structure.

Gilesmt
05-22-2007, 09:50 PM
I stayed at the Sheraton about 5 years ago. It was great, nice big rooms, nice lobby, great veiw of the fireworks from the pool and spa. I can not tell you how the walk was because we never did it. I also never stayed again, not because I did not like it but because the price is high for what you get, and we only took it because the travel agency gave the wrong price and booked it and then called me to make up the $550 that they were off but I did not have to pay so we got it for a real good deal.

backsthepack
05-23-2007, 04:02 AM
Just don't stay at that Motel 8 (or whatever it is called) that is back there. That place is horrible!

Tinkermommy
05-23-2007, 06:01 AM
A bunch of us walked from the Sheraton to Disneyland (before sunup, no less) when we did the CHOC Walk last year. It was a pretty easy walk. We took the Sheraton's shuttle bus back. Easy and convenient.

Darren
05-23-2007, 04:24 PM
one of the things I am wondering is whether there are any decent places to stay near the parking structure that would make entry to the park nearly as easy as staying in an adjacent property east of the maingate.

dland
05-24-2007, 08:30 PM
one of the things I am wondering is whether there are any decent places to stay near the parking structure that would make entry to the park nearly as easy as staying in an adjacent property east of the maingate.

I don't think so. The problem is you can not cut throught the parking structure, you have to take a long walk aroung it.

adriennek
05-24-2007, 09:57 PM

Not really. You would have to walk from Ball, up Disneyland Drive, past the parking structure, up to - oh, the street you go on to park at DTD or the DLH - before you even start to walk "on property" towards the park. Also, the roads on the West side of the park are much steeper inclines than the east side. The east side is relatively flat.

The walk from Disneyland Drive to the Esplanade is going to be longer than the walk from Harbor Blvd to the Esplanade.

The walk will definitely be longer and more strenuous from that area. It's not impossible but it's not comprable.

Adrienne

dehnehsu
05-25-2007, 12:23 AM
We recently stayed at the Rodeway Inn Maingate at 1211 West Place (Off of Ball Road near Disneyland Drive) It's just off the little road leading to the employee parking entrance. Easy Car access with stoplights to get thru traffic easy. Great rates, I paid $48 for Tuesday May 22nd. The Motel has 33 rooms and around 30 parking spaces. It's a little worn here and there but an outstanding value for the $. It is not a dump! If the rates at Park Vue Inn are too high, I'm staying here from now on.

The downside is they used to let guests to cut thru the Disneyland employee parking lot, but as of July 2006 they don't allow that anymore. We were told you can walk back that way though. So we had to walk from Ball, cross the street to the other side of Disneyland Drive and walk to the Park. A very long walk! Getting back was fast. We took the tram to the Mickey and Friends structure took the Daisy escalator followed the garage sidewalk to the employee lot, cut thru the lot and walked past the guard booth back to the hotel which is next door to the employee parking entance. Only a 5 minute walk at a slow pace.