PDA

View Full Version : Club 33, Lunch Price

Pages : [1] 2

kiowa
05-21-2007, 07:43 PM
I've only had the honor of going to Club 33 for a few dinners, but never had the chance to eat there at lunch. Has anyone out there been for the lunch buffet in the past few months? If so can you can share the price? I imagine it is the close to dinner prices, just curious. Thank you for the help.

bloodnswash
05-21-2007, 08:11 PM
I've only had the honor of going to Club 33 for a few dinners, but never had the chance to eat there at lunch. Has anyone out there been for the lunch buffet in the past few months? If so can you can share the price? I imagine it is the close to dinner prices, just curious. Thank you for the help.

The last time I was there for lunch was March 19, 2006. You get a menu meal. There is a buffet set up (shrimp, salmon, stuff like that) but your main meal comes from a menu. At that time it was about $60 a plate.

KDR
05-22-2007, 07:29 AM
The price for lunch (Mon - Sat) at Club 33 is always the same price as a one-day, one-park pass. Of course, that does not include beverages, tax, or gratuities.

Sunday lunch is more expensive as it includes a glass of champagne and visits from Mickey and Pluto (or sometimes Mickey and Minnie).

FWIW, the minimum charge for dinner is also equal to the price of a one-day, one-park pass.

Interestingly, for the price of a one-day, one-park pass, Club 33 guests get lunch or dinner and a complimentary one-day Parkhopper pass. Sounds like a bargain to me. (Unless you're either already an AP holder, a CM, or the actual Club member.)

bloodnswash
05-22-2007, 07:46 AM
The meal does include sodas, milk, coffee, hot chocolate, things of that nature. It just doesn't include alcoholic beverages. That is extra. Unless it has changed since my last visit.

wookieecantina
05-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Our last lunch was approx. $68.00, minimum dinner charge is approx. $58.00. Alcoholic beverages are extra, but their price is easily comparable to any club or equal restaurant. The lamb Osso Bucco is wonderful, I highly recommend it. If they still have the Kurobuta Pork Chop, it was average, nothing too grand. We used to have lunch there very frequently, but we've switched to dinner since the buffet was scaled back a bit. Lunch is still very enjoyable and definately worth the experience. Grab a smore's martini before they run out, they're very unique.

mi_mous
05-22-2007, 08:39 AM
The meal does include sodas, milk, coffee, hot chocolate, things of that nature. It just doesn't include alcoholic beverages. That is extra. Unless it has changed since my last visit.

I went for lunch in November, and looking at the bill, the drinks are not included. They are an additional charge. (At least that is what it looked like on our bill.)

bloodnswash
05-22-2007, 08:48 AM
I went for lunch in November, and looking at the bill, the drinks are not included. They are an additional charge. (At least that is what it looked like on our bill.)

Wow, very interesting. Thanks for the info update! :)

mi_mous
05-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Wow, very interesting. Thanks for the info update! :)

I do have to add that the bill was a little hard to read, so the $60/plate price may still ring true, it was just broken down to show everything. But, from what I could tell, it was an additional charge.

ChelleR
05-22-2007, 10:43 AM
I ate at the club three days last week...two days for lunch and one day for dinner. The minimum food charge price for both lunch and dinner is $63.00 for adults, $53.00 for kids. There is a $10.00 "baby buffet" charge during lunch for children under 3 if they eat anything off your plate.

Drinks are NOT included. Coffee is $2.50. Milk is $2.25. Hot chocolate is $3.25. A glass of Silverado Sauvginon Blanc is $7.50. One delicious chocolate "bomb" dessert was $11.00....

If you have any other questions, let me know...I can look at my receipts.

Best wishes,
Michelle

KDR
05-22-2007, 11:05 AM
I ate at the club three days last week...two days for lunch and one day for dinner. The minimum food charge price for both lunch and dinner is $63.00 for adults, $53.00 for kids. There is a $10.00 "baby buffet" charge during lunch for children under 3 if they eat anything off your plate.

Drinks are NOT included. Coffee is $2.50. Milk is $2.25. Hot chocolate is $3.25. A glass of Silverado Sauvginon Blanc is $7.50. One delicious chocolate "bomb" dessert was $11.00....

Best wishes,
Michelle

And just to reinforce that a bit, the times I've had lunch at the Club (the first occasion being nearly ten years ago, the most recent being last Sunday) I'm quite sure non-alcoholic beverages were not part of the lunch price and were billed additionally. It's possible, though, that bloodnswash's server failed to enter the beverage orders onto the bill.

emeraldfrog1976
05-22-2007, 11:13 AM
i see so many people saying they have been to club 33 for dinner or lunch. i was under the impression that you must be a member to do so. if that is wrong please enlighten me, that is one of my mom and husbands dreams.

nocaldznygrl
05-22-2007, 11:25 AM
And just to reinforce that a bit, the times I've had lunch at the Club (the first occasion being nearly ten years ago, the most recent being last Sunday) I'm quite sure non-alcoholic beverages were not part of the lunch price and were billed additionally. It's possible, though, that bloodnswash's server failed to enter the beverage orders onto the bill.

I was there on Sunday! What time were you there? We were there at 11am, and just beat a party of 30 or more through the door. We had the place to ourselves while they checked the big group into the trophy room and then we finally had company in the main room. Wonderful time as always!

bloodnswash
05-22-2007, 11:26 AM

I've eaten at Club 33 twice...November 2005 and March 2006. Both times we were not charged for our drinks. Maybe we got lucky :)

KDR
05-22-2007, 11:31 AM

I was there on Sunday! What time were you there? We were there at 11am, and just beat a party of 30 or more through the door. We had the place to ourselves while they checked the big group into the trophy room and then we finally had company in the main room. Wonderful time as always!

Hmmmm. We were in the Trophy Room, but I think we were the late seating -- 2:15. We had a party of 13. The other two tables were soon occupied by another large group. (The reason I'm hazy on the time is because I put my back out last week, and in order to be able to walk around DL I had to load up on Vicodin and Soma. Even then I had to use a cane. But needless to say, I was a bit out of it that day.)

Malcon10t
05-22-2007, 11:43 AM
i see so many people saying they have been to club 33 for dinner or lunch. i was under the impression that you must be a member to do so. if that is wrong please enlighten me, that is one of my mom and husbands dreams.You need to either be a member, or know someone who is who is willing to let you in on their account. (Many large corps have this as a perk for their execs.) The reason I say someone who is willing is because if you no show on the reservation, the member is charged for your "visit". Also, if you do anything considered inappropriate, the member is who gets informed and told about making sure they only invite people who can abide by the "rules".

nocaldznygrl
05-22-2007, 11:48 AM
(The reason I'm hazy on the time is because I put my back out last week, and in order to be able to walk around DL I had to load up on Vicodin and Soma. Even then I had to use a cane. But needless to say, I was a bit out of it that day.)

Oh my goodness. Back problems are no fun at all. We were not up to par either. We went to the wine makers dinner on Friday night at Steakhouse 55 (had at bit too much fun), then went to the movie premiere on Saturday night (very long and fun night) and then up early again, pack and check out in time to be at the Club by 11AM.
For all of us, yesterday (Monday) at work was a blur. It is going to take a few days to recover.
Hope your up and feeling better soon!

KDR
05-22-2007, 11:56 AM
i see so many people saying they have been to club 33 for dinner or lunch. i was under the impression that you must be a member to do so. if that is wrong please enlighten me, that is one of my mom and husbands dreams.

Only members can make reservations. But they don't necessarily have to be a part of the group that is dining. In fact, from speaking with several Club 33 CMs over the years, my understanding is that it's rather unusual for more than two or three members to be dining at the Club during a given lunch or dinner period. Many non-members are able to get into the Club through their workplace, as several large corporations have Club 33 memberships. A Club 33 CM once told me that the majority of lunch patrons typically get their reservations through a corporate member.

Individual members are far less likely to be inclined to make reservations for people if they do not know them well. This is because guest behavior directly reflects on the member. Some members go as far as to refuse making reservations for anyone unless they are part of the group.

julbright
05-22-2007, 12:07 PM

Best wishes,
Michelle

Wow, three days last week. That's sooo cool. One day I will get there!

I heart Disney
05-22-2007, 07:23 PM
I may have the opportunity to eat a Club 33 in October. I am very excited about it. What are the "rules"? I don't want to look like an idiot while there.

kiowa
05-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Thank you to those who stayed on topic and answered my question.

adriennek
05-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Individual members are far less likely to be inclined to make reservations for people if they do not know them well. This is because guest behavior directly reflects on the member. Some members go as far as to refuse making reservations for anyone unless they are part of the group.

We have some family friends who told us a few years ago that we could call whenever we wanted to go because the husband's law firm has a membership. I hesitated to call because I didn't want to abuse the offer. I finally had a reason that was worthy of asking for a reservation so I did.

Since the time of the original offer, another partner's children had royally abused a different "perk" of the law firm and in response, they cracked down on every perk, including Club 33. Now they can only make a reservation if one of the partners is going to be present.

I understand why they had to do it, but I was obviously disappointed to lose the connection based on someone else's poor behavior. But it's the way it goes and I don't blame the partners in the LEAST. If I had a membership I'd be VERY careful who I shared it with.

Adrienne

adriennek
05-23-2007, 09:31 AM
What are the "rules"?

There really aren't a lot of rules, but the basic, always a rule: "Don't be a Jerk" :D

Be respectful. If I'm recalling correctly there isn't really a dress code, but it's appropriate to dress a little "nicer" than average - I wouldn't personally wear a tank top or short-shorts. A clean shirt, crisp 'burmuda length' shorts for lunch, pants and a clean shirt for dinner. Many people who are going for a special occasion do dress nicer. Ladies don't have to wear skirts but there's no reason they can't or shouldn't.

Don't run around and make a big commotion.

And the servers are used to people being excited to be there. They're happy to help you take pictures, give you a tour of the club, etc. It's been done before ;)

Be sure to take a towel or two from the bathroom for a souvenir ;) :eek: Hey, they're free! Now, don't walk out with a stack of 100 for ebay. That's just tacky. But a couple for the scrapbook, totally cool.

Adrienne

mi_mous
05-23-2007, 09:45 AM
What are the "rules"? I don't want to look like an idiot while there.

They hand you a piece of paper that tells you the rules now, because they state that they have changed the rules.

I'll try to find the paper, and I will put them up.

adriennek
05-23-2007, 09:49 AM
They hand you a piece of paper that tells you the rules now, because they state that they have changed the rules.

I'll try to find the paper, and I will put them up.

Ack. So I'm wrong? LOL. That's right, they did say they're cracking down...

(But I'll bet that taking a paper towel or two from the bathroom is still ok ;) )

Adrienne

dawnid
05-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Our family had lunch at the end of April and there is a dress code. The best way to describe it is dressy resort wear. Walking Shorts, nice sneakers or nice sandals are okay for everyone. No tank tops, tube tops, halter tops and no thongs/flip flops. I'd suggest a collared shirt for guys and for gals if you want to wear a tank in the park just bring an overshirt or sweater to dress it up.

As to cost Sunday lunch for 4 with 4 cocktails, 1 tea, 1 soda was $320.00

P.S. - I do have a guest towel, swizel stick and mint in the curio cabinet.