PDA

View Full Version : Hotels across from [Disneyland] main gate

ArielleBelle
05-21-2007, 02:50 PM
hey everyone, I am havinga hard time remembering all the hotels that are right across from the main gate, any help would be great! We are planning a trip sept 26th -29th for my sons 4th b-day! thanks again, & also what you thinka bout the hotels!
Danielle

jaymesmom617
05-21-2007, 02:51 PM
This website is great...

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

Sara

ChelleR
05-21-2007, 03:24 PM
We just got home from staying 4 nights last week at the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. This is our second year staying there and it works great for us. It's myself and my two young children, my sister, her husband and my niece and my mom and dad. We get the big suite that sleeps 10. We find it to be no frills, but clean and comfortable. We got it for $129 per night and we split that three ways. Can't beat the rate and there is nothing better than being a short walk away from your hotel after a great day in the parks!

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Michelle

jacandjan
05-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Here is another one.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html?200726

ralfrick
05-22-2007, 08:16 AM
We just got home from staying 4 nights last week at the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. This is our second year staying there and it works great for us. It's myself and my two young children, my sister, her husband and my niece and my mom and dad. We get the big suite that sleeps 10. We find it to be no frills, but clean and comfortable. We got it for $129 per night and we split that three ways. Can't beat the rate and there is nothing better than being a short walk away from your hotel after a great day in the parks!

Michelle
We, too have stayed here 3 times, and would do so again.

A bientot.

Lekta
05-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Here is another one.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html?200726

That is the same map as a previous poster. Try these also:

http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html

http://oefrl.tripod.com/disneyland2002/id6.html

Have a magical time!

adriennek
05-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Here's the MousePlanet Review Page (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Hotels%20%2F% 20Walking%20distance%20hotels%20east%20of%20the%20 park%2C%20near%20the%20main%20gate) for the hotels by main gate.

Adrienne

ArielleBelle
05-22-2007, 02:48 PM
thankyou everyone! i can't wait to go!

simnia
05-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Here is a fairly comprehensive list of businesses on Harbor Boulevard in the vicinity of Disneyland:

http://www.simnia.com/dl/dl-periphery/dl-periphery_addresses.htm#harbor

sjcivilady
05-24-2007, 08:33 PM

Michelle

Did they limit you to parking only one car? I read somewhere they only let you bring one car, even when reserving a huge suite like that.

ChelleR
05-25-2007, 05:30 AM
Did they limit you to parking only one car? I read somewhere they only let you bring one car, even when reserving a huge suite like that.

Yes...their policy is to only allow one car per room...no matter how big the suite is. We had two cars...I called in advance and asked what they recommend we do with the second car and they said they send people to a nearby hotel that has a paid parking lot (Hilton?). They also said that if they could accomodate the second car they would...at no charge, but they wouldn't be able to tell until we arrived.

When we arrived, they told us they couldn't "officially" accomodate the second car because not everyone had checked in yet, but to check back with the front desk in a few hours and we left them our cell number so they could call us if we needed to move it. In the 4 nights we stayed there they never called us, so we were able to leave the car in the garage which was great.

Michelle

ER Nurse
05-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks so much for the update on this hotel. I am going to be going in November and am happy to hear that it is an okay place.

Thanks

Lisa

wabby1
05-25-2007, 12:43 PM
A week from tomorrow, we'll be staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn, which is directly across the crosswalk and entrance to Disneyland. This is the first trip in about 7 times that we will not be staying at a Disney property. But from the looks of things, the Park Place Inn will be very affordable, accomodating, and the closest to the park entrance. I'll certainly write up a review after our stay in the next week or two.

Good luck!

Malcon10t
05-25-2007, 01:03 PM
A week from tomorrow, we'll be staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn, which is directly across the crosswalk and entrance to Disneyland. This is the first trip in about 7 times that we will not be staying at a Disney property. But from the looks of things, the Park Place Inn will be very affordable, accomodating, and the closest to the park entrance. I'll certainly write up a review after our stay in the next week or two.

Good luck!Can't wait to hear your report! Park Place Inn and Park Vue Inn are both "directly across the crosswalk." The Park Vue, you cross and walk back. The Park Place you cross, then cross to the left, and walk back. Desert Inn, you cross, walk about 50 steps right, and you're there. Basically the Camelot, Tropicana, Carousel, Park Place, Park Vue, Desert Inn, and Del Sol are "right across the street." For price, I choose the Desert Inn or the Park Vue. (Used to choose the Camelot, but since the change in management, the prices went sky high.)

nmjohnston874
05-26-2007, 03:51 AM

Good luck!

We just got back from a five-night stay there and we enjoyed it. The rooms are clean, and the beds comfy. We stayed on the third floor and found it to be extremely quiet. I can't comment on the breakfast as we ate all of ours in the park. Our only complaint is that there is only one elevator in the entire property, and our room was at the other end from it. since I must use an ECV, it was an inconvenience.

Which leads me to another gripe. why do motels put HA rooms on the upper floors? This is the second property in two different states where I've stayed recently that does that. It seems to me a bit of a problem for non-ambulatory guests if a fire breaks out and the elevator can't be used.

The old man
05-26-2007, 07:33 AM
...A liberal at 65 has no brains. -- Unknown
Now where did I leave that thing?