PDA

View Full Version : For those who saw Barrage last year AND this year.

Rallymonkey23
06-17-2002, 11:08 PM
Is it just me or did the Canadian cast seem more "into" the show? I know it was a year ago, but it just seemed like the European cast was kinda going through the motions to get through the show. They didn't really seem to be having a good time on stage. Except for the blonde haired lady and one of the guys. They were "playing" around a bit on stage. Other than that, no one seemed to be having a good time up there. I'm not saying that I didn't like the show, cause I did. Also, has anyone seen them play "Mountain Spring"? That, IMO, is the most beautiful song I have heard on a violin.

sydney
06-17-2002, 11:24 PM
barrage was great last year, and I do remember them "playing" more, but I have a hunch that may be because I saw them towards the end of their run last year and they were so used to doing the same thing over and over they were resorting to any means neccessary to keep their performance interesting. Let's see if a month and a half from now the europeans aren't doing the same thing. However, I was left with a very good opinion of this cast and thought their performance was excellent. They did play "mountain spring" in at least their first and last sets (the ones I saw) and yes, it's a gorgeous song. Also-- they played the fantastic "until we meet again" which I love...

For the true nitpickers: They cut part of a passage in the song "Calypso Jam" which quotes two measures of "under the sea". I wonder if they ran into copyright issues w/ the mouse?

Anyway, regardless... if anyone who hasn't seen Barrage yet is still reading this long post, do yourself a favor and go-- they rock and are so truly talented. Their show is a lot of fun, and they *do* have a lot of fun performing it. they come out and meet their audience after each set, and are very friendly.

Rallymonkey23
06-17-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by sydney
They did play "mountain spring" in at least their first and last sets (the ones I saw) and yes, it's a gorgeous song. Also-- they played the fantastic "until we meet again" which I love...

Boy do I have bad timing. We saw the 2nd show tonight and they played the same songs that they played in the show we saw the night before..... I also like "Until we meet again" Thats a great song. I guess I'll have to check them out tommorrow night (if possible) and hopefully they play my faves.... They played my wifes fav.. "Joe's fave." tonight, which made her day. :)

Sheila
06-18-2002, 09:40 AM
Ahhh, so this is the infamous European cast, eh? I missed their sets last weekend so I'm looking forward to catching Barrage on Saturday or Sunday.

When I saw Barrage last year and sat through several of their sets, I noticed that they pretty much played the same bunch of tunes during every set, save for one or two different songs. So that probably would explain why you're hearing so many repeats.

Sheila

Rallymonkey23
06-18-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Sheila
So that probably would explain why you're hearing so many repeats.Sheila

Yeah, I know that but, but, but...... Ah nevermind. :)