PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Premiere Night Swag/Goodie Bag

Rkkm
05-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Here, from eBay (natch!) is a list of the contents of the POC/WE Premiere swag bag given to attendees. This one is listed at $999.00. Another, which appears to have exactly the same stuff, is going for $3k.

Description

You are bidding on the goodie bag received following the premiere of the Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End. You will receive the following:

1 plastic goodie bag

1 Pirate Mickey Mouse Ears with earring and beads attached

1 Cap embroidery with a skull on the front and World Premiere 5-19-07 on the back

1 Soundtrack CD for the Pirates of the Caribbean at World's End composed by Hans Zimmer

1 Nintendo DS Lite Player (Special pirates logo and limited edition player)

1 Nintendo video game Wii - Pirates of the Caribbean at World's End

1 Nintendo video game DS - Pirates of the Caribbean at World's End

1 small poster with download instructions

1 invitation to New Orleans Square in Disneyland to download additional features for the video games

1 set of credentials for the World Premiere

Boo's Mommy
05-21-2007, 06:48 PM
I wonder if this was given to just the celebs or everyone, including us "regular" folk that were fortunate enough to be able to purchase the $1500 tickets. And also, for those of you that got to go via these tickets, how was it? Any "trip" reports for the event? Did you get to sit near any of the stars there?

houseofmouse
05-21-2007, 07:49 PM
I want to know who is dumb enough to spend that much money on this? There is always a slight chance someone will take your money and run away laughing!!!

bloodnswash
05-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I wonder if this was given to just the celebs or everyone, including us "regular" folk that were fortunate enough to be able to purchase the $1500 tickets. And also, for those of you that got to go via these tickets, how was it? Any "trip" reports for the event? Did you get to sit near any of the stars there?

Everybody got a goodie bag.....including us regular folks that bought our Premiere tickets.

It was a wonderful evening! If they ever have another Pirates Premiere at DL and allow us regular folks to attend we will be there! It was really a lot of fun. I will post something later this week.....I've been at DL for 9 days so far this month and I really need to get back on schedule at home (you know...laundry, grocery shopping, posting the pictures) :)

I did not sit next to any stars (lol, at least none that I recognized) but I did get to see plenty of them. I do know someone who got to sit next to a somebody. LOL, and she did not like him. On the red carpet Teri Hatcher was right in front of us. Disney allowed us Make a Wish people to walk with the stars. We were not kept seperate from them. By the way, Pintel is an awesome guy!!! What an absolute sweetie!

stan4d_steph
05-22-2007, 05:41 AM
I certainly hope the seller is not someone who got into the premiere by donating to Make A Wish. I find it distasteful that someone is trying to "recoup" their donation to a charity by selling a goodie bag on eBay.

RStar
05-22-2007, 06:05 AM
At those prices I think they won't sell at all. At least I hope not, I also find it distastefull that a freebee that is for your enjoyment to be sold for that much money. I mean, yes, it is yours to do what you want with. But to profit so greatly is obscene.

Also, I noticed one was selling for the starting bid of $99, much more reasonable if you ask me. It shows that the person isn't out there to get rich quick from their experience.....

bloodnswash
05-22-2007, 06:25 AM
At those prices I think they won't sell at all. At least I hope not, I also find it distastefull that a freebee that is for your enjoyment to be sold for that much money. I mean, yes, it is yours to do what you want with. But to profit so greatly is obscene.

Also, I noticed one was selling for the starting bid of $99, much more reasonable if you ask me. It shows that the person isn't out there to get rich quick from their experience.....

Our family has 3 goodie bags.....no selling going on in this house :)

It's just the premiere ball cap that is selling for $105.

gtpinoy
05-22-2007, 06:49 AM
That's pretty cool that Disney gave that goodie bag out to everyone. The amount of merchandise in there is pretty nice too. Movie Premier, Pirate Mouse Ears, Cap, SoundTrack, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii Game, & Nintendo DS Game!! All that for $100.00!! Amazing!!

SoCalDude
05-22-2007, 03:39 PM
1 Nintendo DS Lite Player (Special pirates logo and limited edition player)

I have seen pictures of this and I wonder if it just has stickers attached to it or how exactly the overlay is applied on the DS system.

nocaldznygrl
05-22-2007, 03:52 PM
I have seen pictures of this and I wonder if it just has stickers attached to it or how exactly the overlay is applied on the DS system.

It is a sticker on both sides....it's like a skin. Nice system though.

avalosn
05-22-2007, 04:07 PM
I certainly hope the seller is not someone who got into the premiere by donating to Make A Wish. I find it distasteful that someone is trying to "recoup" their donation to a charity by selling a goodie bag on eBay.

I was thinking the same thing. When I initially saw that, I was like, Hmmmmm, looks like someone is trying to pay off those tickets.

motomickey
05-22-2007, 04:36 PM

The evening was absolutely awesome! The movie is great, Disney went out of their way to give everyone a magical experience! Our seats were second row, middle section, middle of the row--wow! the stars sat up above us about 10-12 rows. They came out on stage prior to the movie and acted very humbled by the crowd's cheers! If someone could tell me how to load my pictures so you can see them, I will. I have an account at snapfish.com but don't know how to share them with this board......any help?:confused:

bloodnswash
05-22-2007, 07:06 PM
The evening was absolutely awesome! The movie is great, Disney went out of their way to give everyone a magical experience! Our seats were second row, middle section, middle of the row--wow! the stars sat up above us about 10-12 rows. They came out on stage prior to the movie and acted very humbled by the crowd's cheers! If someone could tell me how to load my pictures so you can see them, I will. I have an account at snapfish.com but don't know how to share them with this board......any help?:confused:

DUDE.....You were right in front of us: we were in the green section, third row up, right in the middle :) I so wish we could have taken pictures of all the stage stuff before the movie started....and then handed our cameras in. That would have been great!

SoCalDude
05-25-2007, 10:40 PM
please delete!

Kat813
05-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, I was there. We who gave our $1500 did not get anything except a pair of mouse ears. I saw no one else around me get anything more. We didn't get to meet anyone and were shuffled to the end of the red carpet where no one came.

Eventually, we were hustled into the movie area where we got a tin of popcorn. I gave mine away as I don't like stale popcorn.

I never went to the buffet dinner because no one would be there either! And we were all divided into our little caste system. We were told our tickets were actually worth $100 and the rest is a donation. Well, we didn't get $100 dollars worth of anything and we haven't yet received a proper legal document that we can use for a tax deduction!!

BarbD
05-29-2007, 10:23 AM
WOW Bummer KAt813

Im pretty sure you wont see your tax info until January when most companies mail them out. I wonder why some got goodie bags and some didnt? Maybe they gave them out at the buffet?

DisMom628
05-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Kat813 sorry you didn't have a good time. I was there with my daughter having bought the Make A Wish tickets and we had a wonderful time. After checking in and getting our credentials it did take a while to actually get in but it was fun waiting on the carpet. We got several pictures while waiting and then stopped and took pictures while walking the carpet, did not really feel rushed at all. I thought we would be separated from the stars also but that was not the case. We rode several rides and went to our assigned buffet and ate dinner with Cuba Gooding Jr. on one side and the actor who plays the pirate with the bird on his shoulder (sorry don't know his name) on the other side. Everyone was very nice. We kept running into Kobe Bryant and his family on all the rides and my daughter thought it was really nice to see him interacting with his family. Ran to ladies room before the movie started and was in line behind Teri Hatcher and her daughter waiting their turn. We had great seats (second row of the green section) and enjoyed the movie. We rode several rides after and on our way out they had long tables set up with people giving out the bags. Someone called us over, we didn't know what the table was so we had walked by. They told us not to forget our gift bags and hoped we had a wonderful evening. All in all I was really impressed with the evening. I thought everyone was friendly and helpful and I felt they did a great job of making everyone's evening enjoyable. I'm really sorry you missed out on so much of the fun.

bloodnswash
05-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Hmmm, were you at the same POTC 3 Premiere that I was at? Sure doesn't sound like it :)

All tax info has already been mailed out. It arrived with the envelope containing the Timon Parking pass.

motomickey
05-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Well, I was there. We who gave our $1500 did not get anything except a pair of mouse ears. I saw no one else around me get anything more. We didn't get to meet anyone and were shuffled to the end of the red carpet where no one came.

Eventually, we were hustled into the movie area where we got a tin of popcorn. I gave mine away as I don't like stale popcorn.

I never went to the buffet dinner because no one would be there either! And we were all divided into our little caste system. We were told our tickets were actually worth $100 and the rest is a donation. Well, we didn't get $100 dollars worth of anything and we haven't yet received a proper legal document that we can use for a tax deduction!!

one--everyone who exited out by the tiki room got the swag bag--not sure why you didn't?
two--the letter you got prior to the event with your parking ticket had the tax deductible info on it

we got free sodas, churros, cotton candy--the works--not sure why you had such a bad experience!

avalosn
05-31-2007, 01:09 PM

Well, at least you gave to a worthy organization and got to see the movie before everyone else, right? :)

Boo's Mommy
06-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Ok, so perhaps this is a moment of shame for me, but I did put in a bid for one of the goodie bags on e-bay. It is my solace since i didn't get to go and the event sold out before my hubby said i could buy the tickets. :crying: :crying:
i had only used ebay twice before, never had been outbid.
i kept careful watch on this one and i down to the last few minutes, i was the winning bid, then at the last minute, i was outbid, i tried to refresh, but my computer froze, and it was too late! :crying: :crying:
i'm soo sad and sooo disappointed, i can't even describe, i was hyperventalating .... i was soooo crushed.
I guess I can only hope to try again...

misdisney
06-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi All,
Sounds like most of you had a great time! I was at the event as well only we were on the side of the red carpet yelling at all of you walking down the carpet. My daughter and I had a great time as well and have our fingers crossed for a POTC 4. All the celebetries that came and signed autographs were really nice. My question is , if you could do it all over again knowing what you know now would you? Did you guys get to take pictures and get autographs once you were inside with the stars? And final question, did any of you get to see Johnny? I really wanted to do the $1500 tickets but to much was unknown for me and my daughter and I really wanted to see Johnny and the cast of the movie so we sat on the red carpet instead. I would love to here from you guys. Thanks:p

bloodnswash
06-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi All,
Sounds like most of you had a great time! I was at the event as well only we were on the side of the red carpet yelling at all of you walking down the carpet. My daughter and I had a great time as well and have our fingers crossed for a POTC 4. All the celebetries that came and signed autographs were really nice. My question is , if you could do it all over again knowing what you know now would you? Did you guys get to take pictures and get autographs once you were inside with the stars? And final question, did any of you get to see Johnny? I really wanted to do the $1500 tickets but to much was unknown for me and my daughter and I really wanted to see Johnny and the cast of the movie so we sat on the red carpet instead. I would love to here from you guys. Thanks:p

We attended the party. We would definitely do it again. We had a ball! We took pictures but once we went in to watch the movie you were supposed to turn your camera in. I wish we could have gotten a picture of Hans Zimmer performing. He was awesome! All the main stars from POTC 3 came out before the movie started. That was pretty cool :) People did get autographs. I got Pintel's along with a picture with him and a recording of him saying, "Ello Poppet." He is such a nice guy.....really really nice.

Johnny left the party about half way through the movie. I eaves dropped on Jack Davenport's converation. He asked another guy, 'Where'd Johnny go?" The other guy said, "He's been sick ever since he arrived today."

We had our best ride ever on the POTC attraction that night. We had our own boat (there was 3 of us). The boat in front of us was empty and the boat behind us was empty. Entirely too much fun was going on.

Yipper.....we'd do it again in a heart beat! I told my husband the morning after the premiere, "IF there's a POTC 4 World Premiere at DL, and they let us regular folks attend.....we are going." He agreed :) Hubby was a little against spending the money in the beginning, but once it was all over, he did tell me, "I'm glad we did this."

I do have a thread here at MP titled something like "more pictures from May 19". That might give you a little more of a feel of what went on beyond the red carpet.

Also, seeing the movie on DL's screen is amazing. I've been to the theater once so far (going again today) to see POTC 3. Nobody can top the quality of what DL had that night. The movie was so crisp and clean to look at. The colors were great. The detail was incredible.The quality of the DL screem made it look like we were watching the movie being made right there in person.....only better. I know that's pretty hard to believe but it's true.