PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day [Roll Call]

avalosn
05-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Now that the whole Pirates Premiere hoopla is over with (sigh of relief), is everybody ready for Memorial Day weekend? Anyone going to be at the Parks? Anyone going to go see POTC3? What are your plans?

Me, I'll be at my home away from home (literally), the DLH on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, hopefully swimming in the pool (if it's hot out) and hanging out at the Lost Bar, non-alcoholic beverages only for another 4 months :crying:. Oh, yeah, and I am definitely checking out TSI on one of those days.......but EARLY to avoid crowds!

WDW heart
05-21-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm working Saturday, Sunday & Monday!!:( I'm off July 4th & Labor Day so I guess it's only fair.

IdahoMike
05-21-2007, 02:24 PM
I'll be working Sat/Sun, but that is because on the following weekend we are headed to DL for 10 days!

PanFan
05-21-2007, 04:10 PM
I'll be working Friday through Monday (yay holiday pay!). Come say hi to me in FL!

avalosn
05-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Hey, PanFan, do you know which ride you are working? I will definitely wave hello. I have a four year old, so we spend a good amount of time in Fantasyland :)

PanFan
05-21-2007, 05:41 PM
"Classics" means I could be at the Tea Cups, Alice, Dumbo, Mr. Toad, Carrousel, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Casey Jr., or Snow White (just ask around; you might find someone who knows where I am, but we move around a lot).

Friday and Saturday evening I'm working Classics
Sunday morning-afternoon I'm at IASW (definitely the easiest to find me)
Monday evening I'm at Classics

Look for Alyssa from Santa Clarita. I'd love to see you!

avalosn
05-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Oh, fun! We will certainly say hi! :fez:

UsBurchs
05-22-2007, 01:45 PM
We are planning on going to POTC World's End on Saturday or Sunday and then packing for our trip. We leave Monday for LA . . . Monday is going to spent at the Star Wars Celebration and then the rest of the week will be around LA with family. Friday and Saturday will be at DLR!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! All in all, I say our "weekend" will be pretty fun . . . a nine-day weekend! :)

See you all at Disneyland! :)

cabozone
05-22-2007, 02:35 PM
We are going to the Pirates Movie marathon at the El Capitan theatre on thursday. Flying in that morning and spending the rest of the time at the park.

jcboyzgirl02
05-22-2007, 03:27 PM
My boyfriend and I are flying down from San Francisco early Memorial Day morning and we are staying until late Friday night. We don't plan on going to the parks on Monday, but his parents had some extra free passes if we want to go. But, we probably won't go to the parks that day so we plan on seeing POTC3 at either 11:15 or 2:55 in Downtown Disney, doing some shopping and swimming at the Disneyland Hotel. And the rest of the week will be spent in the parks. I can't wait!!

avalosn
05-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Sounds like everyone has some well thought plans! I hope I see some of you at DL!

Tisha
05-22-2007, 05:46 PM
I will be in Palm Springs for the weekend! Hopefully will get to see Pirates on Saturday. We're coming home Monday so maybe a bit of Disneyland that evening? Anyone know if Monday will be packed? I'm surprised it's not a blockout day on my Deluxe AP.

ladodgerjon
05-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Look for Alyssa from Santa Clarita. I'd love to see you!

I TOTALLY know who you are! I was there on Saturday with my three year-old son-- I'm a big guy (6'2"), with a goatee, that was wearing a retro-style Hawaiian shirt that had old DL graphics on it (Hall of Chemistry... Casey Jr.,... Monsanto, etc.). We did Dumbo, Casey Jr, Storybook (where I spotted the mini pirate on the bench) around 3pm. I have an entertainment blog (hollywoodthoughts . com) where I wrote about the POTC premiere crowds.

I'll be avoiding the DLR this weekend, but will probably make the trek there next weekend-- and will seek you out!

PanFan
05-23-2007, 04:11 PM
I TOTALLY know who you are! I was there on Saturday with my three year-old son-- I'm a big guy (6'2"), with a goatee, that was wearing a retro-style Hawaiian shirt that had old DL graphics on it (Hall of Chemistry... Casey Jr.,... Monsanto, etc.). We did Dumbo, Casey Jr, Storybook (where I spotted the mini pirate on the bench) around 3pm. I have an entertainment blog (hollywoodthoughts . com) where I wrote about the POTC premiere crowds.

I'll be avoiding the DLR this weekend, but will probably make the trek there next weekend-- and will seek you out!

That's awesome! I'm sorry I don't exactly remember you (I do see a ton of people every day!), but will absolutely keep an eye out for you next weekend! You must have seen me at Casey because I don't think I worked Dumbo that day and I don't know Storybook (yet...). Driving the train is the best thing ever (well, other than PP, of course)!

Friday I'm at Classics (though I'm not sure yet what time) as well as Saturday morning-afternoon. I don't know my Sunday schedule yet, but I will be working.

avalosn
05-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Friday I'm at Classics (though I'm not sure yet what time) as well as Saturday morning-afternoon. I don't know my Sunday schedule yet, but I will be working.

Hey, don't forget, if see some people saying hi to you this weekend, it's probably me and my son! We will just say "PanFan!!!"

Heaven Is Disneyland
05-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Hello Pan Fan! Did you say you were working on Monday, too? I am tossing around the idea of going to the park that day and I would love to see you and say hello!

I think I may do a "Dorky Girl goes to Disneyland Alone Trip". Have to admit, I love them! I may do that or bring my daughter, she's 14 months.......we shall see!

avalosn
05-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I think I may do a "Dorky Girl goes to Disneyland Alone Trip".

Hey, I love doing those trips too! I do them a lot, also, but sometimes they are the best because you can do whatever you want to do!! :fez:

jencape
05-25-2007, 08:11 AM
:) Counting down the hours. We will be there on Saturday and Sunday but drive home on Monday. PanFan we are also from Santa Clarita. We will say hi if we see you.