PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Gardenwalk

SANDYMARIE
05-21-2007, 09:36 AM
This is very exciting! I was checking on the ART route and saw this. We are staying at the Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate and this new complex is right across the street. Some of it his opening in Oct. and we are there from 9/28-10/5. Does anyone else know more about it?
http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/index.html

charpaul
05-21-2007, 10:22 AM
This project was first due to open in 2005 - then 2006 - now Fall of 2007...
I know that they have actually started working on it, but I am not sure if it will even be completed by that date. It has been a LONG time in development and a long time in building. It is supposed to be an nice shopping district area with a "Garden" theme. I am not sure what other info I can give you that is not already on their website.

I CAN tell you that their WEBSITE now has an GRAND OPENING drawing listed for Spring 2008.
Probably won't be open when you visit this fall....

SANDYMARIE
05-21-2007, 10:32 AM
This project was first due to open in 2005 - then 2006 - now Fall of 2007...
I know that they have actually started working on it, but I am not sure if it will even be completed by that date. It has been a LONG time in development and a long time in building. It is supposed to be an nice shopping district area with a "Garden" theme. I am not sure what other info I can give you that is not already on their website.

I CAN tell you that their WEBSITE now has an GRAND OPENING drawing listed for Spring 2008.
Probably won't be open when you visit this fall....

WOW! I had no idea that this was in the works for so long. With so many different dates listed, I thought someone might know something NEW.

Well, I'm hoping something is open for our trip!

Bytebear
05-21-2007, 10:32 AM
From the home page, the photo of the maze shrub is actually at the Getty Center in Los Angeles. I hope this does come about, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns in to low income apartments, given Anaheim's track record.

SANDYMARIE
05-21-2007, 10:41 AM
From the home page, the photo of the maze shrub is actually at the Getty Center in Los Angeles. I hope this does come about, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns in to low income apartments, given Anaheim's track record.

Hi Bytebear,

So, does this mean that construction has not even begun? I don't know the Anaheim history of this kinda thing. I was assuming that it's been under constuction.:confused:

Thanks

Bytebear
05-21-2007, 11:11 AM
From what I hear, it is under construction, and it has gotten a lot more play lately. I am being a bit facetious becausse Anaheim lately has pushed for more houseing and less resort style facilities. I hope it does open, as that area needs better pedestrian areas close to the park. Unfortunately Southern California is all about the car, which for me, means a 30 minute drive to go to the Irvine Spectrum from Disneyland, for example is not a big deal.

SANDYMARIE
05-21-2007, 12:02 PM
From what I hear, it is under construction, and it has gotten a lot more play lately. I am being a bit facetious becausse Anaheim lately has pushed for more houseing and less resort style facilities. I hope it does open, as that area needs better pedestrian areas close to the park. Unfortunately Southern California is all about the car, which for me, means a 30 minute drive to go to the Irvine Spectrum from Disneyland, for example is not a big deal.

Okay. At least it's under construction, so I guess we'll see what happens.
Thanks for the info.

Sandymarie:)

Darkbeer
05-21-2007, 05:58 PM
The project has been coming along very nicely, with multiple multi-story structures (It took them a long time to build a multi-story basement that is designed mainly for parking).