PDA

View Full Version : Building a Monorail stop at D.C.A ????

snappy
06-17-2002, 09:08 PM
* To all of those smart MousePlanet people:

(1) Would you vote (yes - (No) in building a monorail station at D.C.A?
(2)How would you control the flow of guest in regards to ticket holders?
(3) Or is this totally impossible to do?
(4) Where would you construct the station?
* I always thought it would be neat to take the monorail to DCA to hop over.
*What do you think?

stinkerbell
06-17-2002, 09:17 PM
I'm definitely in support of a monorail stop at DCA, in fact we hopped aboard the monorail coming from DH and breakfast, assuming on our first trip to DCA that there was a stop......oops! :D We got off at TL and booked back across DL and the main entry area. In retrospect, woulda been faster just to ride back to the Hotel, but the CM wouldn't let us that day, although they have on other days when we've done round trips........:confused: But whatever, we got there and that's what counts.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to even give details or ideas about how the stop would work, etc. I just think it would be a great idea and excellent for hopping with the kids.

Uncle Dick
06-17-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by snappy

I vote no. It would increase the already ridiculous waits for the monorail at the beginning and end of each day.

(3) Or is this totally impossible to do?
I don't think it's impossible, but it is highly improbable. The Disneyland monorail was never designed as a method of mass transportation like the systems in Florida or Japan.

(4) Where would you construct the station?
Hollywood Pictures Backlot, between Hollywood and Dine and Superstar Limo.

MonorailMan
06-18-2002, 06:40 AM
I don't know if a DCA station would be a good thing. Think of this:

1. We have guests confused with the 2 park thing, with a Monorail Stop, then you'll hear hear more (My DL ticket isn't good at DCA?)

2. It would throw the current Monorail pattern all off, and since the SSL area isn't as far from DTD station, we see longer wait times, and maybe less possible trains to run.

I say wait to 2006, when maybe we'll get thoes Mark VIs. :)

RStar
06-18-2002, 07:43 AM
Perhaps they should wait untill they get the third gate and make the change to an accually real working mass transit system and have it go to the new gate (and maybe even the Convention Center and Paradise Pier hotel, of course you would have to show park tickets to board at these stops, and this would complete the circle). This would add track and trains, which would make it run smoother (much higher capassity). With the multiple gates, perhaps people would understand the multi- park, multi- ticket thing better. And each station would be run the way it is at DTD (formerly DL Hotel) stop.

If they did make a stop at DCA Hollywood and Dine area, could they make a passage to the common area so DL ticketed guests could walk back to DL when they find out that their ticket is not good at DCA? This could solve that problem anyway.

Ace
06-18-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by snappy

ya know, if Disney hired 100 of us to be the official "Disneyland Voting Squad," and we could vote on new attractions and raise votes about things (for example: painting things that need to be painted, rehabbing things that need to be rehabbed, etc) the park would be in a shape much better than that it is in now. And we'd get free tickets, since the voting would be oh so hard.

cstephens
06-18-2002, 12:55 PM
But there's a serious problem with having a DCA stop. They'd have to check admission media at the stop before they could figure out who is allowed to disembark and who is not. With the DTD and DL stops, the only place where the checking occurs is at the DTD gate, before people are let in. You could potentially have a lot of people trying to get off at the DCA stop who aren't entitled to because they don't have park hoppers.