PDA

View Full Version : Question about Early Entry and Grand Californian Hotel

Gilesmt
05-19-2007, 07:28 PM
I am new and we sometimes miss a few things when we did things without this boards help. I have been reading that if you stay in a disney hotel that you get early entry. I stopped staying in the hotels when I was told a few years ago that they did not give you early entry. We already have our hotel booked for next month but in a few months when we go again could anyone tell me how this works? Also we will probably be booking with Get Away Today, do we show that reciept or do we need a hotel receipt. Last time we went to GC we did not get a reciept or anything since we went thru GAT and all we did was hand them a voucher and at the end of the visit we got a paper of any charges that went to our room. But that was a few years ago. Does anyone know about this that can give us some answers for our visit in the fall?

Malcon10t
05-19-2007, 07:48 PM
I am new and we sometimes miss a few things when we did things without this boards help. I have been reading that if you stay in a disney hotel that you get early entry. I stopped staying in the hotels when I was told a few years ago that they did not give you early entry. We already have our hotel booked for next month but in a few months when we go again could anyone tell me how this works? Also we will probably be booking with Get Away Today, do we show that reciept or do we need a hotel receipt. Last time we went to GC we did not get a reciept or anything since we went thru GAT and all we did was hand them a voucher and at the end of the visit we got a paper of any charges that went to our room. But that was a few years ago. Does anyone know about this that can give us some answers for our visit in the fall?You get early entry by using your room charge slip. You will need to leave a credit card for this. Then you show them the charge slip on EE days.

julbright
05-19-2007, 08:22 PM
not sure if there are extra EE days if you stay in Disney hotels, but we get one EE entry just for buying the 3 day hopper (we bought it at DisneyStore - we are staying offsite).

josephfive
05-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Like Malcom10t said, you get a special charge slip that you show and also I was asked to show my room keys.

We stayed at the GCH in January and we loved our EE day! We took the Monorail into the park and it was great fun!

emmah
05-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know about this that can give us some answers for our visit in the fall?

when staying at the 3 DLR hotels you get access to all EE days operating during your stay. Thus if you are staying for a week, you would get 4 early entry days. this is independent of the EE day granted with purchase of a parkhopper - so if you have an annual pass you can use the EE days and if you have a parkhopper, you can still use all the EE days. When you check into the hotel they give you a white slip of paper that you use at shops in the parks when charging things to your hotel room bill, and you just show that slip (it is date stamped with the date you are leaving) at the gate and they let you in. you are allowed to bring in a number of people to EE with you (I think it is 4) - they all have to have their own park tickets of course. you can use the EE on the day you are checking out of the hotel too, if one is offered on that day. hope that makes sense. also, its not 'official' which means that the rules could be changed at any time - but its been happening for a couple of years now and seems to be working well...