PDA

View Full Version : We went backstage today! (May 19)

Tinkermommy
05-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Went to Disneyland for a few hours just to see how the premiere preparations went. We left just before 3. Main Street was so impassable that they sent us backstage; to the right as you leave Disneyland. We were a little nervous about it because we had the kids with us, and worried that they might see something that would change the "magic." Didn't happen, though, and they were as excited as we were to see the back of Walt's apartment! Very kewl.

We got Pirates buttons again, but they were rectangular this year instead of round. The park maps had a poster inside advertising the May 25 opening of Pirates Lair. The premiere area didn't seem as well-organized as last year. All foot traffic entering Disneyland was sent through the left tunnel, and down the Emporium side of Main Street, making getting into the park this morning a nightmare. There didn't seem to be as much room as last year for the red carpet watchers, and there definitely was not as much traveling space for park visitors in the morning.

When we left, getting past the hub was extraordinarily difficult (harder than on the 50th!). We were all trudging along when we reached a CM who told us the outgoing traffic should be on the left and incoming traffic on the right (opposite of the direction you'd normally walk/drive). This wouldn't have been a big deal, except that all the other CMs had been telling us to do the opposite. It made a huge mess by that CM as everybody tried to switch sides. When we heard her tell us to go to the left, I said, "Oh, we're switching sides?" and she said, "No, you people just need to learn to listen." I'm not sure which was more surprising -- her rudeness, or the fact that she was doing her own thing and messing traffic up so much. Ah, well.

I'm glad we got to see the premiere area and get buttons and posters for the kids, but I sure was glad to get out of there. Can't wait to hear how it went for the die-hard fans on "carpet watch!"

MrTomMorrow
05-19-2007, 09:05 PM
yay for a peek of backstage... sorry to hear about the crowd control mix-up... that must have been frustrating.