PDA

View Full Version : New Skulls in Pirates Ride

cabozone
05-19-2007, 03:37 PM
We just went on PotC ride at DL. We noticed that there are some new skulls in the ride with red bandanas on them, ( like jack sparrows ) we asked a CM how many there were. He said that they were for this evenings world premiere of PotC: AWE. We asked how many skulls were in the ride and we had counted 14. The CM said that he was sworn to secrecy but that we were close. So here is the list of the ones that we found. ( mind you after the premiere they skulls will likely disappear. )

1) First treasure room on top back shelf
2) First treasure room on last shelf on top behind canisters
3) Pirate in bedroom at the end of the bed just under the bedspread
4) Pirate main treasure room on top of short column
5) Pirate main treasure room just behind aztec treasure chest
6) In front of govenor being dunked in basket
7) On top of manequin body near first jack sparrow
8) In basket near redhead for sale
9) In hay at the donkey
10) With the kitty kitty Kitty pirate
11) At barrel spilling rum
12) at burning city, to the left side just before going under the bridge
13) in the pirate shootout room just before going back up. on the left side between barrells
14) in the jack sparrow treasure room on the floor.

if anyone saw any of the others add to the list. We asked at City Hall and they knew nothing about it.

Tinkermommy
05-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Doggone it!! We were there today. When we stopped by Pirates, it was closed for a while, but my pal asked a PIRATES cast member if anything had been changed for the ride and she said no, nothing had been added.

That's diabolical!:p

mmurray54
05-19-2007, 04:33 PM
I noticed them also this morning. I tried to get pictures, but none of them turned out. If any one knows what they are going to do with them, please share.

cabozone
05-19-2007, 06:12 PM
the skulls are for a scavenger hunt set for the premiere attendees

chrisaustx
05-19-2007, 09:38 PM
When I was on the ride at 2:45 pm just before it closed, they were installing a hot air balloon next to the ship battle scene, it also has something to do with the new movie.

Mistyj
05-20-2007, 11:03 AM
The skulls are for your Nintendo "Pirates" game. You're supposed to bring your game on the ride with you and the skulls trigger some reaction.

The "balloon" looked like a huge moon to me, but I believe it was used to light Geoffrey Rush as he rode through Pirates and saw the Barbossa AA for the first time. They were taking it down right after his ride-through as my DH and I were riding through...