PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian "My First..." [Spa Experiences]

jlagana
05-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Now that I am officially booked...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Has anyone done the My first pedicure for their daughter at the Grand Floridian? I was wondering how it all goes.

Thanks!

crrees
05-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Id imagine its pretty expensive for what I think a pedicure cost. Around here (ft. myers, FL) expect $25 for a spa pedicure. I would imagine its probably $35 for a spa pedicure at the GF. Hey if you want to pamper your young one go for it! Im sure it is a great experience

Chicago Wookiee
05-18-2007, 03:52 PM
The GF offers a number of "My First...." options.

Some friends took their daughter there in 2005 and said it was great. An adult must stay and at that time it was only $24. May have gone up a bit in the last two years.

Have fun!!!

TinaMouse
05-18-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't think $35 is bad for a spa pedicure. My local, tiny, store-front nail salon charges $35 for a spa pedi. We went "up north" to a cabin and they had a spa there. The STARTING price was $50. Not worth THAT one.

I'm going to GF spa for the first time in October. Have a nice little massage goin'. Don't know about the My First SPECIFICALLY, but I think it sounds delightful!

jlagana
05-19-2007, 05:39 AM
We are going in October as well. I am trying to figure out how to get a pedicure for me as well as her since the timing is different. Not sure we would be together, or could we????

TinaMouse
05-19-2007, 09:42 PM
They have couple's massages, so why not double pedis? Call the gf and ask. I found the CMs there to be very nice when I called.

stan4d_steph
05-20-2007, 08:31 AM
I was not impressed with the service I received at the Grand Floridian spa. Personally, I would not go back there.

TinaMouse
05-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Really? Tell me why! I don't want to dump $150 that I could spend elsewhere if it isn't good-

stan4d_steph
05-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Really? Tell me why! I don't want to dump $150 that I could spend elsewhere if it isn't good-I was given a treatment as a gift, the tired leg treatment, for after the marathon. I was really looking forward to it. There is a nice lounge to wait for your appointment.

When it came time for my appointment however, I was not as impressed. The woman who did my treatment never spoke one word to me the whole time. She seemed to be in a bad mood.

Then when I checked out the woman at the cash register seemed put out that I was using a gift certificate to pay.

My overall feeling was that I did not feel welcomed by the staff, so I would probably go try one of the other spas before I went back there. I might try the massage at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

TinaMouse
05-20-2007, 08:16 PM
OK--thanks. I actually don't like to chit-chat when I'm getting a massage, but a bad attitude would put me out for sure. I'll have to think about it more...

stan4d_steph
05-21-2007, 12:01 PM
OK--thanks. I actually don't like to chit-chat when I'm getting a massage, but a bad attitude would put me out for sure. I'll have to think about it more...Me either usually. However, this particular treatment was done in the room where pedicures are done, with the throne chairs. The other aestheticians were talking a bit with their clients. Mine just seemed in a sour mood. I ended up talking a bit with the other people.

Tink77
05-21-2007, 01:42 PM
OK - this topic has got me thinkin' . . .
DH (2B) works VERY hard and, as a surprise, scheduled a massage for him at GF. Wondering if I should change it now. We'll be staying at the WL and understand they have a spa there. Has anyone been to that one? Is it any better? Worse? (Certainly hope not) Guess I was thinking that the GF had a great reputation for that sort of thing. PLEASE HELP!! Want to give DH a pleasurable experience, especially considering it will be his first massage!

Any suggestions?

GB

Chicago Wookiee
05-21-2007, 02:03 PM
As a man if someone were to get me such a nice gift I would want it to be as minor a hassle as possible. As the real environment and friendliness would not be as high on the list of things to consider then I would say to do it at the lodge where you are staying.

In looking at a few places online the spa at WL looks far less fancy with almost no "foof" and I would rather go there for a massage than GF where there will be more people and a bigger deal will be made about it.

That is all just my opinion and only you know your man best.

Tink77
05-21-2007, 02:36 PM
You've given me insight not before thought of. TY very much!!!!
My guy is not a "foo-foo" guy - and it never ocurrred to me to think of it in that aspect. I was going on what I thought to be "the best of the best" (Believe my girly ways might have gotten the better of me, not giving thought to HIS preference) THINK I'M WAY TOO EXCITED!!!! OUR DISNEY VACA - OUR HONEYMOON!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!
Either way I think you're correct and appreciate your comments tremendously! GOOD CALL CW! GOOD CALL!

In looking at a few places online the spa at WL looks far less fancy with almost no "foof" and I would rather go there for a massage than GF where there will be more people and a bigger deal will be made about it.

Chicago Wookiee
05-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Also, there is NO SUCH THING as being "too excited" for a Disney vacation! Have a great trip and congratulations on the wedding.

We want pictures of the happy couple at Disney when you return!

SJF510
05-21-2007, 04:37 PM
I went to the spa at the Saratoga Springs when it was still the Disney Institure in 2001. I've been to the spa at the GF in 2005. I was going with my Mom and sister and much preferred the common areas and overall experience at the Saratoga Springs spa. The GF spa was just about the treatments, but the SS was about the spa experience. (Although we did see Regis and Kelly, while at the GF for the spa. They were there for the Xmas parade.)

jcruise86
05-21-2007, 04:53 PM
OK - this topic has got me thinkin' . . .
DH (2B) works VERY hard and, as a surprise, scheduled a massage for him at GF. Wondering if I should change it now. . . PLEASE HELP!! Want to give DH a pleasurable experience, especially considering it will be his first massage!

Any suggestions?

GB
If it's his first massage, it's possible he never got one because--like many guys, myself included--it's just not his thing. :| My wife got me one and I thought it was kind of painful. :eek:

Gift ideas: I would really love to rent one of those tiny speedboats and zoom around the lake. :fez: And the Cirque show in Downtown Disney is something I'm sure you would both really enjoy. :) :p :)

Of course, I could be wrong and the massage might be wonderful, but I've heard that the GF spa is overpriced. :(