PDA

View Full Version : Basics on Disneyland for Oct 26-30

ubaisore
05-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Hello all...

This is my first post here and have read for years but never registered. My wife and two daughters give me great reasons to go the Disneyland as often as I can. this year, instead of Sept, we are going at the end of October.

Just wondering what is usually down (i.e. is the Haunted Mansion already closed for Christmas stuff) and if the Mickey's Halloween Treat is worth going to? I doubt we would be able to take costumes as a 5 day/4 night trip with 3 girls already has enough luggage for the airline to take LOL.

Thanks in advance and happy to be a part of such a great board.

bloodnswash
05-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Hello all...

This is my first post here and have read for years but never registered. My wife and two daughters give me great reasons to go the Disneyland as often as I can. this year, instead of Sept, we are going at the end of October.

Just wondering what is usually down (i.e. is the Haunted Mansion already closed for Christmas stuff) and if the Mickey's Halloween Treat is worth going to? I doubt we would be able to take costumes as a 5 day/4 night trip with 3 girls already has enough luggage for the airline to take LOL.

Thanks in advance and happy to be a part of such a great board.

The Haunted Mansion is in full swing with Holiday Haunted Mansion. Or is it Haunted Mansion Holiday?? Anyways, you get the idea :)

Mickey's Halloween Treat was fun. I did it last year with my husband. I think you all would enjoy it :)

ubaisore
05-17-2007, 02:59 PM
What do you do at this event? It would cost like $160 for 4 hours at the park and just was wondering what sets it apart?

River Belle
05-17-2007, 04:27 PM
What do you do at this event? It would cost like $160 for 4 hours at the park and just was wondering what sets it apart?

You may want to search this site for a more in-depth answer to your question, but, in a nutshell, it's a Halloween Party at DCA with trick-or-treat stations set up throughout the park, crafts for kids, dance parties and special shows for the little ones, great Halloween-themed music playing around the park and lots of opportunities to interact with Disney characters, many of whom appear in costumes themselves!

We went for the first time last year with our best friends and their little one (Hi, B!) and we all had a really great time. This will probably depend on their ages, but your girls will likely want to be in costume, as nearly every other child (and many of the adults) will be!

The crowds were very managable when we were there and the wait time for rides seemed reasonable. In addition to all the candy they hand out, there are also special treats for purchase. It's a fun evening--can't imagine you wouldn't have a good time.

You'll love spending time at DL, too--lots of Halloween decorations all over the park (the center hub is filled with fantastic Disney Jack-O-Lanterns), and last year I seem to remember the petting zoo area having a special Halloween theme.

And don't forget the Pumpkin Fudge. It's INCREDIBLE!:p

shna
05-17-2007, 05:51 PM
We took my daughter (then 2 1/2 years old) to Disneyland for the first time during last year's Halloween festivities (10/29 & 10/30 last year). Haunted Mansion was in full swing with the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. Small World, however, was closed as they were setting up its Christmas overlay.

We didn't do the Halloween Treat last year (weren't sure how DD was going to do with the parks quite yet...), but we're doing it this year. She doesn't like candy, so I guess I'll be bringing a bunch to work or including it in our Trick or Treat candy on Halloween.

Maybe you could do some simple costumes with decorated t-shirts & maybe face paint or headband ears or something else which would be easy to pack?

Have fun making your plans -- and have a great Halloween-time vacation! My favorite time of year. :)

River Belle
05-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Shna,

My little one LOVES candy, but we don't like for her to have too much--

Last year at the trick or treat stations, they also had healthy alternatives for the little ones, like little packs of sliced apples.

cillydznygirl
05-18-2007, 09:03 AM
How are the crowds during the day? Do most people just show up later for the event?

ubaisore
05-18-2007, 05:15 PM
I know that time of year is "off season" so there generally arent very large crowds...... i just booked the flights to go with the trip and now it is 5 months of me agonizing over every moment there.... what to do..what extras to add to the trip....etc etc etc... i just cant wait.... i mean for my kids to have fun of course :)

Gilesmt
05-19-2007, 07:45 AM
Here is a little tip for costumes, used two different ways.

Since everyone can carry on the plan a small tote, I assume that at least one of your girls carries on some book and crayons.

What we have done with my granddaughter who is two is have a back pack, we have the one on rollers so she really likes it since she thinks she is carrying her own bag.

In the back pack we back the costumes, we are going in 2 1/2 weeks, she has four costumes (Tink, Bell, Cinderella and Minnie), they all fit with her little shoes and a little room left over.

Now when we go in the winter, we kill two birds with one stone. Same thing the back pack but this time we put her tigger costume in it and a few other things. Tigger is a full body fur coat and takes up space so what we do is forgo a coat and have her wear the costume every night as her coat. Since kids can dress up any time, not just halloween. (we live were it is never real cold so we get her to the airport and then put the coat in the car and it works out great.

Hope that gives you an idea of how to get the costumes there.