PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Question and Disneyland yesterday

BlewByYou
05-17-2007, 07:35 AM
My friend and I were at the parks yesterday. It was the first time we've been on Haunted Mansion without it being set up for Christmas. We both noticed the portraits with the disappearing mens heads and neither one of us ever remembers seeing them before. Are they new or are we just crazy? When were those put in?

We also noticed the rats that you drive right into on Indy. New??

We both thought the Matterhorn and Space Mountain were slower than normal, too.

Nemo was open and people were riding it. Anybody know who the lucky people are? My guess are the imagineers and their families or reporters or bigwigs at Disney.

We saw the setup for the big premiere. That was pretty cool.

bloodnswash
05-17-2007, 07:42 AM
The attic seen in the Haunted Mansion was redone last year.

On Indy, the rats have been there but now they have better equipment to make the effect look so much better (is it possibly the same toy they use for Davy Jones in POTC attraction?).

I don't know if it's true or not, but on the Matterhorn, if you go on the right side it seems so much slower (to me and my family, anyways) then the left.

As for Space, I've never noticed a difference in speed.

Bytebear
05-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Space seemed much slower with the Rockin' overlay. It seems fast again now.

motomickey
05-17-2007, 11:10 AM
but did not see anyone entering the ride--maybe suits from TDA?:confused:

bloodnswash
05-17-2007, 11:30 AM

Really? Very interesting. :)

Phantom2006
05-17-2007, 12:32 PM

Back in 2001 I went to Walt Disney World for a school trip. We were able to enter the park a few hours before it opened. We rode space mountain with the lights on and it seemed really slow. We then rode it with the lights off, and it seemed so much faster. So I guess seeing the track and knowing which way you are going to go makes the ride fell slower.

bloodnswash
05-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Back in 2001 I went to Walt Disney World for a school trip. We were able to enter the park a few hours before it opened. We rode space mountain with the lights on and it seemed really slow. We then rode it with the lights off, and it seemed so much faster. So I guess seeing the track and knowing which way you are going to go makes the ride fell slower.

Just before Space reopened after being closed for so long I got the opportunity to ride it. It broke. They turned the lights on and had to hand push us in. Now that was slow ;)