PDA

View Full Version : Nickel-free earrings at Disneyland?

tink's mom
05-17-2007, 06:10 AM
Hi everyone,
My DD wants to get some earrings at DL as a souvenir, when we go on our trip next month. Things is she can only wear nickel-free earrings, everything else irritates her ears. So, do they sell nickel-free earrings anywhere at DL? Thanks, guys!

misdisney
05-17-2007, 06:13 AM
I'm not sure, but were leaving in a couple hours for Disneyland I'll try and remember to look. We don't come home till Tues.

tink's mom
05-17-2007, 06:26 AM
I'm not sure, but were leaving in a couple hours for Disneyland I'll try and remember to look. We don't come home till Tues.

Thanks!:)

dawnid
05-17-2007, 10:08 AM
I have the same problem. Try the jewelry store on Main St. (sorry forgot proper name) or in one of the hotel's jewelry cases.

I have a few pair of fun earrings that have nickel and what I do is dip the post in Neosporin before I put them in and I'm good for the day. Just make sure she doesn't sleep in them. This is with me thinking that it isn't a violent reaction that she has to nickel just the crusty ear kind (ewww) sorry.

SarahJanet
05-17-2007, 10:36 AM
I have the same problem and so does my sister, and I bought both of us earrings. There are some that are specifically labelled "Nickel-free."

Weirdly, I found identical earrings in different stores where only one pair was labelled as such, so don't give up if you don't have any luck in the first place! I ended up getting ours in the Greetings from California store, but there were several places where some of the earrings were specifically nickel-free. I think I looked at nearly every pair of earrings in the entire resort!

Drince88
05-17-2007, 11:47 AM
I may be recalling this incorrectly - but I thought I'd read of people with this sort of an issue painting the earrings with clear nail polish to protect their ears from the direct nickel content.

disneyfan4ever54
05-18-2007, 02:47 PM
We just returned from DL yesterday and I bought some earrings at World of Disney. I can't even wear nickel-free and have to wear sterling silver or 14k gold. I buy dangle-type earrings and then take them off the wires and put them on gold or silver wires. This is easier for me than always looking for silver or gold wires and I have more choices in what I can buy. I bought two pairs of really cute Mickey head earrings.........one pair are rhinestones and the other ones are gold/silver colored. So if you can't find what you want in the nickel-free ones, you might want to try this.:)

tink's mom
05-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I've tried 14k gold, surgical steel and everything else with her ears, but nickel free are the only ones that have don't turn her ears to hamburger:| . I mean, it's really nasty.

SeansMom
05-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Have you tried Whispers? They have a catalog both on and offline. Not Disney, but good stuff for sensitive ears.