PDA

View Full Version : How crowded will it be on June 22nd to June 26th

Tikidude Jose
06-17-2002, 03:29 PM
Howdy all, I was just wondering what to expect a far as crowds go for next weekend, early next week? I was planning on hitting DCA on the 23rd since it will be less crowded than DL, and then heading over to see Fantasmic for the first time that night? Any suggestions?

:confused:

Disneyfreak
06-17-2002, 04:33 PM
im also going on the 22nd and i think it will be a 50/50 chance that it might be crowded. It has been extremely hot lately and that might discourage people to go, but sometimes the heat helps the crowd. See you there.

stan4d_steph
06-17-2002, 04:55 PM
Actually, I think it has been commented on these boards that Sunday is one of the most crowded days at DCA. Are you planning to go to the 9 or 10:30 show for Fantasmic? People get there quite early to get spots close to the water and guest control start putting up the ropes a few hours before the 9 o'clock show. I would suggest checking out this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=6932) to see where people like to sit. I think there also used to be some info on Mouseplanet about prime viewing for fireworks etc.

It will be crowded. Summer has started, at least at Disneyland and there are crowds to show for it. That week Tuesday and Wednesday might not be too bad, as some people might not be starting big Summer vacations until after July 4. Either way, have fun and stay cool.

RideMax Mark
06-17-2002, 05:31 PM
I agree. Summer is here.

Expect crowds!

Ace
06-17-2002, 05:35 PM
ehh, crowds part when the see Squinky's up in there!

(I'm going the 24th.)

Tikidude Jose
06-17-2002, 06:15 PM
Okay, never having been there in the summer, can anybody give me some typical wait times?
Not for the coasters...
But for the dark rides
and stuff like
Tiki Room
Jungle Cruise
Indy
Pirates
Mansion
All of Fantasyland
Roger Rabbit
and Star Tours
That's pretty much all we go on when we go there and we do it over and over and over..and the 1030 is the less crowded Fantasmic, correct??
Thanks guys

Ace
06-17-2002, 06:31 PM
yes, my chance to answer something!

I'll assume you're talking about the middle of the day, at peak crowdedness, since nothing's crowded RIGHT when the park opens and RIGHT before it closes. Now then:

Tiki Room: I've never seen this long at all... the only time you'd have to wait longer than one show is if you get there right at the end/very beginning.
Jungle Cruise: 30 minutes/most?
Indy: do this first, then get a fastpass so you can do it again, unless you like standing for 2 hours or so.
Pirates it generally says 30-45, but when it does it's usually about 15-20.
Mansion: 30-45.
All of Fantasyland: Long, do this early or late since there rides are low-cap and kids want to ride them.
Roger Rabbit: 30, but the line is boring now since you have to wait outside the queue.
and Star Tours: this can be long. Be prepared.