PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Renewals

Boo's Mommy
05-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Hello Everyone,
I was just reading the AP newsletter and saw that you can get a $10 gift card for renewing early (this is for so cal select). The offer expires as of September 30, 2007.
So here's my question...If my AP doesn't expire until October 22 and I renew on September 30th, does the 12 months start from the renewal date or October 22nd?

Malcon10t
05-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Hello Everyone,
I was just reading the AP newsletter and saw that you can get a $10 gift card for renewing early (this is for so cal select). The offer expires as of September 30, 2007.
So here's my question...If my AP doesn't expire until October 22 and I renew on September 30th, does the 12 months start from the renewal date or October 22nd?
Renewing will keep the expiraation date, so it would be Oct 22.

gtpinoy
05-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just renewed my pass and it kept the same expire date. However, when I went to Disneyland it would not read the annual pass I had. I called the number on the back of the card and they told me that because I renewed online that the computer thinks that I have a new bar code (the bar code changes everytime you renew) and I already have the card. You just have to let the person at the turnstile know that you renewed your card and had not received it yet.

alexandrasmom
05-23-2007, 01:13 PM
I just renewed my pass and it kept the same expire date. However, when I went to Disneyland it would not read the annual pass I had. I called the number on the back of the card and they told me that because I renewed online that the computer thinks that I have a new bar code (the bar code changes everytime you renew) and I already have the card. You just have to let the person at the turnstile know that you renewed your card and had not received it yet.

Good to know! Thanks for the info. :)

Boo's Mommy
05-23-2007, 01:47 PM
gtpinoy - you were using the old non-expired card still? I wonder when they send the new one if you are renewing early.

where r u in rancho? i used to live there, still have family there!

gtpinoy
05-23-2007, 07:43 PM
gtpinoy - you were using the old non-expired card still? I wonder when they send the new one if you are renewing early.

where r u in rancho? i used to live there, still have family there!

Yes...I was still using the old non-expired card. I actually just got the new ones in yesterday. So...here's the time frame pretty much...I renewed the passes on Friday, went to Disneyland on Saturday (with the old passes and was allowed entry after explaining that I renewed online), and received the new passes on Tuesday. Benefit: no waiting in the ticket line...$20.00 off regular price for renewing early...and 20% discount voucher.

I live right above Foothill Blvd, east of Haven.

Boo's Mommy
05-23-2007, 08:12 PM
ok, so the new card was same picture and everything, just the date changed by the year, but otherwise same day and month?

Cool, you're near the target/ross/best buy! We were up in Milliken/Victoria Garden. My brother's family actually is still there off Day Creek.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Interesting. I didn't realize they send you a new card, when you renew by mail. I want to keep the design I have when I renew this fall. How will that work? I have a Deluxe AP, if that matters.

gtpinoy
05-24-2007, 07:41 AM
ok, so the new card was same picture and everything, just the date changed by the year, but otherwise same day and month?

Cool, you're near the target/ross/best buy! We were up in Milliken/Victoria Garden. My brother's family actually is still there off Day Creek.

The card has everything the same, except 1) the year changed, same day and month 2) The design on the front of the card is different. I had the 50th Anniversary Annual Pass and now have one with Goofy and Mickey dressed in the their 'Dreams Come True' costumes.

Yup, I'm right by the Target/Ross/Best Buy/Barnes & Noble complex. That place has become such a great shopping center and with the addition of Victoria Gardens...life is grand =)

Interesting. I didn't realize they send you a new card, when you renew by mail. I want to keep the design I have when I renew this fall. How will that work? I have a Deluxe AP, if that matters.

Unfortunately, a new card does come in the mail. Unless they have the same design, I don't think you can keep the same design you currently have. There are two designs that I've seen offered. One is a landscape orientation that I believe is blue and has the castle and the second one is as I describe above and is in a Portrait orientation. The latter of the two is a 'special' design offered to those that renew online or by mail. I don't think it matters which AP you have.

charpaul
05-24-2007, 08:51 AM
I just renewed yesterday on-line. They guarantee delivery with-in 10 days by regular mail... sooner if you choose to pay for express delivery.

For the past several years renewals (on-line OR my mail) have had a choice of two designs. The "regular pass" design that is offered at the park OR a "new design" that seems to change every year to reflect the current theme for the year. (This year it is still "Year of a Million Dreams")

I have also had the "expired pass" at the gate happen to me when I have done early renewal. Just tell the CM there that you have just renewed - they will look at the actual date on your pass and you will still be able to get in with no problem until you receive your new pass.

gtpinoy
05-24-2007, 09:01 AM
I just renewed yesterday on-line. They guarantee delivery with-in 10 days by regular mail... sooner if you choose to pay for express delivery.

For the past several years renewals (on-line OR my mail) have had a choice of two designs. The "regular pass" design that is offered at the park OR a "new design" that seems to change every year to reflect the current theme for the year. (This year it is still "Year of a Million Dreams")

I have also had the "expired pass" at the gate happen to me when I have done early renewal. Just tell the CM there that you have just renewed - they will look at the actual date on your pass and you will still be able to get in with no problem until you receive your new pass.

I did the regular mail (because it was free) and got my passes in 2 days. Ordered on Friday, received on Tuesday.

CharmingsWoman
05-24-2007, 11:02 AM
We're going to be getting APs this year for the first time. If we renew, will we get to keep the old ones still?

Sorry for such a silly question, but like I said, we'll be newbies at it.

gtpinoy
05-24-2007, 01:09 PM
We're going to be getting APs this year for the first time. If we renew, will we get to keep the old ones still?

Sorry for such a silly question, but like I said, we'll be newbies at it.

I'm not totally sure what you're asking, but say if you get your APs today. That means your renewal/expire date would be 05/24/08. When you renew, no matter how you do it (mail/internet/in person) you will be getting a new card.

I hope that's what you're asking.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-24-2007, 01:15 PM
The card has everything the same, except 1) the year changed, same day and month 2) The design on the front of the card is different. I had the 50th Anniversary Annual Pass and now have one with Goofy and Mickey dressed in the their 'Dreams Come True' costumes.

Yup, I'm right by the Target/Ross/Best Buy/Barnes & Noble complex. That place has become such a great shopping center and with the addition of Victoria Gardens...life is grand =)

Unfortunately, a new card does come in the mail. Unless they have the same design, I don't think you can keep the same design you currently have. There are two designs that I've seen offered. One is a landscape orientation that I believe is blue and has the castle and the second one is as I describe above and is in a Portrait orientation. The latter of the two is a 'special' design offered to those that renew online or by mail. I don't think it matters which AP you have.

What a bummer. I love my Mickey one, it was the special one offered only if you renew online, with the metallic blue background. I was hoping I could keep it, bummer.

CharmingsWoman
05-25-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm not totally sure what you're asking, but say if you get your APs today. That means your renewal/expire date would be 05/24/08. When you renew, no matter how you do it (mail/internet/in person) you will be getting a new card.

I hope that's what you're asking.

Kinda, but I guess that the real question is do we have to turn in the old card in order to use the new one? I'm a scrapbooker, and I would really like to keep our first AP's as souveniers.

Malcon10t
05-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Kinda, but I guess that the real question is do we have to turn in the old card in order to use the new one? I'm a scrapbooker, and I would really like to keep our first AP's as souveniers.OK, that is an easy one. No, you get to keep the old one. I have a stack of old ones, and every now and then you see people here comparing their old cards (my favorite was the one with Mickey looking in the mirror and painting Walt.)