PDA

View Full Version : High School Musical [Disneyland]

kiki
05-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Has anyone seen the High School Musical parade at DCA? Im going on vacation with kids from age 15-2, is it even worth taking time to see or skip it and do more rides?

Gilesmt
05-16-2007, 05:53 AM
I have a 16, 18 and 2 year old and we saw it in Jan. My grandbaby loved it at 2, my 16 year old thought it was lam, and my 18 year old was to tired to care. I did not care at all, but would have rathered a show that I could have sat down at since my legs were tired and needed a rest. I think all of Disney shows are worth watching at least once but this one I would not go again to since I could not sit down.

ariel39
05-16-2007, 06:31 AM
My 11 year old is a huge HS Musical fan and thought it was lame. She was judging every move they made. It is only a few minutes long, so Iwould see if I was you.

bloodnswash
05-16-2007, 07:29 AM
We have watched it several times for only about a minute each time. It's me, hubby, and 17 year old son. From what we have seen, we didn't think it was that bad. It is VERY loud, though. Seemed louder then other Disney shows or parades.

vickieluvsmickey
05-16-2007, 07:59 AM
We finally saw it on our last visit to DCA. DD 9, thought it was just okay, but then we had just seen the HSM concert at the Honda Ctr. the week before. So, needless to say, this paled in comparison. I thought it was pretty cute, though.

One bit of advice....try and watch it at the stop over by the water overlooking Screamin'. The parade had just started when we entered the park and the first stop near the main entrance was insanely crowded! I asked a CM where the next stop was and he told us exactly where to sit for the next stop. The crowd was much smaller over there. In fact, when we got there, no one else was waiting, so I asked a CM that was over in that area exactly where we should sit. She pointed to a spot on the ground where we would be directly front and center. There are benches along that walkway, so we just sat and waited. When we saw more CMs showing up in the area (indicating the parade would soon be on it's way over) we went and sat on our "spot".

If I remember correctly, the parade arrives at the second stop about 30 min. or so after the start time. I'd just check with a CM to be sure about the timing and more detailed directions for the second location.

If you happen to be in the park around the show time, I'd check it out. It's not a very long show, so it won't take up that much of your time.

~Vickie

nvmom
05-16-2007, 06:32 PM
My kids ages 12, 9 & 4 loved it!! They are huge HSM fans and it was a high light of the trip. Both girls got pulled out of the crowd to dance with the cheerleaders. Very fun!

I would take the advice of the above poster and watch it at the second stop.

nvmom