PDA

View Full Version : Do they block the sale of blockout tickets?

mi_mous
05-15-2007, 08:18 PM
I was wondering if DL ever blocked the purchase of blockout tickets.

Not after the park has hit capacity, but before, and knowing it will be a busy day.

I remember talking to one girl I met while waiting for the fireworks, and she told me that they almost didn't sell her a blockout ticket, telling her that the "event" (July 17th, 2005) was not an AP event, and they wanted more non APers to get tickets first. Perhaps it was just the CM she was talking to, I don't know.

Anyways, does anyone know when they would block the sale of blockout tickets? Or have they (before the park reaches capacity) on a busy day?

Darkbeer
05-15-2007, 08:49 PM
I was wondering if DL ever blocked the purchase of blockout tickets.

Not after the park has hit capacity, but before, and knowing it will be a busy day.

I remember talking to one girl I met while waiting for the fireworks, and she told me that they almost didn't sell her a blockout ticket, telling her that the "event" (July 17th, 2005) was not an AP event, and they wanted more non APers to get tickets first. Perhaps it was just the CM she was talking to, I don't know.

Anyways, does anyone know when they would block the sale of blockout tickets? Or have they (before the park reaches capacity) on a busy day?

Disneyland deals with large crowds and expected capacity crowds in stages.

After the warning signs are placed up, when they feel they need to slow down folks coming in, the first stage is to stop selling one day tickets, and that includes Blockout tickets. That is the same time for both, other types of tickets, including multi-day tickets and AP's are still on sale for the first stage at the ticket booths. So someone could be refused a Blockout Pass, but still be allowed to upgrade to a Premium.

But it sounds like the CM misspoke, or your friend misunderstood the answer.

mi_mous
05-15-2007, 08:51 PM
So, if you get it first thing in the morning, you should be fine then, I am assumming.

Right?

Thanks Darkbeer!