PDA

View Full Version : Question re: stuffed animal arranging at GCH

jiminycricket28
05-15-2007, 07:52 PM
The last few times we went to WDW and stayed at the WL, every night when we got back from the park, our Disney stuffed animals were all arranged in little scenes. This was one of the highlights of my kids' Disney experience. Does this still happen? I must add, b/c I am just too excited, we will be arriving at DL in about 72 hours!!!

Just a quick aside that only other Disney fanatics would appreciate - I have this recurring nightmare where I am at Disney but for some reason I can't get in or I can't go on the rides. It is a terrible dream! To this my cheeky sister says, "You do realize that that is a typical dream for an 8 year old." I can't be the only one who has this dream . . .

ochibiyo
05-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi There! Yup they do. We went to GCH last Christmas and my niece who is 2 went wild everytime we came back. She was more excited to come to the hotel everyday then riding the rides. It was cute! We just made sure that the stuff animals were in sight, like the table or nightstand. One night, our turn down person actually made Pooh and friends having a picnic! Have fun!

avalosn
05-15-2007, 08:44 PM
What??? I didn't know they do that and we have stayed at the hotels a ton of times.....but then again, I am 27 and don't really purchase many stuffed animals...but I think for Memorial Day weekend, I just may have to buy some, just so I can experience this. That is really cute!

backsthepack
05-16-2007, 05:07 AM
They have never done it for us at the Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel. The only thing they did once was put Pluto on the pillow for my son. It was kind of a bummer!

jiminycricket28
05-16-2007, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the replies. I will just keep my fingers crossed. What I did last time was put the animals in a pile and next to it a little envelope with the daily tip (instead of leaving it all at the end). May not have anything to do with it, but I think arranging the animals is above and beyond the call of duty so I am happy to reward that. The arrangements we have seen were unbelievable! All lined up in a canoe made of a towel, one animal reading a story to the rest of them with the radio on right next to them, etc etc. It really added to the magic of the trip.

june1st1997
05-16-2007, 11:54 AM
That sounds lovely

Rteneyck
05-16-2007, 12:08 PM
we stayed there in March and they did it with my kids animals and toys that we had purchased (they had opened them already) and even took a picture of it so we would have it for later...They left the picture on the nightstand. That was really nice because I never think to take a picture of it. Very cute...

nvmom
05-16-2007, 06:29 PM
This might be the little piece of info that's going to put me over the edge and convince me to figure out some way to stay on property! My kids would love having the stuff animals arranged. :)

nvmom

IdahoMike
05-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Yep, we received the same service in January at the GCH. My middle son had his old worn out Piglet (dirty Piggy as he calls him), cute Pooh, clean Piggy, and my 1 yr old's Sorcerer Mickey all arranged in different ways each day when we returned. It was very cool.

jiminycricket28
05-25-2007, 01:04 PM
I posted the original question and have an update. We are back from a FABULOUS 4 day trip to DL/DCA with the only disappointment being the stuffed animal issue. I tried everything, leaving the tip next to the animals, changing the location of the animals and $, etc but to no avail! It may have been b/c the hotel was 100% full so I imagine housekeeping was super busy. (It was both the POTC premiere and the AUA conference) BUT, I didn't want people to get their hopes up. I suspect it is one of those hit or miss things. Didn't take away from a great trip - am already plotting next year's AUA conference (DH is a urologist) which is in ..... WDW!!!

TrixieBel
05-25-2007, 09:21 PM
We just got back too. We stayed for 4nts at the Paradise Pier. Our stuffed toys did not get up to any mischief on the first 2nts, but on the 3rd nt we got back to our room and they had obviously been having a party! The music was turned on and up loud on our room radio, and the animals were all wearing our lei's (we'd been to Hawaii first) and looked like they'd been partying!

So, I guess it doesn't always happen, but sometimes it does...
Regards Jenn in Sydney, Australia