PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Kitchen vs. Minnie's Breakfast

Tinkermom21
05-15-2007, 09:49 AM
My trip to DLR is sneaking up on me quickly, so I have vowed to make a decision today. We will be celebrating my daughter's 5th b-day, and I'm trying to decide between Goofy's and Minnie's for breakfast. I've heard that they will bring out a little cake and sing, which would be soooo great. I have only been to one character breakfast & it was Goofy's, so I have nothing to compare to. We are staying at DLH, so the location is convenient...but I wanted to get some feedback from all of you Disney experts before I make my big decision ;) Thanks!

oregonn8v
05-15-2007, 10:52 AM
We are leaving for Disneyland on the 25th and will be doing the Minnie & Friends breakfast on the 27th. We did the Goofy & Friends a few years back an really liked it, but we wanted to do something in the park this time.

Unfortunatly, we will not be able to give you any feedback on the Minnie gathering before you need to go. What I would suggest is that you book both now, just to make sure you have a reservation, and then cancel the one you choose not to do. They only bill you after you have dined, and I do not beleive there is a cancellation policy.

Have a great time and a very Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Eric

wabby1
05-15-2007, 11:00 AM
You might also consider breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at the PCH Grill at Paradise Pier Hotel. I thought it was great for our kids....the food was good and the Disney characters are in abundance....

bloodnswash
05-15-2007, 12:48 PM
You might also consider breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at the PCH Grill at Paradise Pier Hotel. I thought it was great for our kids....the food was good and the Disney characters are in abundance....

I really enjoyed this one (son was not with us. And I'm not even a Lilo and Stitch fan). The energy was amazing!!! And yes, lots of characters.....even Minnie. I enjoyed this one better then the Chip and Dale one at the Grand. I highly recommend it :)

shna
05-15-2007, 12:57 PM
We've done both Minnie & Friends and Goofy's Kitchen. I'd suggest going with Minnie since you've already done Goofy's. We had very good character interaction at Minnie -- and I thought the food was super-yummy.

I think we're gonna have to try the Lilo & Stitch breakfast during our Halloween trip -- I hope they celebrate adult birthdays!

kohl
05-15-2007, 01:00 PM
We enjoy Goofy's more than Minnie's. There is also a bigger selection of food at Goofy's.

Malcon10t
05-15-2007, 01:09 PM
We enjoy Goofy's more than Minnie's. There is also a bigger selection of food at Goofy's.
Same here. My kids are teens and prefer the larger brunch type menu. I prefer the dinner at Goofy's and we all agreed the character interaction at dinner was the best, while the kids preferred the brunch food.

babytmakes5
05-15-2007, 01:12 PM
I'd give Minnie's a try if I were you. We've done both, and we preferred the character interaction at Minnie's, as it is a bit more relaxed. I also thought the food was better at Minnie's :) . Also, we liked that as soon as we stepped out the door after breakfast we were "at" Disneyland. Enjoy your celebration!

ILoveDisneyMagic
05-15-2007, 01:54 PM
I put a vote in for Minnie's too. I love being right there in the park. Although we loved Goofy's, it seems like a waste of so much food for the younger ones.

hlbtimes2
05-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Our personal preference is Minnies. We like to do it on an EE day, around 10. We eat a little, light breakfast, then head to the park early. After a couple hours of playing we are ready for a big meal. We like the food there and the interaction is better then we have had at Goofys. We really like not having to take time to leave the park or plan a super early meal to get done before the park opens.

Tinkermom21
05-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Our personal preference is Minnies. We like to do it on an EE day, around 10. We eat a little, light breakfast, then head to the park early. After a couple hours of playing we are ready for a big meal. We like the food there and the interaction is better then we have had at Goofys. We really like not having to take time to leave the park or plan a super early meal to get done before the park opens.

Now THAT sounds like a good plan! None of us are huge on eating a big breakfast immediately after waking up, anyway. Awesome idea, thanks much!

junglemom
05-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Another vote for Minnie's. I have had both twice and really liked being in the park so much better, and the character interaction was far better than at Goofy's.

mariezp
05-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Another vote for Minnie's. We have done both but were rather disappointed in the quality of food at Goofy's last time. The characters also seemed to miss tables from time to time. Minnie's has always had good food and lots of characters. Last year we saw Minnie, Captain Hook, Fairy Godmother, Chip and Dale, Pooh, Eeyore, Brer Bear and Brer Fox. This year I must confess we are going to give Lilo and Stitch a try but I am sure we will be back at Minnie's next time.

landj
05-15-2007, 07:56 PM
We vote Minnie's we love it!! Can't wait till September to go again :)

StitchesGlitch
05-15-2007, 08:09 PM
I have been to Lilo and Stitch's and it was awesome!! This year I'm not sure which one to go to - it's my boyfriend's very first disneyland trip- although I think we will end up at Minnies.

ariel39
05-15-2007, 08:30 PM
so it looks like 7 for Minnies, 2 for Lilo and 1 for Goofy. I have been to them all. My favorite is Chip and Dales at GCH, but Minnie is a close second. I am not impressed with Lilo and with didn't like Goofy's at all. I say go for Minnie's!!

Have a great time!!

2 days till our next trip!!

Crazy4DL
05-15-2007, 08:40 PM
We are doing Minnie's in a few weeks too. We have done several other character meals over the years but neither Goofy's or Minnies.

I have seen pictures taken with the characters inside the Plaza Inn that turned out wonderful. It is a beautiful back drop to photos. I love the idea of staying IN Disneyland too. :)

backsthepack
05-16-2007, 05:10 AM
Do both!! We are. We are doing Minnie's for breakfast on the 10th and Goofy's for dinner that night. We are celebrating our sons birthday (actually being there on his birthday) and I wanted the day to be super special so two character meals it is!

Gilesmt
05-16-2007, 05:21 AM
See you have quite a few votes for Minnie. Just want to say that they are all great and no matter what one you choose she will remember it forever. We will be there the same time and we picked Ariel's lunch for my 2 year old granddaughter's birthday. She loves the princesses and Minnie the best so we thought that would work out the best for her. Grandma here bought her a princess bell dress that came in yesterday and she put it right on and feel asleep, then her mom took her to the mall for her pictures. She will be wearing her princess dress for her birthday with Ariel and friends.

gtpinoy
05-16-2007, 10:43 AM
I've always wanted to go to Goofy's Kitchen for Lunch/Dinner. Anyone know what they offer for vegetarians?

Malcon10t
05-16-2007, 12:04 PM
I've always wanted to go to Goofy's Kitchen for Lunch/Dinner. Anyone know what they offer for vegetarians?Here's what they list as a menu.

Brunch, Adult $27.25, Child (2-11) $14.86, you pay before you go in to dine so prices above reflect meal cost, tax, and gratuities

Roasted Salmon with Kalamata Olives and Tomatoes, Omelet’s Made to Order, Omelet toppings (ham, onion, olives, cheese, bell pepper, mushrooms), Aladdin’s Enchiladas, Sweet Corn Tamales with Papaya, Red Bell Pepper Salsa, Dried Cured Ham, Breakfast Chicken Sausage, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Goofy’s Biscuit and Gravy, Roasted Country Style Potatoes with Roasted Peppers and Onions, Daisy’s Scrambled Eggs, California Egg White Scramble, Sautéed Broccolini with Baked Tomatoes, Fresh Vegetable of the Day, Penne Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Alfredo Sauce, Goofy’s Chicken Noodle Soup, Mickey Pancakes, Alice’s French Toast, Mickey Waffles, Goofyroni and Cheese, Mickey’s Chicken Nuggets, Goofy’s Potato Rounds, Pluto’s Hot Dogs, Pluto’s Hot Dog Buns, Breakfast Chorizo Pizza, Pluto’s Pepperoni Pizza, Chip’s Cheese Pizza, Goofy’s Peanut Butter and Jelly Pizza, Green Salad, Various Salad Dressings, Yogurt, Fresh Melon (watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew), Fresh Fruit (apples, oranges, plums, bananas), Strawberries, Mixed Fruit, Dried Fruit, Pears, Peaches, Cottage Cheese, Pasta Salad, Potato Salad, Bagels’ with Cream Cheese, Lox with toppings, French Toast Crème Brulee, Goofy’s Goof Cake, Worms and Dirt, Dale’s Peanut Butter Brownies, Mad hatter’s Carrot Cake, Baloo’s Lemon Bar, Jasmine’s Rice Crispy Towers, Cinnamon Role Bread Pudding, Minnie’s Apple Crepes, Aladdin’s Apple Cobbler

Dinner, Adult $35.96, Child (2-11) $14.86, you pay before you go in to dine so prices above reflect meal cost, tax, and gratuities

Roasted Prime Rib, Au jus, Horseradish, Cream Horseradish, Roasted Pork Loin, Penne Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Alfredo Sauce, Grilled Salmon, Roasted Marinated Chicken, Shredded Pork Tamales with Tomatilla Sauce, Created Your Own Fish Tacos, Goofy’s Flour Tortillas, Max’s Tri-Colored Tortilla Chips, Jasmine’s Spanish Rice, Chip’s Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes, Donald’s Pinto Beans, Butter Squash with Pearl Onions and Green Beans, Minnie’s Breaded Shrimp, Spaghetti with Marinara, Baloo’s Waffle Fries, Goofyroni Pasta, Mickey Tenders, Goofy’s Corn on the Cob, Pluto’s Hot Dogs, Pluto’s Hot Dog Buns, Margarita Pizza, Goofy’s Peanut Butter Pizza, Pluto’s Pepperoni Pizza, Cheese Pizza, Soup of the Day, Caesar Salad, Green Salad (toppings on the side), Various Salad Dressings, Pasta Salad, Potato Salad, Veggie Salad, Fresh Melon (watermelon, honey dew, cantaloupe), Fresh Fruit (oranges, bananas, apples, pineapple), Pears, Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Pluto’s Chocolate Éclairs, Donald’s Double Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Minnie’s Raspberry Cheesecake, Chip’s Pecan Bar, Alice’s Jell-O Mold, Worms and Dirt, Dale’s Peanut Butter Brownies, Goofy’s Goof Cake, Mad Hatter’s Carrot Cake, Baloo’s Lemon Bar, Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding, Jasmine’s Rice Crispy Towers, Goofy’s Hot Chocolate Cake, Aladdin’s Apple Cobbler, Soft Ice Cream (Chocolate and Vanilla), Ice Cream Toppings, Beverage (coffee, tea, sodas, milk), , ,

Tinkermom21
05-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Do both!! We are. We are doing Minnie's for breakfast on the 10th and Goofy's for dinner that night. We are celebrating our sons birthday (actually being there on his birthday) and I wanted the day to be super special so two character meals it is!

It was such a tough choice, I decided to book both. We're doing Goofy's Kitchen our first morning, then Blue Bayou for lunch and the next morning we have early entry, so I booked a 10am brunch at Minnie's. Yah, maybe it's a little more expensive to do it that way, but it's DISNEYLAND! We don't go every often, so we're going all out.