PDA

View Full Version : A Friendly Note

disneylandishome
06-17-2002, 12:49 PM
Some of you need to stop pushing "knowledge" around like this is some sort of contest. This is a discussion board for people who like Disneyland and have questions, not a bashing place for those who know less than others. A simple yes of now answer could suffice instead of a smart-allicked answer. I've spent hours reading the posts and have many of you practicing in this trade, calm down and enjoy the board as it was meant to be enjoyed.
If its untrue, say it's untrue. If it's wrong, say it's wrong. Too bad if it frustrates you, the rest of the world probably know less about Disneyland than you. :confused:
Finally, a few of you seen to proclaim yourselves as the supreme "kings" of the board. You often complain about people not sighting there sources or giving false information. What makes anyone believe your information is true. Unless you spill the beans about where your inside information comes from, how are we to believe YOUR rebutals. Maybe you should cite your sources too.
Some of you are rediculously unfair to others. So when replying to a post, remember these fine words:
DO ON TO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD WANT THEM TO DO ON TO YOU

CaliforniaCrazy
06-17-2002, 12:53 PM
Hear hear. ;)

Iceman
06-17-2002, 01:43 PM
While I share some of your concerns and pet peeves, I don't think a thread like this is really going to solve anything. The people who do the things you complain about are either going to ignore it or start an argument as to why they have the right to post however and whatever they want. You might have tried this already, but perhaps a polite private message to the "offenders" would have a better chance of success?

Ace
06-17-2002, 01:49 PM
I wrote a long long long thread called "Can't we all just get along?" but it was erased by the evil demons that lurk in my computer.

mad4mky
06-17-2002, 01:55 PM
Wow...Those are pretty harsh words for someone who just came on board.:eek:

I hope I am not one of those people for whom you speak...I kinda doubt it since I don't know much about Disneyland...

But, welcome anyways...you'll find that most people are very nice on the board....
I just try to not read the posts of the people who like to argue and get into heated discussions. I know of several posters, that I just skip over...you might want to do the same.;)

AVP
06-17-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by disneylandishome
Some of you are rediculously unfair to others. So when replying to a post, remember these fine words:
DO ON TO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD WANT THEM TO DO ON TO YOU

Disneylandishome,

Welcome to MousePad. I am glad that you have spent many hours reading our boards, and I hope you will become a regular poster.

In your reading, you have probably noticed that we Moderators like to keep things pretty civil around here. When your second post ever on this board is a broad attack on unamed posters for behavior you do not approve of, that does not bode well for civility.

Please refer to your own words above, and avoid personal attacks.

DisneylandBoy
06-17-2002, 02:47 PM
I agree with you, disneylandishome. I feel that there are some people on this board who feel that they are "better" than others, simply because they have been posting longer or have posted more. I hope that the attitude of some will not keep you from posting here - we always love a new opinion!

RStar
06-17-2002, 02:53 PM
disneylandishome-

You call that a friendly note?

Perhaps the tone I "Read" into it was harsher than you were meaning. Any way, I know what you want to say. I've seen it and it is a shame. But I have come to one conclusion, it takes all kinds to make the world turn. And there isn't anything anyone can do about it (save the moderators!:D ). I'm sure all boards have the strongly negitive posters that have a permanent bad day. Just skip over them, dude. And have yourself a good time.

And welcome to Mouseplanet!;)

Ghoulish Delight
06-17-2002, 02:58 PM
I find "high and mighty, everything you say is wrong" type people the very rare exception here. And the few that do have some sort of Disney superiority complex are generally easy to spot and easy to ignore.

I come here to hear other opinions, share mine, learn from others, and share what knowledge I have. And 99% of the time, that's what I get. I have no problem being corrected if my facts are wrong. People come here looking for information, and if someone has better information than I do, I don't resent being corrected.

Ace
06-17-2002, 03:43 PM
I have no problem being corrected if my facts are wrong.

I just feign amnesia... I mean, what?

zedizdead
06-17-2002, 04:06 PM
Maybe you are new to posting messages, or Usenet, or the internet in general.

But that is how some people are in these things. It has always been that way. You will see people like the ones you describe in any BBS. MP is no different. That's the nature of the game. When you read a post from that type of person, just roll your eyes.

Welcome, I'm sorta new too. Oh and I know everything and I'm ALWAYS right! ;)

Disney Nick
06-17-2002, 04:22 PM
Anyone else notice his account has been suspended. AVP can you shed some light? What he said didn't seem to be outside the realm of what's allowable on these boards.

tommorwlandfan
06-17-2002, 04:47 PM
Moderators, what did you do. Disneylandishome was just voicing an opinion. If you don't like it, you shouldn't delete him. You act like dictators and were out of line.

justagrrl
06-17-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by tommorwlandfan
Moderators, what did you do. Disneylandishome was just voicing an opinion. If you don't like it, you shouldn't delete him. You act like dictators and were out of line.

Ask before you assume....innocent until proven guilty....

going around calling people names now....tsk tsk ;)

I agree though - don't delete posts based on content you don't agree with. Delete them based on content *I* don't agree with. ;) j/k. Moderating is an art. I don't know if they (the moderators) normally give explanations when someone is banned from the board, but it would certainly clear up the question posed...

stinkerbell
06-17-2002, 06:45 PM
I thought that the original post in this thread was not so negative, but something that I think a lot of people who have read MP for a while have been feeling. It's just not something I would have put into words. I'm kinda glad someone did though, whether it was to cause tension, I'm not sure. There have been quite a few of those posters on the board lately, which makes me sad. I find myself not reading the Disneyland board near as much as the threads in the Lounge, which tend to be more social and friendly. Which is the intent, of course. I used to really enjoy the Disneyland threads, even if I didn't post on them.......:(

AVP
06-17-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles
Anyone else notice his account has been suspended. AVP can you shed some light? What he said didn't seem to be outside the realm of what's allowable on these boards.

The post was edited by agreement of three moderators. We have previously edited posts where violence against another person was advocated, whether it was a "joke" or not.

However, this account was suspended for a violation of our Community Policies that was unrelated to the text of the post above. The account holder has been given the opportunity to discuss the situation with the moderators.

I realize that it's hard to know what is going on behind the scenes, but I hope that we have built a reputation for being fair moderators. We often need to act on information that we can not share, and this is one of those times.

tommorwlandfan, please also check your registered e-mail account.

AVP

Disney Nick
06-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Thank you for the clarification AVP, didn't even realize his post had been edited.

CaliforniaCrazy
06-17-2002, 07:14 PM
Yeah, thanks AVP. If I had known that in the first place, I wouldn't have responded to his post with a 'hear hear.'

disneyscott
06-17-2002, 07:15 PM
I have no knowlede if you as moderators deleated him/her but until I read what he/she posted at the start of this thread I was going to do the same thing...when it come to chat discussions the first adement goes out the window faster than my spelling but as stated in the rules you have the out and out say of this site instead of just sitting back and allowing the negitivity of peope I.E .NMoreles to just be as rude as can be you should be deleating the hostal re-post that have no merit to the discussion. Thats just what i feel.

AVP
06-17-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by reggin187
I.E .NMoreles to just be as rude as can be you should be deleating the hostal re-post that have no merit to the discussion. Thats just what i feel.

NMoreles, tomorrowlandfan and reggin187, I am asking all three of you to please refrain from posting at or about one another. Reggin187, please consider this to be your 3rd and final warning on this subject.

I now declare this thread closed.

AVP