PDA

View Full Version : Question: Fantasmic! Balcony won't be offered?

Pages : [1] 2

micheymouse
05-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Hello, this is my first time to post... a little nervous.

I have a question on Fantasmic! Balcony seating.
I am thinking to researve Balcony seating for my next trip but the reservation center told me that Fantasmic! Balcony seating will never be offered again & only ground seating will be available... Actually, I am a little bit disappointed.

Is this info true? Does anyone have any information?

Thanks,

Malcon10t
05-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Hello, this is my first time to post... a little nervous.

I have a question on Fantasmic! Balcony seating.
I am thinking to researve Balcony seating for my next trip but the reservation center told me that Fantasmic! Balcony seating will never be offered again & only ground seating will be available... Actually, I am a little bit disappointed.

Is this info true? Does anyone have any information?

Thanks,
I just spoke to someone 2 days ago regarding the changes to Fantasmic! and this was not mentioned. I have a hard time believing they are taking this out as they are not increasing the seating on the ground significantly (only by about 8 seats.)

VWCat
05-15-2007, 10:03 AM
I have balcony p/s for june 15 so I hope not

Malcon10t
05-15-2007, 10:19 AM
I have balcony p/s for june 15 so I hope not

As they went on sale this am, did you call and set them up? I called, and what I was told (but this was at 9am) was that they only had seats for the Riverside. I asked "Are they still offering Balcony?" The gal on the phone said "I dont know, all that is on my screen is Riverside."

Just talked to a source :waving: There is construction being done in the Gallery and this may delay the use of the balcony area. They had thought it would be open in time, and there is also a rumor of a private party that night in the balcony for the grand reopening of Fantasmic! So, if no tickets tomorrow for balcony, its construction, if there is, its a party.

micheymouse
05-15-2007, 04:41 PM
When I called 5/15 8:30am and asked for Balcony, a lady said "No seats for Balcony." I asked "Do you mean it is full?", she said "No. Balcony seats will not be offered any more. But ground seats are on center of the stage and comes with dessert buffet"

Hope she just misunderstood and this is only due to construction or private party... I will check it again later.

Thanks for your great info.

disneyhound
05-15-2007, 05:04 PM
...Hope she just misunderstood and this is only due to construction or private party... I will check it again later.

I would check again later also, incorrect information is always a possibility!

kisroo
05-15-2007, 06:16 PM
When I called this morning, the gal said the same thing as they did to micheymouse: "No balcony seating." I, too, asked if this meant that they were all gone and the gal said "No. They are no longer offering the balcony." and she then went on to tell me that it was for an "indefinite" period of time.

I also spoke to someone at Vacation Planning earlier this evening and they confirmed. No balcony seating as of right now. He did not know the duration of the closure either.

:crying:

Anyone done the riverside? Is it worth the same price?? My thought would be no...but, I love the balcony.

Thanks!

~kisroo:)

Malcon10t
05-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Anyone done the riverside? Is it worth the same price?? My thought would be no...but, I love the balcony.

Thanks!

~kisroo:)We prefer Riverside.

kisroo
05-15-2007, 07:04 PM
We prefer Riverside.

Great! Thanks for letting me know. :)

Malcon10t
05-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Great! Thanks for letting me know. :)MickeyDogMom is claustrophobic, and the balcony is too tight of seating for us. The food is different, but both a good. They changed from a buffet last Dec, and sadly, I don't think its going back. I really hope they do though. The riverside is moving from the old location (down from the train station) to closer to center. There is a possibility it will be on the river. We will see when we go in July.

Crazy4DL
05-15-2007, 08:45 PM
kissyroo, we did Riverside and really enjoyed it. If it indeed, moves more central I think it would be even more awesome. I never did Balcony so can't really compare.

:D :D :D

kisroo
05-15-2007, 09:00 PM
kissyroo, we did Riverside and really enjoyed it. If it indeed, moves more central I think it would be even more awesome. I never did Balcony so can't really compare.

:D :D :D

Good to know. Riverside it is, I guess. Especially since that's all that is available anyway. ;)

:D

Malcon10t
05-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Hopefully, once all the new construction at Club 33 is complete, the balcony will reopen. Personally, I like having the balcony cause then everyone is calling for that, and I can get my Riverside seating easier!!!!!

micheymouse
05-16-2007, 05:08 AM
Thank you everyone for providing nice info & idea.

I think I will try Riverside. It does not seem bad. And it is the only one available (kisroo - you are right.)

I started to plan this trip 5 months ago (before I know about temporary close of the show) & it is very luckey to be there around the reopening day!

Thanks everyone and hope you also enjoy your trip!!! :) :)

VWCat
05-16-2007, 08:33 AM
that just plain sucks,would've been nice if they told me that...very first time and am super looking forward and now I find out after all this being excited..blech! better not be a private party...grrrrr....:mad:

VWCat
05-16-2007, 09:03 AM
I was just told there would be the boxes with 4 things offered? so is there still the buffet? sigh,wish I knew this before I got all excited about it...feeling let down and sad:crying:

Malcon10t
05-16-2007, 09:07 AM
that just plain sucks,would've been nice if they told me that...very first time and am super looking forward and now I find out after all this being excited..blech! better not be a private party...grrrrr....:mad:Well, yesterday was the first day you could make a reservation, so anyone calling, they told. If Vacation Planning was making your reservations, they will probably get back to you with this info as they do not find out til they call for you. They would not have known about a private party.

It sounds like the Club 33 alteration is going to take longer than expected, since they are saying indefinately. I don't think they would close the balcony seating if there was any way around it. I'm sorry it sucks, but I don't think they knew about this at VP so there was no way they could have told you. They only have what Guest Services has passed on to them. I just checked with VIP, they don't know and the info I have gotten from Special Events (which handles Fantasmic!) is what I have posted.

As of yesterday, Special Events didn't know what the boxes would be. They may be the purple boxes with Fantasmic! all over it. When we got those, we got 2 of each item, except the chocolate covered strawberry. The items I remember were a macaroon, biscotti, strawberry filled shortbread cookie (big), and mickey rice krispie head. They are shooting to get the buffet back, but its a Fire Marshal call. They are pushing for a tin box instead, with a Fantasmic! pin instead of the cheap looking purple boxes.

VWCat
05-16-2007, 09:13 AM
thanks,yeah i know they didn't know,it isn't their fault,just when I called 60 days ago they didn't know and they told me we were first in line for the balcony so I got all excited as it's our first time,but riverside sounds good just hopefully not the boxes as I wanted the buffet...oh well we are still going and I won't know the difference as we have never done balcony,right?

gtpinoy
05-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Like most, I haven't tried the Balcony seating before. However, I've sat at the Riverside twice. Although you reserve seats, it is first come first serve. I took my girlfriend and she loved the chocolate covered strawberries.

A Big Fan
05-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Vacation Planning called me today. I had requests in for Balcony seats on July 16, and they said Balcony wasn't being offered, needed to know if I wanted Riverside.
VP still didn't have any specifics of why.

kisroo
05-16-2007, 11:24 AM
I made reservations for the riverside this morning. I was a :geek: and asked the nice reservation woman if she knew anything about why the balcony wasn't offered. She said she didn't know and they were only told that balcony wasn't going to be available a couple of days ago.

Mr kisroo is hoping for the buffet. It would be nice if they could do that since tix are the exact same price. :eek: I have to admit, I was thinking riverside would be a little bit cheaper.

It's an anniversary trip and I'll be darned if we don't get to see Fantasmic without having to stake out a spot hours beforehand.

Malcon10t (still loving your name!!)~thanks so much for the info!! I asked the reservation CM if we could convert our tix if/when balcony becomes available and she said she didn't think so.

~kisroo :)

Malcon10t
05-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Mr kisroo is hoping for the buffet. It would be nice if they could do that since tix are the exact same price. :eek: I have to admit, I was thinking riverside would be a little bit cheaper.

It's an anniversary trip and I'll be darned if we don't get to see Fantasmic without having to stake out a spot hours beforehand.

Malcon10t (still loving your name!!)~thanks so much for the info!! I asked the reservation CM if we could convert our tix if/when balcony becomes available and she said she didn't think so.

~kisroo :)Riverside has always been the same price. Only price diff is kids are $10 cheaper. I would think if there are spots open when you hear about the balcony, you could probably exchange. I've done similar before. But, *my impression* (nothing more than an impression) is the balcony may be down for a month or more. I am HOPING it will be back up by my visit <g> so people want that area and leave me to the riverside!

Kimlk32
05-16-2007, 11:51 AM
When can you reserve riverside seats...30 days in advance?

kisroo
05-16-2007, 12:00 PM

I believe so. :)

bloodnswash
05-16-2007, 12:08 PM

Yes.