PDA

View Full Version : Getting Carried Away? [with Planning and Dining]

Pat-n-Eil
05-15-2007, 07:45 AM
So in my recent thread I posted that I've secretly upgraded our upcoming trip with a Limo from the Airport and staying at the GCH instead of the BWPPI.

We will all be there on Tue, Wed & Thur.

I've make priority seating reservations for our second day, Wednesday morning at Goofy's Kitchen. (My daughter informed me that we always go to Goofy's on Wednesday.. I didn't know I was such a creature of habit). Anyhow, my Dad says he's going to buy dinner one of the nights. I don't know where.. Maybe Storyteller's Cafe or maybe I can get him to splurge on the Blue Bayou! :)

We also want to do a breakfast at Rainforest Cafe one morning because we want to share that with a couple of folks who haven't been there yet.. I'm thinking probably Thursday morning. Now I don't want to pre-plan too much, but I am contemplaing one more meal.. We'll be arriving early on Tuesday, so if Dad doesn't do Blue Bayou, I was contemplating lunch there.. but I don't know if that is too much of a slow down for the very first day - just a couple hours into the trip really. If we have a very early breakfast at Rainforest, maybe Thursday would be good for a late lunch at Blue Bayou - then again I particularly like the Wine Country Trattoria.. Oh my, so many choices and so little time.

Pat-n-Eil
05-15-2007, 09:19 AM
hehe.. I talked to my Dad's fiance, and she made the executive decision that they will take us to dinner at Blue Bayou on Tuesday evening.. so there's one dilemma solved. I thoughtfully volunteered to make the Priority Seating reservations for us.

I just can't wait to get down there again!

Tinkermom21
05-15-2007, 09:29 AM
LOL! You're just like me...I'm planning and making reservations like crazy and my husband keeps telling me that we should just have fun and not be on a schedule...but really, if we don't plan some of these things in advance they won't happen. Last time I was there, I tried to get in for lunch at the Blue Bayou. When I asked how long the wait was, they told me one month! Ha! This time we made reservations. I hope it lives up to all of the hype.

Goosegirl
05-15-2007, 09:33 AM
I am the same way! I drive my dh crazy! But I always make all of our reservations ahead of time. Then I print out a schedule for each day with reservation times and other things I want to. We don't always stick to the schedule but it makes it more fun for me to do it while I am waiting to go.

kiki
05-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Its soooo overwhelming. Im planning our annual vacation in July with 14 people, 10 of which are under 16 years old. Its so hard to make priority seating because most restaurants have a maximum of 8 per reservation so I have to book seperate tables close together:crying: . But its all for a good time and the kids are happy just to be there.:D

Tinkermom21
05-15-2007, 10:00 AM
I was there in October with a group of 17 and Ariel's Grotto accomodated us for the princess lunch. We were there for my friend's daughter's Make-a-Wish trip, so everyone went out of their way for us, but I'm sure if you book in advance there are lots of places who will make it work. Good luck!

VWCat
05-15-2007, 10:01 AM
we are going for 6 days,I have electrical parade seating,fantasmic balcony seating,napa rose p/s,blue bayou p/s and cafe orleans p/s:D

Tinkermom21
05-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Oooh! If you're going on the 10th, you'll be there for the opening of Nemo's submarine voyage! It opens on the 11th and our trip is the week before :crying:
Napa Rose is in DCA, I assume? I've never been. Is that pretty much the go-to restaurant for that park?

Drince88
05-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Napa Rose is in the Grand Californian Hotel.

Pat & Eli, I hope you have adequate 'plane delays' built into your timing for the ADR! Don't want to be stressing about that too, if the plane is late!

kimc0486
05-15-2007, 11:58 AM
we are going for 6 days,I have electrical parade seating,fantasmic balcony seating,napa rose p/s,blue bayou p/s and cafe orleans p/s:D

Electrical Parade seating? They have this??? How much? What does it include?

Pat-n-Eil
05-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Pat & Eil, I hope you have adequate 'plane delays' built into your timing for the ADR! Don't want to be stressing about that too, if the plane is late!

Our flight takes off from Sacramento at 6:30am and arrives at Orange County at 8:00am.. so if it is a bit late, we still have most of the day at the parks.. plenty of time to get to Blue Bayou by 5:30pm. :)

Malcon10t
05-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Electrical Parade seating? They have this??? How much? What does it include?
Its a dessert seating. Not sure if it is a buffet like Fantasmic! or not.

hlbtimes2
05-15-2007, 02:29 PM
IIRC, its actually cheese /crackers/ fruit at the ELP seating, not dessert. Let me look back through my info and see if I can find it. Its really not hard to get a good spot for ELP, so unless you want to splurge you probably dont need to do it. Its not like F! where you have to arrive hours early to hold a good spot.

edit to add:
"View this classic Disney favorite from the picturesque patio of the Golden Vine Winery in Disney’s California Adventure. Adults can enjoy a glass of wine or non-alcoholic beverage accompanied by a platter of meats, cheeses and bread. Children are served milk, juice, or soda, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and Mickey –shaped corn chips." Cost is $59 for adults and $49 for kids.

Bytebear
05-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Wow, $59! Go to Costco and get a cheese platter, pack it in ziplock bags and sit on the side. Much cheaper and you will still get a good view.