PDA

View Full Version : King Arthur's Carousel .....

priyanka59
06-17-2002, 11:17 AM
Hey people, I just recently went to Disneyland and the whole King Arthur Carousel area was all fenced off. My friends and I were walking around it and there was a small area were we could see inside. I took a peek and saw that they were totally remodeling and refubishing the ride. I just have a couple of small questions.

1) Will they keep the original Sleeping Beauty painting that bordered the rides interior in the center of ride, above the mirrors?

2) Will they keep the original horses, shipped from all over the world - and not one of them is the same as another?

I was just wondering and I hope somebody can answer these questions, I e-mailed the Disney folks, but they wouldn't give me any info. They told me I would just have to wait and see.

Thanx everybody!:)

Ghoulish Delight
06-17-2002, 11:36 AM
I don't know about the motif, but I'm assuming they are leaving it the same. As for the horses, they are keeping the ones they can. I think I remember some offhand remarks a while ago that made it sound like a few might be beyond saving.

And, just to fill you in since it sounds like you just spotted the rehab and didn't read about it anywhere, here's the deal. It was supposed to be a realtively straight forward rehap involving restoring the badly worn canopy and adding wheelchair access. But once they started "construction," they discovered that the thing had NEVER had any sort of decent rehab and was pretty much entirely still the original structure...which was rotting away. They had to take the whole thing down, save what they could, and reconstruct it from the ground up. So it's hard to say what was salvageable and what wasn't.

Not Afraid
06-17-2002, 11:42 AM
Rather than take my time to answer some questions that have already been answered either on the boards or on MousePlanet, I would like to direct you to try the search functions available to you.

The MousePlanet Search is located at the top right of the Mouse Planet Home page.

The MousePad Search is the second grey button at the top of the MP home page.

These options should help you to find the answers you are seeking.

underdog24
06-18-2002, 12:09 PM
I know the answer to the horse question. From what i heard they are only repainting them not gettting new ones.