PDA

View Full Version : Yeah! Going to Club 33!

mckygirl99
05-14-2007, 06:05 PM
My hook-up came through for me AGAIN! She got us in on 6/10 for lunch. I am taking my friend who will be celebrating her last radiation tx (she's 34 and had breast cancer) and it's my last outing before my baby comes. We have so much to celebrate and I can't wait to go! Too bad there won't be any chocolate martinis for me. Oh well, maybe there will be a next time! ;)

Karin
05-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Congratulations! Have a great time! Be sure to tell us all about it when it's over!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Oh you are so lucky!! Turning green with envy.

Have a super time!!!!

nursemelis374
05-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah for you! I just went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and LOVED it! I am jealous you get to have lunch! Have fun!

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
05-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Anything new (food, CMs, merchandise) at the Club lately? I'm going in July for my birthday again. Last time I really scored some great merchandise (ears and a stack of baseball hats).

MrsPooh
05-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Golod for you! I had my first trip in March and loved every minute of it.

Have a great time, and let us know how it goes!

And congrats to your friend for completing treatment! If that isn't a reason to go to Club 33, I don't know what is!! :D

The Red Head
05-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Anything new (food, CMs, merchandise) at the Club lately? I'm going in July for my birthday again. Last time I really scored some great merchandise (ears and a stack of baseball hats).

They are expecting some new merchandise in very soon, with the 40th anniversary logo on it. Not sure how long they will have that logo, before they go back to the normal logo.

lofosho
05-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Awesome! I've never been. You'll have to tell us how it goes!

julbright
05-15-2007, 07:07 PM
That's so great!

Can someone help me understand how you would come across the knowledge of who you have to know to get in to Club 33? ( I am sure this has been discussed before around here, but when I tried to search it wouldn't take club 33 as a search term and gave me 20 pages of results with "club" in them. )

mckygirl99
05-15-2007, 07:12 PM
That's so great!

Can someone help me understand how you would come across the knowledge of who you have to know to get in to Club 33? ( I am sure this has been discussed before around here, but when I tried to search it wouldn't take club 33 as a search term and gave me 20 pages of results with "club" in them. )

I just got lucky. I work in Anaheim as a teacher and one of my colleagues happened to mention she could get into the club. A family member of hers is a member. SHe took me there the first time and we had a blast. This time she was able to get just get me and my friend in. I feel just lucky that I even have this connection. I don't even know the member personally but I intend to send him a very nice thank you card!

julbright
05-15-2007, 07:13 PM
thanks for the info

are children allowed in there?

wookieecantina
05-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Hello,
Children are most certainly welcome at the club. The staff always tries to make the kids feel welcome and if you're there on a weekend, it's pretty common to have a character make an appearance. A personal photo with Mickey at your Club 33 table is an absolute must. Of course, crying babies should be handled so as not to disturb another parties dinner but since the club caters to a selective group of clients, this is rarely a problem:)

The Red Head
05-16-2007, 05:47 AM
Since wookieecantina mentioned characters, if you are going hoping to them, Sunday brunch is when the characters are out. There also have been times that someone has hired a character to come to their table, for a birthday or proposal, and before the character leaves they will make the rounds to all of the tables.

julbright
05-16-2007, 01:44 PM
and I guess it is pretty much impossible to find someone who is a member .... this is going to be my new mission in life

KDR
05-16-2007, 02:50 PM
and I guess it is pretty much impossible to find someone who is a member .... this is going to be my new mission in life

Not impossible, just highly unlikely. I have several friends who have met members just standing in line for attractions or events at DL. So be nice to whomever may be around -- it may just be a Club 33 member!

wookieecantina
05-16-2007, 03:26 PM
It's Disneyland, nothing is impossible:fez:

julbright
05-16-2007, 05:00 PM
thank you both for even the smallest glimmer of hope.... like is there a profile of the typical member??? wealthy? california resident? etc? i know what the process is to become a member now... but what was the history of this place - how'd the original members become members - is this discussed elsewhere on the boards (again - a search turns up all results with the word CLUB in them which isn't productive....)

wookieecantina
05-16-2007, 07:45 PM
thank you both for even the smallest glimmer of hope.... like is there a profile of the typical member??? wealthy? california resident? etc? i know what the process is to become a member now... but what was the history of this place - how'd the original members become members - is this discussed elsewhere on the boards (again - a search turns up all results with the word CLUB in them which isn't productive....)
Hi Julbright,
There is a very nice web site that goes into detail about the club, it's quite easy to navigate but no prices are mentioned so as not to offend the club. www.Disneylandclub33.com There is a nice page entitled 'Your First Visit' that many guests are using to help ease the normal intimidation factor of your first visit. Kinda fun!
To be honest, a lot of the members are not wealthy, hoi-palloi types. Many are small business owners, local lawyers, doctors, and the sort. There are members who work regular jobs, make regular pay, and are members purely for the love of Disneyland!