PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have info on the new "pirate entertainment"?

UsBurchs
05-14-2007, 05:27 PM
I noticed there is some new pirate entertainment going on at New Orleans square, similar, but not as formal as Jedi Training. Has anyone experienced this? The www.disneyland.com site says the schedule is kinda random. I'm really hoping that we get to experience this while we are there. My DS would LOVE it! He's a bit young for Jedi Training (although he'd do great at it). I think the pirate "class" would make up for it in a big way. :) ARRRR!!! AYE! ;)

Any information on what happens and when to catch it would be great! Thanks!

UsBurchs
05-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Anyone??

bloodnswash
05-16-2007, 07:21 AM
If you are talking about the Pirate show that they do right in front of Cafe' Orleans......it's not bad :) That's worth your time to see it at least once.

There's another show but it is not Pirates. It is a Mardi Gras type thing they have right there on the steps and balcony of the Disney Gallery. We have seen it several times. The first time we saw it it was alright. We just saw it last week and we didn't think it was very good. But that's us :) Our whole view on it is it is only ok. But something that you might enjoy.....we all have different opinions ;)

As for the Jedi show.....you mustn't miss that!!! That show is soooo much fun! Seriously, don't miss it.

olegc
05-16-2007, 07:37 AM
I noticed there is some new pirate entertainment going on at New Orleans square, similar, but not as formal as Jedi Training. Has anyone experienced this? The www.disneyland.com site says the schedule is kinda random. I'm really hoping that we get to experience this while we are there. My DS would LOVE it! He's a bit young for Jedi Training (although he'd do great at it). I think the pirate "class" would make up for it in a big way. :) ARRRR!!! AYE! ;)

Any information on what happens and when to catch it would be great! Thanks!

are you sure you're not confusing WDW will Disneyland? They currently offer a JAck Sparrow "how to be a pirate" session in front of Pirates at WDW.

You COULD be referring to the NEW entertainment that will debut on the Pirate's Lair at Tom Sawyer Island (sheesh, what a mouthful) when the island opens next week (allegedly). After the premiere they are supposed to make the island's entertainment available. MiceAge had some rumored elements of the stunt show, the JAck Sparrow meet and greet, etc. Supposedly a Pirate is to "train you" as you arrive on the island to make you an official pirate. The Official DIsneyland Podcast had a video cast a month ago with some hints as to what's to come on the island.

It could be this would not debut until the 25th (give the park a week to take down the bleechers, etc.).

Another thing to stand in a huge line for at Disneyland this summer.

Another Dimension
05-16-2007, 03:59 PM
You COULD be referring to the NEW entertainment that will debut on the Pirate's Lair at Tom Sawyer Island (sheesh, what a mouthful) summer.

It's much easier to say than Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln: Road to Gettysburg and really no better and no worse than Honey I Shrunk the Audience or Monsters Inc: Mike & Sully to the Rescue. :eek:

It's just a name.

The masses are just going to call it Pirates Island anyway.

Which those Guests will visit and try to fit-in between riding 'Indy, Pirates, Splash, Space, Star Wars and the Haunted House' anyway...
:rolleyes:

It's just a name.

Maybe some people will get it right. But it's doubtful.
;)

bloodnswash
05-16-2007, 04:15 PM
LOL, I will probably still call it Tom Sawyer Island :) I know that's bad of me. If I had to answer a question for somebody that I don't know then I would probably refer to it as Pirates Island, just like you said.

UsBurchs
05-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Here's what I'm refering to:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/entertainment/detail?name=PiratesHaveLandedEntertainmentPage

It sounds like a little show, as mentioned, in front of the New Orleans Cafe. Don't worry, we won't miss Jedi Training . . . afterall, our first stop in LA off the plane is the BIG Star Wars Convention. My DH is a HUGE fan . . . I get Disney at the end of the week. Sort of a nice compromise, I think. :)

olegc
05-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Here's what I'm refering to:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/entertainment/detail?name=PiratesHaveLandedEntertainmentPage

It sounds like a little show, as mentioned, in front of the New Orleans Cafe. Don't worry, we won't miss Jedi Training . . . afterall, our first stop in LA off the plane is the BIG Star Wars Convention. My DH is a HUGE fan . . . I get Disney at the end of the week. Sort of a nice compromise, I think. :)

oh - that's eben there for a while - but I would not call it a "pirate training" show. More like the Pirate Band everyone has been mentioning across the boards.