PDA

View Full Version : Dream Fastpass - keep or use?

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
05-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Let's say you won the Dream Fastpass, and you had the opportunity to use them as opposed to, say, being busy doing something else on property or you were on your way out anyway - would you use the Fastpass (having to give up each little voucher/tab after each use) or would you keep it intact as a souvenir?

Andrew
05-14-2007, 05:03 PM
I guess it depends on a) How busy the parks are and b) how much I want to ride the attractions. Since FastPass is offered on attractions I can take or leave on any given day (ye olde AP snub) I'd probably keep the Dream FP intact.

Tinkermommy
05-14-2007, 05:03 PM
I would keep it intact as a souvenir.

If I won another one in the future, I would give it to Disney pals who didn't yet have one for THEM to keep as a souvenir. Oddly enough, while my daughter and I have received one set of ears each and one 'VIP' treatment at the Plaza Inn, not one of the families who are our Disney pals have had a single encounter with the dream patrol or the CMs who give the lunch service (in our case, Plaza Inn CMs). I would love for them to win something, or to be able to give something like that to their kids.

Two weekends ago, though, our group of five (two moms and three kids) was stopped by a woman leaving Disneyland. She handed us five dream fastpasses, all of which were partially used. Three were for Disneyland; the other two were for DCA. She seemed VERY surprised that we were so happy and grateful, and even said, "Um...I got them for free." It would be great to have a "complete" set!

Gilesmt
05-14-2007, 05:15 PM
We got a two complete sets. My daughter was walking next to the Tortilla factory when she was handed to dream passes in Jan. Since it was such a slow day she did not use them. They are for both DCA and DL. I guess when it is slow they give both parks as a prize. So both my daughters have a complete set of both parks.

We are going again in three weeks. Doubt we will be that lucky again.

Bytebear
05-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Can you use them on a future date? I would consider that.

Drince88
05-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Can you use them on a future date? I would consider that.

No.

I gave mine away when I couldn't use it. Contemplated keeping it intact, but a nice opportunity presented itself to make someone else's day, too.

IdahoMike
05-14-2007, 06:31 PM
If the park was full, I'd use them, but if we could get on and off the rides quickly, I think I'd probably save them.

mw9955
05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
No.

I gave mine away when I couldn't use it. Contemplated keeping it intact, but a nice opportunity presented itself to make someone else's day, too.

That is soooo nice! I love hearing stories like that. :D

StitchesGlitch
05-14-2007, 08:01 PM
hehehe give them to me....I'll use them!!! (if you can use them on a future date)!! :D :D :D

Tink
05-14-2007, 08:07 PM
That was my son's and my choice when we got ours this past Sunday on Mother's Day. We were already holding 2 fastpasses each from turning in our VMK quests and were eligible to get another so...

I just couldn't bear to crack off one of those precious little tabs because I had waited so long to get one. We did however discuss using the next one we get if we ever get that lucky again. So for now mine is hanging with some of my other DL souvenirs.

On a side note - we almost got 2 dreams on Sunday. When we entered DCA there were a line of CM's holding envelopes and carefully watching the entrance's screens. I was certain that I was about to get another dream when the CM handed the envelope to a woman behind me. She opened the envelope to find that she had won an upgrade for her ticket - to an annual pass! I was so very sad for a moment. I guess they only handed them out to ticket holders and not AP's, which makes sense:rolleyes: but boy I would have liked a free extension to my pass! Meanwhile, I'm still paying our current passes off....

avalosn
05-14-2007, 08:17 PM
I have the Premium AP, so I'd have to say I would keep mine intact as a souvenir for memories:)

emmah
05-14-2007, 10:35 PM
i used mine, and kept the central part as a souvenir. it totally made my day!!!

oregonn8v
05-15-2007, 05:34 AM
OK...I am a bit confused. I guess I had assumed that a Dream FastPass was simply a ticket you could use in the FastPass machines to get multiple FastPasses without having to wait for an hour or until you entered the return time.

Can someone explain how the Dream FastPasses work?

Thanks,

Eric

I'll be in DISNEYLAND on May 27th :D

ariel39
05-15-2007, 06:37 AM
A Dream Fastpass is a lanyard ornament that has tabs for each of the rides that have fast passes. You then go on the fast pass line and the attendant will have you remove the tab for that ride. You have to have it intact until the attendant asks for it.

We have been to Disney 4 times since August and only came close once. They were giving them to guests exiting the Matterhorn ride. We are going again this weekend, we have our fingers crossed. My children really do want to get one!!!

bigrockstar
05-15-2007, 10:06 PM
My little brother and I got dream FP's as well as shiny new mouse ears on our December trip this past year. We also used all of the tabs and kept the cards as souvenirs. Each set is stamped with the date they are handed out, and must be used on that day. The cards state that they are non-transferable, but this is not enforced.

I think they hand out the FP's mostly in the mornings and early afternoons, which is smart because of the deadline involved. We got them while walking through the tunnel between the castle and Frontierland, near Rancho del Z. They were giving them out at about 9:00 AM when we were there.

If I were leaving the park early, I would most certainly give them up to someone on the way out. It would be a shame for them to go unused. The memories generated from getting it from a total stranger would be pretty cool, perhaps even proof in the kindness of others! You don't have to be a CM to make someone else's dream come true!

As a side-note: They would not emboider our mouse ears! Not even for money! Talk about a silly rule that appearantly serves nobody! Any ideas on why this is?

bathtubs
05-16-2007, 08:29 AM
When we were there back in February (6 days) we never saw the dream team at all, and then we went back for a day at the end of March - still no dream team. yet some people who were in our group saw them and got the pin lanyards. I even went on the pooh ride cuz I heard they were at the end! LOL Now my youngest sons friend just came back and they got stuff 2 times in one day!!! I am so jealous. I guess it wasnt for me *sniff*
Good job on getting something everyone . . .

covert
05-17-2007, 08:29 PM
I got ones for both parks in January by the tortilla factory. It was our last day there and since we were going to need to leave pretty early we went ahead and used as much as we could. It was so nice to not have to stratagize, but just move on to the next ride. I kept the center part and the few remaining tabs.

Throughout the day though we built up a good collection of actual fastpasses that we handed out as we were leaving.

charpaul
05-18-2007, 08:34 AM
As a side-note: They would not emboider our mouse ears! Not even for money! Talk about a silly rule that appearantly serves nobody! Any ideas on why this is?

Disney policy is to NEVER embroider ANYTHING that it cannot easily replace if THEY mess it up during the embroidering process.....

So Specialty items cannot be done at the park. You COULD take them to a place that does it professionally OUTSIDE the park.....

Pat-n-Eil
05-18-2007, 10:57 AM
I would hope to win the Golden FastPass early and I would use it alllllllll up by the end of the day.. :p

Katlovett
05-18-2007, 11:05 AM
A Dream Fastpass is a lanyard ornament that has tabs for each of the rides that have fast passes.

I recall hearing that the CMs handing out the Dream Fastpass looked for people already wearing lanyards. That seemed weird to me when I heard it, but if the Dream Fastpass doesn't come with its own lanyard then I guess that would explain why the CMs might look for people already wearing lanyards to attach it to.

Oh, and I would definitely use up the fastpasses, not save them.

Katprint

avalosn
05-18-2007, 12:13 PM
I came so close yesterday!!! Me and my son were exiting Buzz and they were in the hallway. They had just given out the last ones and two people in front of us were like, "Do you have anymore?" and they said, "No, we just gave the last one." I was kinda bummed, but hey, at least I almost got one! Honestly, I was just happy to see people actually winning, even if it wasn't me :) I was going to try to go tomorrow, but it's probably going to be complete chaos, sooooo, I'll just wait until Sunday or Monday.

Bytebear
05-18-2007, 02:59 PM
I find the idea of just standing there with a cardboard box handing out stuff kinda lame. I would rather have them walking around the park and picking people to give them to individually, but randomly. It just seems more maglcal that way. I know the logistics of having a trail of people following them around like the pied piper (you know what that makes us), begging for a prize. Or you could even have the prize pop up on the screen when you enter the park.

Katlovett
05-18-2007, 03:19 PM
I find the idea of just standing there with a cardboard box handing out stuff kinda lame. I would rather have them walking around the park and picking people to give them to individually, but randomly. It just seems more maglcal that way. I know the logistics of having a trail of people following them around like the pied piper (you know what that makes us), begging for a prize. Or you could even have the prize pop up on the screen when you enter the park.

I agree there should be a better way to distribute them.

An easter egg hunt type of event would be fun like periodically-renewed treasure hunt on TSI, or a quest like the VMK in park quests that allow you to win a prize, or a scratch-off bingo card that gives you a definite chance for a prize but you have to choose the proper things to scratch off.

Katprint

avalosn
05-18-2007, 03:24 PM
I know the logistics of having a trail of people following them around like the pied piper (you know what that makes us), begging for a prize. Or you could even have the prize pop up on the screen when you enter the park.

I think it would be good to have it pop up on a screen too, it makes it more random that way. I feel for the Dream Squad when they are walking through the park, though, because you know they get hit up A LOT....

LittleArtist
05-18-2007, 04:57 PM
heh, take a picture of it w/u and a cheesy grin, then use it!