PDA

View Full Version : Any Reviews for Taste? [AP Food & Wine event]

olegc
05-14-2007, 12:08 PM
I was wondering if any AP holders went to the Taste event Saturday night - and what they thought...

cstephens
05-14-2007, 12:52 PM
What a great event it was. We had such a great time. My favorite thing was the short ribs from Granville's, followed by the baby back ribs from ESPN Zone and then the pork belly from the Vineyard Room. I love the mushroom bisque from Napa Rose anyway, so I can't even begin to rate that.

The most disappointing were the two salads, from Hook's and Naples. Neither really had much flavor or did anything for me. The sushi was disappointing too (California roll, cucumber roll and tuna roll), but that was mostly because I know Yamabuki does so much better sushi than that.

I don't like a lot of wine, and I don't like chardonnay, but the only one I liked was the late harvest chardonnay that was a dessert wine.

My favorite dessert was the peach compote with vanilla bean panna cotta.

The atmosphere was terrific, and it was just about the right size crowd - not too sparse but not crowded. I hope they do this again next year.

And I also now have to find Barrage CDs to buy...

olegc
05-14-2007, 02:06 PM
cool so far. Since I am the only AP holder in my family - it's hard to go stag to these events while everyone else stays home...