PDA

View Full Version : Best way to spend 1 day at the beach? [Southern California area]

gsacct
05-14-2007, 09:20 AM
We are spending 5 nights at DLH. We live in Southwest New Mexcio and our kids (ages 8 & 5) have never seen the ocean.

What is the best way for us to spend one day at a beach? We can rent from Alamo right at DLH for $40/day---but which beach do we go to? Where should we eat and what else should we do at the beach?

Thank You!

Kim:)

stan4d_steph
05-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Check out this recent thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=69348&highlight=beach) for information on different beaches in the area.

avalosn
05-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Ahhh, I feel like we have covered this so many times.....:eek:

cactusgirl
05-15-2007, 06:15 AM
On our recent trip--3 weeks ago--I took our two 7yo girls to Laguna. There was a public access area with a restroom, parking lot, playground and nice sand. We walked a little ways and found tide pools, some interesting rock croppings, etc. It was on the southern edge of town. We went in April on a weekday and parking was not a problem.

Rteneyck
05-16-2007, 01:08 PM
How long does it take to get to Huntington Beach from Disneyland? Is it hard to find? I am a mess with directions and wanted to go to the beach one day when were there in early June. It will be on a Wed, so hopefully crowds/parking won't be too bad.

julbright
05-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Ahhh, I feel like we have covered this so many times.....:eek:

It seems our friend asking this question just joined us this month (join date May 2007). It took me a while to get oriented and know how to search threads for past conversations on topics...

julbright
05-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Check out this recent thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=69348&highlight=beach) for information on different beaches in the area.

I have been wondering the same thing! Thanks for pointing out the link to this thread!!!

Bytebear
05-16-2007, 03:32 PM
use Mapquest or Google Maps.

Huntington Beach is quite easy to get to. It is about a 30 minute drive from Anaheim.

Take the 5 South
Then the 22 West
Exit Beach Blvd and head South
When you hit water you have gone too far :)

Actually, you will want to turn Right at the ocean (PCH or Pacific Coast Highway), to head to the pier (at Main St) where the shops and parking are. It is all metered parking, so have change, or use one of the garages off of Main. Restaurants and stores do validate.

Note, Beach Blvd does cross Main St. (at Ellis), so you can just take Main from Beach all the way to the pier, although Beach works just as well.