PDA

View Full Version : Was it Whiplash?

tommorwlandfan
06-17-2002, 10:16 AM
Why are there seat backs at Splash Mountain now? Was it because of people getting whiplash?

Maximus
06-17-2002, 11:05 AM
For the amount of time you spend posting on the forum, you might want to try doing a little more research on your own before you post every single comment or question you run across.

Techie7
06-17-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by tommorwlandfan
Why are there seat backs at Splash Mountain now? Was it because of people getting whiplash?

No

Rallymonkey23
06-17-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
For the amount of time you spend posting on the forum, you might want to try doing a little more research on your own before you post every single comment or question you run across.

Here Here!!

Lani
06-17-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
For the amount of time you spend posting on the forum, you might want to try doing a little more research on your own before you post every single comment or question you run across. The poster may consider this to be one of his primary resources of information. In the meantime, please consider providing him with a means by which he can retrieve the information himself instead of limiting your post to just a criticism of the poster.

Thank you.

heidiwhr
06-17-2002, 01:48 PM
Quite honestly, I was wondering about the seat backs as well. They are more comfortable, but I'm curious why they would go to so much expense just to make a ride more comfy.

Disney Nick
06-17-2002, 01:51 PM
I would like to direct you to start reading Al's articles about this sort of thing. Apparently they are safer, but when Splash closes after Labor Day, I would expect them to add some sort of restraint (i.e. seat belt, lap bar, etc... would you believe that the lawyers want an over the should harness??).

disneyscott
06-17-2002, 06:27 PM
I don't trust all of what Al has to say if you look at mouseinfo.com they dis-prove alot of what al has to say.
Once again i implore you NMoreles to stop acting like the mother of our little group. If you are a Cal Poly SLO Student you should try and teach and not lay so much smack....the best thing to do when tommorwlandfan or anyone else has a lame or wrong post is to let it be. If the topic isnt on the first page most of the people couldn't find it. Giving your little slam, you give it life to the thread and more people read can read it.

stinkerbell
06-17-2002, 06:50 PM
I think the seatbacks or restraints of some sort are a good idea. The last time my daughter rode on it, she was in the very front and smashed her face on the drop. Of course she rode it a dozen other times without incident, but that's the one I remember most our last visit. Her mouth was swollen. It's my favorite ride (and hers!) so any attempts to make it safer, I welcome.

MonorailMan
06-17-2002, 07:47 PM
Was It Whiplash?

No

Was it good info that Al saidhere? (http://www.mouseplanet.com/al/docs/update.htm)

Yes!

Uncle Dick
06-17-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by reggin187
I don't trust all of what Al has to say if you look at mouseinfo.com they dis-prove alot of what al has to say.
"Disproof" and simple contradiction are two different things.