PDA

View Full Version : it's a small world

tommorwlandfan
06-17-2002, 09:09 AM
Several Questions:

1. Will the exterior have Mary Blair's idea for fiber optic lighting?
2. Will the interior be flooded like the one in Florida?
3. When will it open?

zapppop
06-17-2002, 10:04 AM
Adding fiber optics to the facade and flooding the entire building are ideas that are still up in the air. Don't expect to see them when It's A Small World reopens on July 25th.

tommorwlandfan
06-17-2002, 10:07 AM
Thank you very much.

priyanka59
06-17-2002, 11:09 AM
I do think that basically what they are doing is reburbishing the interior. I am pretty sure that they are adding the fiber optic lighting, so Paul Pressler, can waste his money quickly, and benefit the ride. I think the ride itself will become a ride without magic anymore, with the lighting. The shadows, and already bright lighting make the ride a place for little kids to enjoy, as well as older people, but there is no main point for more lighting. I know that they will not make the Small world here flooded as it is at WDW. They will keep it the way it is for the dolls and displays sake. What is happening though, is there is an overflow of water caused by the rickety old boats taken along through the ride by an underwater railing which is starting to wear and is causing the boats to spalsh water onto the displays and make them soggy. This is why they might flood small world, and put the displays even higher than they are now. What is Paul Pressler and his monkeys thinking about DL and DCA? They were totally wrong about DCA and know they are totally changing the already perfect Disneyland, other than the wear and tear paint all around the park, but half of the top E-Ticket rides are down? DL and DCS are going to lose money soon though because most of the popular attractions are gone, and newer ones which are more popular are going to Universal, which has had mobs of people int eh past couple of months.

Disney Nick
06-17-2002, 11:16 AM
Universal, which has had mobs of people int eh past couple of months.
People REALLY need to start quoting their source. A lot of the newer people to this forum could really benefit from reading the community policies. And tomorrwlandfan, more than one person has said to stop posting every single thing you come accross, do some research on your own. For how much you post on this board and how much you claim to know (as in inside info), you ask an awful lot of basic questions that 5 minutes of research could answer.

Techie7
06-17-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by priyanka59
I am pretty sure that they are adding the fiber optic lighting, so Paul Pressler, can waste his money quickly, and benefit the ride. I think the ride itself will become a ride without magic anymore, with the lighting. The shadows, and already bright lighting make the ride a place for little kids to enjoy, as well as older people, but there is no main point for more lighting. ...half of the top E-Ticket rides are down? DL and DCS are going to lose money soon though because most of the popular attractions are gone, and newer ones which are more popular are going to Universal, which has had mobs of people int eh past couple of months.

Couple of comments and questions.
The fiber optic lighting that is rumored for Small World is for the outside of the building not the inside. It would not change the actual attraction.

If the fiber optics will benefit the ride then is Paul really wasting money?

Which half of the E-Ticket attractions in DL are down right now? Every one is open except for Small World.

Just checking to make sure that "DCS" is actually DCA (It was probably just a typo I just want to make sure I don't misread the acronym).

As for attractions Disney still has many of its main stay attractions. While Tomorrowland is in a state of disarray the rest of the park is doing quiet well for attractions. As for Universal what new attractions have they had recently? The mobs of people are more then likely coming from the new advertising scheme of "Buy one day get a year free."

disneynut
06-17-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Techie7

The mobs of people are more then likely coming from the new advertising scheme of "Buy one day get a year free."

We got suckered, I mean roped, I mean fell into that advertising scheme but even with the year free we won't be going back. But I suspect you are right that many people are going to Universal because of that. Now that is a park I can't see the justification of paying $45 to get into. Or maybe I should clarify that and say people who have young children.