PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Reserved Seating questions- Contradicting Answers...

*Tink*
05-12-2007, 09:29 PM
I promise that I did a search before posting this! :) Actually, I've been looking through all the Fantasmic threads from the past year for answers.

My questions are both ones that have been discussed, but I keep finding contradicting answers to and I don't know which is correct.

I've just about decided to do Riverside, thanks in part to previous posts from Malcon10t and MickeyDogMom about the balcony being too crowded for those of us who are claustrophobic. Thank you both for the info!

First question, with Riverside seating, are children under 3 years old free (as long as they don't need their own seat)? I've seen this on a few sites and threads, but then many others say "Under 10 is $49." My younger son will be 2 when we go next Spring and chances are, he'll be asleep and I'll be holding him. I'd hate to fork over $50 when he won't eat anything or even be watching the show.

Second, is the Riverside dessert a buffet, or are a few selected goodies given out in containers? I'm hoping its buffet, as my 4 year old son has food intolerences and if he's given a box of goodies and he can't eat any of them, he'll be one upset kid. With a buffet, we're sure to find something he'll be happy with that won't make him sick and broken out with eczema.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Malcon10t
05-12-2007, 10:13 PM
I promise that I did a search before posting this! :) Actually, I've been looking through all the Fantasmic threads from the past year for answers.

My questions are both ones that have been discussed, but I keep finding contradicting answers to and I don't know which is correct.

I've just about decided to do Riverside, thanks in part to previous posts from Malcon10t and MickeyDogMom about the balcony being too crowded for those of us who are claustrophobic. Thank you both for the info!

First question, with Riverside seating, are children under 3 years old free (as long as they don't need their own seat)? I've seen this on a few sites and threads, but then many others say "Under 10 is $49." My younger son will be 2 when we go next Spring and chances are, he'll be asleep and I'll be holding him. I'd hate to fork over $50 when he won't eat anything or even be watching the show.

Second, is the Riverside dessert a buffet, or are a few selected goodies given out in containers? I'm hoping its buffet, as my 4 year old son has food intolerences and if he's given a box of goodies and he can't eat any of them, he'll be one upset kid. With a buffet, we're sure to find something he'll be happy with that won't make him sick and broken out with eczema.

Thanks in advance for your help!
The riverside seating is changing during the conversion. Anything we say may or may not be in effect when you go. Under 3 in the Riverside has been free, in the balcony, many have said they charge. Last we were there, we received the box instead of the buffet, but it had 2 of everything that is normally on the buffet. There were rice krispie treats, biscotti, the strawberry filled shortcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, etc... What kind of allergies does he have?

misdisney
05-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Hi Tink,
You'll love sitting riverside! However with the latest changes I'm not sure what they have done. In the past they they bring you your treats, and warm drinks.:D But when you make the resv. I'm sure you can tell them your needs., Disney is wonderful that way. Enjoy the show!:)

minniemom
05-13-2007, 12:18 PM
The riverside seating is changing during the conversion. Anything we say may or may not be in effect when you go. Under 3 in the Riverside has been free, in the balcony, many have said they charge. Last we were there, we received the box instead of the buffet, but it had 2 of everything that is normally on the buffet. There were rice krispie treats, biscotti, the strawberry filled shortcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, etc... What kind of allergies does he have?

What conversion is happening?

Malcon10t
05-13-2007, 12:38 PM
What conversion is happening?
The location is moving. Depending on where it moves to will depend on if they do buffet or boxes I was told. There are 2 options, both will be an improvement.

Chadsgal
05-13-2007, 01:19 PM
We always reserve the riverside & in 2005 we did get to walk along a dessert buffet & pick out our own desserts & they served us our beverage of choice.

*Tink*
05-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Malcon10t- I didn't realize they were changing anything with the Fantasmic seating; I guess this is something I need to look into after it reopens. Thanks for the info, though! All those goodies sound like things he can have... he mainly has problems with nuts, coconut, and banana. They aren't serious allergies, so its no big deal if his goodies came in contact with any of these things, they just make him sick to his stomach and give him bad eczema breakouts if he eats them.

Hueneme- I guess the reason I didn't call Disneyland about it was because it was late on a Saturday night and I thought I'd see if anyone here knew anything...

Misdisney- Thanks!!! :) I hope you have a blast at the Pirates' Premiere! I am SOO jealous! Blow Captain Jack a kiss for me! ;)

Malcon10t
05-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Malcon10t- I didn't realize they were changing anything with the Fantasmic seating; I guess this is something I need to look into after it reopens. Thanks for the info, though! All those goodies sound like things he can have... he mainly has problems with nuts, coconut, and banana. They aren't serious allergies, so its no big deal if his goodies came in contact with any of these things, they just make him sick to his stomach and give him bad eczema breakouts if he eats them.The only thing I can think of is they do have macaroons and there are almonds in the biscotti.

About buffet vs box, it has been back and forth. We do Riverside seating once or twice each trip (3-4 trips a year.) First few times were boxes, then buffet (including last July and April 2006), then last December (2006) it was a box again. My understanding is the box was due to crowding around the buffet table. It was implied that this was a fire marshal issue.

*Tink*
05-13-2007, 07:37 PM
The only thing I can think of is they do have macaroons and there are almonds in the biscotti.

I'm sure he wouldn't eat macaroons or biscotti anyway! :) Thanks for all your help! You know so much about DLR and really go out of your way to help those of us that don't.... I hope you know that it is much appreciated (by me and MANY others, I am sure)! :)