PDA

View Full Version : Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini-Suites

Pages : [1] 2

barely
05-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Anyone stay at the Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini-Suites? I know that the location is excellent but is there a trade-off, and is it worth it?

Andrew
05-11-2007, 10:31 AM
This hotel has an average rating of 3.9 Planets (out of 5) based on 31 reviews on the MousePlanet User Review system (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrbestwesternparkplaceinn).

DisneylandForever
05-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Is it worth what, exactly? IMO it is a good hotel, but not great. There are several places just as good or better not much farther away. I know it is supposed to be "the closest" hotel, but if you can get a cheaper rate at the Park Vue, The Carousel (both are maybe 100ft away), I'd go for that. I would search for all the hotels on S Harbor (between 1380 and 1734), and stay at the most reasonably priced. All of those hotels are right across the street. The HoJo is maybe an extra 5 minute walk, but easily one of the best hotels in its class.

If you find any other hotels you have questions about, be sure to either check out Andrew's link or let us know!

The Lovely Mrs. tod
05-11-2007, 10:50 AM
We used to stay there all the time. Convenient, clean, fairly comfortable. But the last time they messed up out reservation so bad we ended up leaving and landed at the Candy Cane, where we're been very happy ever since.

DisneylandForever
05-11-2007, 11:13 AM
we ended up leaving and landed at the Candy Cane, where we're been very happy ever since.

Also easily one of the best hotels on S Harbor. IMHO, the Candy Cane and HoJo's are the 2 best.

squirrel44
06-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Does anyone know what the continental breakfast is at this resort?

Also what is the restraunt ajacent to it that ofers free meals for children (3-9) with paying adult? Is it IHOP?

Thanks

Malcon10t
06-03-2007, 03:52 PM

Also what is the restraunt ajacent to it that ofers free meals for children (3-9) with paying adult? Is it IHOP?

Thanks
I believe it is the Captain Kidd, and there is a reason the meal is free. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

squirrel44
06-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Is Captain Kidd that bad? My niece is only 3 and she loves pasta, grilled cheese, waffles, chicken nuggets.

mw9955
06-03-2007, 04:12 PM
I believe it is the Captain Kidd, and there is a reason the meal is free. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

LOL! This is so true..

julw
06-03-2007, 05:24 PM
It is the Captian Kidd that offers free meals for each paying adult (drinks not included- and they are pricey!). We do not like the CK at all. The continental breakfast for the BWPP is upstairs of the CK resturant. They have bagles, donuts, toast, hard boiled eggs, cereal, juice, milk and coffee (at least that's what they had in March when we were there). We had the continental breakfast every day because my kids love HB eggs and toast. But, I agree with the others avoid the CK resturant!

Malcon10t
06-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Is Captain Kidd that bad? My niece is only 3 and she loves pasta, grilled cheese, waffles, chicken nuggets.OK, but YOU have to eat there too.... Please note all the other posts forewarning you also. One other place to be warned about, Tiffy's at the corner of Katella and Disneyland Dr.

It may cost you an additional $2-3, but go to Mimi's instead of Captain Kidds. You'll be much happier. (Or McDs is better too! And cheaper...)

Pascomom
06-03-2007, 06:52 PM

I would be hesitant to call this a resort.

Malcon10t
06-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Right, far from a resort, it is a motel.

DianeM
06-03-2007, 10:55 PM
I've stayed there several times. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and nice but not fancy. There is plenty of parking and the pool is fine.

There are other hotels not much further from the park, and most of them are about the same quality or worse, based on my limited experience (I've stayed at 4: Desert Inn and Suites, Castle Inn and Suites, Howard Johnsons, Del Sol). None were more impressive than BWPPI and I had problems. Castle seemed pretty far by the end of the day. HoJo's pool and hot tub were being renovated and we had to go through 2 rooms before we ended up in a non-smoking room without mechanical problems. Del Sol is comfortable and clean, but cheap, but ... well, very cheap. Desert Inn has the worst pool in the world. Solid cement surrounded by glass. The echo of screaming kids was enough to make a grown woman weep.

I like BWPPI because it is very close and still nice and not too expensive. At the end of a long day, I don't want to have to wait for a shuttle, and an extra 5 minutes seems like a very long walk. We also like to go back to the room in the middle of the day, and BWPPI is practically as close to DL as DCA. If I thought the hotel was a dump, I wouldn't bother (the Del Sol is cheaper and not much further if I want cheap).

Anyone stay at the Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini-Suites? I know that the location is excellent but is there a trade-off, and is it worth it?

Shadowcat
06-04-2007, 06:52 AM
We just stayed there in May and love it. It's our favorite place to stay with the kids. We always book the suite, and it's always been clean, comfortable and close. There is indeed an IHOP on the other side of Captain Kidd's and we eat there because they have the Kids Eat Free After Xpm deals and pretty good food. Don't think that Captain Kidds is your only option for a kids eat free meal.

The location is awesome and that short walk is the best when you have to take a mid-day break, or are tired after a long day of walking. And we've been able to see the fireworks from our rooms every year (we seem to always get on a Northern view.

Pat-n-Eil
06-04-2007, 08:01 AM
We've stayed there in the past and the location is excellent. If Captain Kidd's is the former "Mom's" then we used to enjoy going there.. But with Mimi's and the other restaurants available, it probably isn't the first choice.. but then again, location, location, location.

BWPPI is among the more expensive of the places to stay on Harbor, but the rooms are pretty spacious and they have refrigerators, microwave's and such.

There are other places that are negligably farther but cheaper. We really enjoyed the former Park Inn Anaheim (now it is the Anaheim Camelot Inn) with great views of the Matterhorn & Fireworks plus the 4th floor swimming pool and good parking.

When we first started going in 1996, we stayed at Stovall's which was fine with Denny's in the next parking lot, but then they had their own bus that ran every 30 minutes, I think now you have to take ART which I don't think is as convenient (and I don't think it is free either). So it all depends on what you want to pay and where you want to be in regards to walking distance.

CariBelle
06-04-2007, 12:01 PM
I stayed there for the first time in April and liked it, there were 5 of us in a room so it wa sa bit crowded but not bad for the price. I never did head over to CK for breakfast but the rest of my group did the first morning and my nephew said that the pancakes "made his throat hurt" lol poor little guy!

Monte Cristo
06-04-2007, 12:32 PM
I agree with everyone's assessment. My wife and I have stayed at the BWPPI a few times. It's clean, comfortalbe, and the staff is decent. And of course it's location to the main gate is fantastic. The only caveat I'll throw in is that if you need to use internet while there, the WIFI is pretty bad.

Our fav non-property hotel is Hojo's, but after a couple of years arguing that the walk isn't too bad we've come to the conclusion it is a bit of a pain in the butt. So this year, we've decided to make things really easy on ourselves and just stay at the GCH. :)

amarvel
06-04-2007, 02:26 PM
i love the bwppi, we stay there everytime. we stayed there for the 1st time in 2002 after only staying on property and havent stayed anywhere else since. the price is great, the rooms are nice. and i love the distance from DLR.

pisces
06-04-2007, 09:30 PM
I stayed at BWPPI for 4 nights last December-Jan (28-1) .

I wasn't happy.

Hard to point to anything specific, other than that I am a bit of a snob, a brat, and used to staying at the GCH only for the last 3 years.

So, BWPPI was kind of a come-down for me after GCH.

I would stay there again, but only if I was absolutely forced to, and only for one night, maybe two....but never anything over that.

Pascomom
06-05-2007, 06:39 AM
I agree with everyone's assessment. My wife and I have stayed at the BWPPI a few times. It's clean, comfortalbe, and the staff is decent. And of course it's location to the main gate is fantastic. The only caveat I'll throw in is that if you need to use internet while there, the WIFI is pretty bad.

Our fav non-property hotel is Hojo's, but after a couple of years arguing that the walk isn't too bad we've come to the conclusion it is a bit of a pain in the butt. So this year, we've decided to make things really easy on ourselves and just stay at the GCH. :)

This post literally made me chuckle out loud. We loved Hojo's too, and walked that "short" walk many times, but now our home when we visit Disney is the GCH and can't go back to any other. And that is just fine with us, and the kids!;)

barely
06-05-2007, 09:20 AM
If only I could afford the GCH :crying:

arabians4ever
06-05-2007, 10:35 AM
We stayed at BWPPI and loved it. We also ate at CK and had no complaints, we enjoyed it. Yes the free breaky isnt much but its ok.

We just really really liked how close it is. We did ask for top floor and as close to the front of the motel as possible. it was great, up the first set of stairs and our room was right there. 370 I think it was, but not sure

Leofoenget
06-05-2007, 10:44 AM

Ok, for the free breakfast it's upstairs. It has: 3 cold cereals, 1 hot.(instant oatmeal) OJ, Tea Coffee, Milk, Danish, Bagels, Fruit, bowl of hard boiled eggs. Toast. Its not BAD. Its better than many on Harbor. As for Captian Kidds in general, SUCKS!!!!

JUST MY 2C
JAN

squirrel44
06-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Is the continental breakfast served at a certain time?

Thanks