PDA

View Full Version : What's going on June 18 - 22?

kimi911
05-11-2007, 06:26 AM
Hi

I was hopefully going to visit Disneyland around the week of June 18-22, but now I see a lot of hotels are sold out and the ones that aren't are 2x higher than usual.

What is going on that particular week? I'll probably delay my trip now, but I would still like to know what kind of event is taking all the rooms?

Early July a few days after the 4th seems to have plenty of hotels. Will the park be a lot worst then though? I figure at least the So Cal passes are blocked then, which should help especially at california park.

Thanks.

IdahoMike
05-11-2007, 06:33 AM
I'm guessing it's probably the fact that all schools are pretty much out by then, so everyone is taking their vacation as soon as school lets out. We were there last year at that time, and it was packed (of course the POTC premier was at that time too, but still, I don't know how many people were there for just that.) You might check the calendar for the Anaheim Convention Center as well. I don't remember anything major at that time last year, but there might be something this year.

mkraemer
05-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Summertime + Nemo Subs = Busy Disneyland.

bloodnswash
05-11-2007, 06:41 AM
I originally posted wrong events for the wrong month. I thought it said May. Sorry, I don't know about those dates.

kimi911
05-11-2007, 06:52 AM
So you guys think the first part of july a few days after the 4th though would be better and with the so. cal passports blacked out too. ??

The hotels are 100x more available during that time than the June 18-22 I posted about.

IdahoMike
05-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I think it will still be crazy due to Nemo, plus being the middle of summer. A little less crazy than mid-late June, but still crazy nonetheless. I think this summer is going to be packed from beginning to end.