PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose parking?

vickieluvsmickey
05-11-2007, 05:54 AM
DH and I have reservations for Napa Rose tonight for our Anniversary. Where is the best place to park? Can we do valet parking at GCH? After dinner, we may decide to take a little stroll down Mainstreet inside DL. If so, would it be better to just park in M&F? I'm assuming the DTD parking lot is going to be pretty full by the time we get there.

We don't mind parking in M&F, but thought we could save some time (tram lines & walking to GCH) if we parked at GCH. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks! :)

rmarino74
05-11-2007, 06:26 AM
I'd just valet at GCH. I am not sure, but I believe that by proof of a receipt from Napa you have 4 hours parking free. At least, the hotels used to be that way.

cstephens
05-11-2007, 07:43 AM
I'd just valet at GCH. I am not sure, but I believe that by proof of a receipt from Napa you have 4 hours parking free. At least, the hotels used to be that way.

I remember hearing something like that too. Couldn't hurt to call GCH and just ask.

JeffG
05-11-2007, 07:59 AM

They do give free parking with validation at the Disneyland Hotel (we just used that at Goofy's Kitchen a few weeks ago), but I would definitely call and double check before trying to valet park at the Grand Californian. It wouldn't surprise me too much if the validated parking for Napa Rose would have to be in the self-park lot across the street rather than valet.

-Jeff

dawnid
05-11-2007, 09:34 AM
We always valet park at the GCH. The gatekeeper will put a dining slip under your windshield wiper and off you go. Since dinner at Napa Rose can last several hours we've never had an issue with timekeeping. You should have no problem strolling DTD or Main St after dinner. I don't believe we've ever been charged for valet parking either. We just tip the attendents well and enjoy the night.

Enjoy!

vickieluvsmickey
05-11-2007, 10:24 AM
I just called GCH and the receptionist said there's 5 hours free valet parking for Napa Rose. After the 5 hours, the $14 rate applies. And like Dawn mentioned, she said there won't be a problem with us taking our time and spending a little time at DTD or Main St. after dinner.

We don't mind paying for parking and we'd just rather not do the whole big parking structure routine tonight on our anniversary dinner date. It seems much more fitting to park up close and not have to be part of the tram crowd. (Not to mention, having to navigate the M&F escalator in my nice shoes and risk sitting in something sticky on the tram in our dinner attire :eek: ) I am generally excited to ride the tram, but not tonight. I was just looking for the best parking alternative.

We often enjoy our anniversary dinner at The Summit House in Fullerton, but this is our first time dining at Napa Rose and we're really looking forward to it.

Thanks everyone!
~Vickie

Andrew
05-11-2007, 10:28 AM
I just called GCH and the receptionist said there's 5 hours free valet parking for Napa Rose.
That squares with my recollections from our dinner there last December.

adriennek
05-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Sorry - I could've saved you the phone call but I was AFK ;)

Yep. We always valet at GCH - five hours, no problem. (Although we do tip the valet, of course.)

Adrienne

snappy
05-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Is Napa Rose not owned by Disney to offer the 15% disount to PAP holders anymore? 15% sure comes in handy when your bill hits the $200.00 range..SteakHouse 55 is just as good and you get the 15% discount!

Andrew
05-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Has Napa Rose ever offered an AP discount?

cstephens
05-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Has Napa Rose ever offered an AP discount?

Yes, Napa Rose used to offer a 10% discount to PAP but that was discontinued a little while ago when they included discounts to places not previously included in discounts (like Bengal BBQ), though there was a grace period where some servers were still giving the discount even when it was no longer officially being given.

However, no longer getting a discount is not the reason I probably won't be going for a while.

adriennek
05-11-2007, 07:19 PM
However, no longer getting a discount is not the reason I probably won't be going for a while.

We've been back a few times since they discontinued it. I'm too addicted.

Adrienne

lofosho
05-11-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm confused. Do you have an AP, or can you eat at the Napa Rose without paying to enter the park?

tod
05-12-2007, 01:13 AM
I'm confused. Do you have an AP, or can you eat at the Napa Rose without paying to enter the park?

Adrienne has both, I believe. You can enter the Grand Californian Hotel without paying an admission.

--t

adriennek
05-12-2007, 07:15 AM
Adrienne has both, I believe. You can enter the Grand Californian Hotel without paying an admission.

Yep. ;)

NR isn't inside the parks. It's a restaurant at the GCH.

Adrienne

TribeFan
05-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Is Napa Rose not owned by Disney to offer the 15% disount to PAP holders anymore? 15% sure comes in handy when your bill hits the $200.00 range..SteakHouse 55 is just as good and you get the 15% discount!

Little confussed here .... Napa IS owned by Disney. The reason that there are no longer AP discounts is because Disney changed it's policy as to what and who they give AP discounts. Napa had nothing to do with it. Since it is a Disney restaurant, they have to follow the rules set forth by the company. The revised discounts happened more than 2 years ago.

vickieluvsmickey
05-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Everyone's advice was great. We valet parked at GCH, no problem. It was super easy and convenient. We made record time considering it was Friday rush hour on the 91 fwy. (but going westbound and with FasTrak).

Our dinner was absolutely wonderful! We opted for the Vintner's Table prix fixe menu. We were seated by the big window with the view of the GRR mtn.

We had a nice anniversary dinner despite the fact that shortly after we were seated, a family with 2 very small toddlers sat right next to us. The kids whirled in like a loud tornado with almost every Disney toy imaginable in tow.

At first, DH and I looked at each other with those looks :( :eek: :rolleyes: , but we could hear from their conversation that they were on vacation and it was their youngest child's birthday. We did not display our frustration, but instead, we thought about all our years of marriage and when our kids (one a teenager now) were that young. *sigh*

Even though our kids have never behaved like this in a restaurant (except maybe at Chuck E. Cheese), I still felt empathy for the mother of these toddlers. For some reason, I couldn't be annoyed with them. The fact that the mother was clearly trying to quiet her children probably helped. She kept telling her husband that the couple next to them (us) were out for a nice, quiet dinner together and that they needed to keep the kids settled down. We appreciated their consideration, even if their efforts didn't really help.

So, even though we didn't have the most quiet anniversary dinner, the excellent food and service more than made up for it. I'm so glad we chose Napa Rose. I can't wait to go again. Mother's Day is tomorrow, I wonder if there are any reservations open ;)

~Vickie

adriennek
05-12-2007, 10:51 AM
So, even though we didn't have the most quiet anniversary dinner, the excellent food and service more than made up for it. I'm so glad we chose Napa Rose. I can't wait to go again. Mother's Day is tomorrow, I wonder if there are any reservations open ;)

:~D

I'm so glad to hear you had a great meal!

Happy Anniversary!

Adrienne

cstephens
05-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Our dinner was absolutely wonderful! We opted for the Vintner's Table prix fixe menu. We were seated by the big window with the view of the GRR mtn.

Glad to hear you had a nice dinner. What's on the Vintner's this week?

vickieluvsmickey
05-12-2007, 07:09 PM
What's on the Vintner's this week?

:) It was all sooo yummy:

~Chicken & sundried tomato wrapped in a grape leaf (a little extra sent by the chef for ordering the Vintner's).

~Lobster & avocado martini with mango salsa and a jalapeno-stuffed, deep fried green olive, served in a martini glass, of course.

~Squash blossom stuffed with goat cheese and lightly tempura fried.

~Filet Mignon with fingerling potatoes, green beans and mushrooms (crimini, I think).

~Almond tart cake with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries.

adriennek
05-12-2007, 07:29 PM

~Chicken & sundried tomato wrapped in a grape leaf (a little extra sent by the chef for ordering the Vintner's).

~Lobster & avocado martini with mango salsa and a jalapeno-stuffed, deep fried green olive, served in a martini glass, of course.

~Filet Mignon with fingerling potatoes, green beans and mushrooms (crimini, I think).

Ok. Usually we NEVER order Vintner's menu because there's some sort of fish on it that we don't like at all. This actually sounds like a menu that at least one of us would order! (We try to not order the same thing so we can try twice as many different items :D )

Adrienne

cstephens
05-12-2007, 10:10 PM

Mmmm, that all sounds so good! I love the lobster martini.

Malcon10t
05-13-2007, 09:29 AM

~Almond tart cake with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries.Seeing this menu, I have to go totally off topic for a minute. My oldest son is 21, and is very picky in what he will eat. Most places need to have a burger or pasta on the menu for him to be able to eat. His girlfriend likes to think she is a little more sophisticated. So she wanted him to take her to this new very nice restaurant. I looked it up on the web and explained to my son there would be nothing he would be willing to eat, but since she had her heart set on this, order a salad then a dessert, and let her order what she wanted. I get this call about an hour after they left. He was laughing so hard. They got there, and were seated. They brought out the menus and his GF starts with "If you don't want to eat here, we can go somewhere else", and he told her "No, this is great!" After about the 4th time of her saying "If you don't want..." he said "If you don't want to eat here, just say so, but don't blame me for this one." She said "I don't want to eat here after all..." They left and went to the Outback (son's favorite restaurant.) I congratulated him. At least he knows his limitations ahead of time.