PDA

View Full Version : Best Behind the Scenes Book?

BackSideOfWtr
05-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey everyone...... So I wanna buy a book that goes into the behind the scenes doings of disneyland. I've heard that Mouse Tales is a good one. Can anyone back that up or suggest something better??? Thanks for the help....

tom

Andrew
05-10-2007, 03:37 PM
David Koenig's Mouse Tales and its sequels are very high on the list. They're available autographed from MouseShoppe.com (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=257).

I can also recommend Kevin Yee's 101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/097283981X/disneinforguided/).

BackSideOfWtr
05-10-2007, 03:39 PM
what is the best one of those mouse tale books? Do you reccommend me starting with the first one? or is one better than the other? thanks andrew

Andrew
05-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Start with Mouse Tales. If you want to spend the money, get the "Golden Anniversary Edition" but if not, the original is fine. Mouse Under Glass is more about the films than the theme parks. More Mouse Tales is a follow-up to Mouse Tales.

disneyland addict13
05-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Mouse Tales! Mouse Tales! Mouse Tales!

SteveK
05-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey everyone...... So I wanna buy a book that goes into the behind the scenes doings of disneyland. I've heard that Mouse Tales is a good one. Can anyone back that up or suggest something better??? Thanks for the help....

tom

Here are my favorites. Some are a bit pricey and harder to track down but they're all great reads about the park, it's development and overall history.

Disneyland: The Nickel Tour – Bruce Gordon & David Mumford**
Mouse Tales: A Behind the Ears Look at Disneyland – David Koenig**
More Mouse Tales: A Closer Peek Backstage at Disneyland – David Koenig
Mouse Under Glass: Secrets of Disney Animation & Theme Parks – David Koenig
Disneyland: The Inside Story – Randy Bright**
101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland - Kevin Yee
Disneyland Detective by Kendra Trahan, Dave Hawkins, and Brian McKim
Various E-Ticket Magazines

King Leonidas
05-10-2007, 09:29 PM
The original Mouse Tales is the best. You dont really need to read the original first to understand the second book, but I found the original to be more interesting anyway

jeffthechef
05-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Mouse Tales is the better to start with. I would pick up the 50th anniversery edition while it's still available. More Mouse Tales is also great, especially if you find yourself craving just a little bit more. It also has maps showing the patterns of rides like Indy, POTC and HM. I highly recomend both books.

ladodgerjon
05-11-2007, 12:06 PM
All of the above listed recommendations are fine.

I'd like to add another title to the BTS books:

I just finished reading Charles Ridgeway's, "Spinning Disney's Worlds." A fun read that has several new stories about operating DLR and WDW.

Ridgeway was a a local journalist turned media relations/ publicity guru for the WDC for many years (beginning in 1963).