PDA

View Full Version : Last-Minute question

Ace
06-16-2002, 09:03 PM
I MIGHT be going one week from tomorrow, the 24th, and I need some questions answered:

[list=1]
Are the HM and POTC fastpass machines still disconnected from the rest of the system?
Where is the best place to watch Fantasmic without having to wait 4 hours?
What will be closed?
MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION EVER: Do Frozen Bananas still cost $2.50?
[/list=1]

zapppop
06-16-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
Are the HM and POTC fastpass machines still disconnected from the rest of the system?
Yes.

Where is the best place to watch Fantasmic without having to wait 4 hours?
You can get a good view from just about anywhere in that area. You don't have to wait 4 hours to get a good spot, but it all depends on how close you want to stand/ or sit next to the river.

What will be closed?
Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough will never reopen thanks to Bin Laden so don't bother. If you go to City Hall the Cast Members will lie to you and say it's being refurbished now through January 4th and give you a different reason every week.
King Arthur's Carousel is being completely rebuilt now through November 16th, so all you'll see there now is a big wooden pole.
It's A Small World was supposed to reopen this coming Saturday ( 6-22 ) but the rehab has been extended to July 25th because they need more time to finish painted the boat canals, the queue, and they still need to repaint the facade.
The rest of the rides and attractions are open.

MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION EVER: Do Frozen Bananas still cost $2.50?
Last time I checked, Yes :)

Rallymonkey23
06-16-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by zapppop

Yes.

You can get a good view from just about anywhere in that area. You don't have to wait 4 hours to get a good spot, but it all depends on how close you want to stand/ or sit next to the river.

Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough will never reopen thanks to Bin Laden so don't bother.

Is that really why they closed the castle?? Are they afraid of a bomb or something being set in there? Last time I checked they were checking bags at the gate. Now if they would only start checking shoes.......... Boy wouldn't that make everyone happy!

Ace
06-17-2002, 11:37 AM
Last time I checked, Yes :)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

last time, I ate 6.... I'm hoping for 7-9 this time.

Squinky

p.s. I can quit anytime!

zapppop
06-17-2002, 05:29 PM
Bad news Squinky.
I was at the park about an hour ago
and the price for a frozen banana is now $ 3.00

Ace
06-17-2002, 05:38 PM
no! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

zapppop
06-17-2002, 05:48 PM
I can loan you 50 cents :D

Ace
06-17-2002, 05:55 PM
I KNOW THAT IT IS JUST 50 cents! MULTIPLY ONE HALF BY 8 and that is FOUR DOLLARS!!! THAT COULD HAVE BOUGHT ME ONE COMPLETE MORE FROZEN BANANA!!!!!!!

justagrrl
06-17-2002, 05:59 PM
We just got back from the park and there were a lot of people eating them. They sure did look good. I might just have to give one a try next time I'm there. ;)

Disney Nick
06-17-2002, 06:05 PM
Where do they sell these elusive "frozen bananas".

zapppop
06-17-2002, 06:15 PM
I had no idea you like eating bananas that much.

Ace
08-09-2002, 06:54 PM
1. Are the HM and POTC fastpass machines still disconnected from the rest of the system?

Yeah. I'm going in a week and I need to ask these questions... it's tradition, or something. Mostly just the one up above, but if you have anything I should know before going, that would be welcome too. Thanks!

innerSpaceman
08-09-2002, 07:21 PM
Since you've pretty much had the HM / PoC fast pass, and especially the frozen banana, situations covered, I can tell you, Squinky, that a really good place to see Fantasmic without waiting at all is along the waterfront way over almost to the Haunted Mansion.

You can be right in front of the water screen on this side, and no one seems to notice that this area exists until the show starts. You're kinda on the side for the stage stuff (but backstage anti-magic is revealed from this angle). Your view of the River, however, is wide open and you can fully enjoy the epic cruises of the Columbia Pirate Ship and Steamboat Willie Mark Twain, as well as being dead center for all the projected animation.

Eterion
08-11-2002, 11:02 PM
Actually, to tell you the truth, there really isnt a need to sit around for 4 hours just to get a good spot. (first of all, it would be a very bad 4 hours for ya-its hot right now). You can basically see Fantasmic from anywhere in the park-I work in Tomorrowland and at night can still see some of the "flames" in the sky... There are two showtimes, 9pm and 10:30pm (plan accordingly), in case you miss one or decide to watch both.
This year, Disney also introduced a new "Premium" Viewing area where guests can purchase seats ( you watch from the balcony of the Disney Galleria-which is closed off to other guests during the Fantasmic shows...), I forgot exactly what the cost is, but it comes with a special dessert and a souvenir. For more information, ask any of the CM's in the area. =) Hope you enjoy your trip and have a Disney Day! =)

P.S. You might want to dress "loosely", the only thing that the "magic" cant really control is the abnormally hot weather. =)

cobrabubblesjr
08-11-2002, 11:41 PM
Previously, on ER, ETERION Wrote:

This year, Disney also introduced a new "Premium" Viewing area where guests can purchase seats ( you watch from the balcony of the Disney Galleria-which is closed off to other guests during the Fantasmic shows...), I forgot exactly what the cost is, but it comes with a special dessert and a souvenir. For more information, ask any of the CM's in the area. =) Hope you enjoy your trip and have a Disney Day! =)

.........Actually, I've been attending the balcony buffets since at least 1996. You just show up at the guest relations booth before the park opens (it helps to get there before 6AM).

The dessert buffet is really good, and the view is terrific. However, the price seems to go up 15% or so every year. Oh, well.

If you've got a date, it really, really, really impresses them, at least for awhile. I've taken 5 girls there so far (I'm still w/the 5th, so there ya go.....)

JeffG
08-12-2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by cobrabubblesjr
.........Actually, I've been attending the balcony buffets since at least 1996. You just show up at the guest relations booth before the park opens (it helps to get there before 6AM).

That method doesn't work anymore. They now take reservations 30 days ahead of time via the DLR dining reservation phone number. If you want to get balcony seats, you pretty much have to call in first thing in the morning exactly 30 days before you intend to go. From what I've heard, they usually sell out within a few minutes after the order line opens.

-Jeff

Eterion
08-12-2002, 08:33 AM
Thank you Jeff, I almost lost my breath seeing someone else (cobra) burst my bubble... anyway, Ive confirmed my belief. All you have to do is call (714)-781-DINE, and you'll be able to make reservations.
Even though many guests are not aware that now you have to call ahead of time, the seats do sell fast, so if you really want balcony seats (with dessert), pick up that phone, cross your fingers and dial the number. =)

marron-cream
08-12-2002, 12:21 PM
Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough will never reopen thanks to Bin Laden so don't bother. If you go to City Hall the Cast Members will lie to you and say it's being refurbished now through January 4th and give you a different reason every week.[/B]

Oh geez, would people PLEASE stop saying that? Facilities is working on it. This came straight out of the mouths of the people who are actually IN IT AT NIGHT. Yeah, I realize as a peon CM, I know nothing and mean nothing, but I'd take the word of the people who care for it over some rumor.

Sorry, it's a peeve of mine.

Gemini Cricket
08-12-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by marron-cream
Yeah, I realize as a peon CM, I know nothing and mean nothing
No one thinks of you like that. Most of all you, I hope.
:)
I don't think there's been an official statement about Sleeping Beauty's Castle's closure. I could be wrong.

Also, I think zapppop is talking about the fact that they found a videotape of the Castle in an Al Qaeda member's house or something. It is/was a possible target. That is not a rumor.

Ace
08-12-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Eterion

P.S. You might want to dress "loosely", the only thing that the "magic" cant really control is the abnormally hot weather. =)

Not yet, anyway.