PDA

View Full Version : PeopleMover track future plans

mikotorocks714
05-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Anyone know what they have in plan for it? They really need to update Tomorowland to make it more "busy." I think that it's good that they're already going to open the Submarines, but I would love to have them use the track once again, even if it's just the PeopleMover being brought back to life.

Man, I'd also love the Skyway to come back! However, too bad they had to remove it for various reasons.

Jodi
05-10-2007, 08:32 AM
I don't remember where I read it, but I saw somewhere that there was discussion of turning it into a ride based on The Incredibles. The vehicles would be like the pods things on Syndrome's island.

The article said something about not being able to bring back the people mover because of newer OSHA regs about clearance betwen an open vehicle and walls, but if the vehicles were enclosed, it would be ok.

I wish I could rememer where I saw that, and I don't know how much truth there is to it, but it sounds like it might be interesting.

mkraemer
05-10-2007, 12:25 PM
I don't remember where I read it, but I saw somewhere that there was discussion of turning it into a ride based on The Incredibles. The vehicles would be like the pods things on Syndrome's island.

The article said something about not being able to bring back the people mover because of newer OSHA regs about clearance betwen an open vehicle and walls, but if the vehicles were enclosed, it would be ok.

I wish I could rememer where I saw that, and I don't know how much truth there is to it, but it sounds like it might be interesting.

THAT would be great!

mikotorocks714
05-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Really? Oh, man! That would be great, but I hope that they do end up using that track soon... I miss having more things going on in Tomorrowland.

MrTomMorrow
05-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I think the ride would be less fun if the vehicles were enclosed... the open-air feeling of rides is key.

disneyhound
05-10-2007, 03:27 PM
I remember a very funny reply to a similar thread regarding the People Mover, someone had a photo of guests walking the track! ;)

mikotorocks714
05-10-2007, 04:00 PM
I remember a very funny reply to a similar thread regarding the People Mover, someone had a photo of guests walking the track! ;)

Really? Crazy!

disneyhound
05-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Check this link for that picture...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=53602

It was posted by Opus1guy, scroll down to post #9 for picture link

meghan1
05-10-2007, 07:15 PM
I hope they do something with the track. It looks so sad just sitting there, I feel bad for it. It was one of my favorites when I was a little kid.

santoanderson
05-10-2007, 07:19 PM
I hope they don't just do enclosed air-tight capsules. It'd be boring just to have another mini-monorail.