PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Academy, worth it?

ochibiyo
05-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi!

We are going to Disneyland soon and my nephew is a huge fan of Star Wars. He is 5, but is on the line as to going. I tried to find a picture of the certificate that you receive after the training, but couldn't. Is it with the child's name or just a normal piece of paper? My nephew wants to see it, that will be what his decision is to be based on. Can anyone post it for me? Thanks! And if anyone can give tips on how to get picked from the crowd, that would be helpful!! How early did anyone wait to sit down for the show? Thanks again!!

disney jones
05-09-2007, 08:41 PM
totally worth it :cool: , my best advice to get picked is to wear a colorful, funky hat and just start at the first show of the day and go from there....

the certificate is nice, but not uber cool - there's a spot for you to write in the child's name yourself. the pictures of your child while training are 100x better than any certificate.

Mr.Abominable
05-10-2007, 09:20 AM
I agree that it is totally worth it, it is a very entertaining show and a lot of fun for the kids, especially if they like Star Wars.

Crzy4Genie
05-10-2007, 09:29 AM
So worth it!! They should let me fight Darth Vader.

Mistyj
05-10-2007, 10:51 AM
If he is a huge Star Wars fan, you should definitely go. The easiest way to get picked seems to be to wear some type of Star Wars shirt (and jump up and down and scream like crazy.)

mkraemer
05-10-2007, 11:45 AM
The Star Wars fan in my household gave it two Big Thumbs Up.

Definitely go!!

disneyperson
05-10-2007, 12:48 PM
We had the best time watching the little Jedis last weekend. There was one tiny girl with blonde pig tails that beat the crap out of Darth Vadar. So cute and funny. We thought Darth Maul was very good. His costume and make up are right on.

We were standing at the top of the corrider where the actors make their entrances and Darth Maul came right up to us and we could see his red eyes and ooky teeth. He looked Zero up and down and grimmaced at her. She smiled. coyly, and told him he was cute. (what else would a goth girl say?:rolleyes: ) He smiled for a second. Pretty funny.

It's worth a watch even if you don't have little kids with you. I know several adults who would love the chance to fight the villains. Hey, maybe that should be one of the Dream prizes!

Another Dimension
05-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Actors :eek:

Since the Wicked Queen has been MIA :rolleyes: , and I rarely see Cruella anymore... :rolleyes:

Darth Maul and Darth Vader are the best, and pretty much only... but still the best... Villains left, in Disneyland.

There aren't many, even tepid Star Wars fans; who don't get really EXCITED inside and/or out when The Empire music cranks up... and Stormtroopers, Darth Vader and Darth Maul come out to make sleep-inducing show, finally EXCITING.

Otherwise, as it seems... Disneyland is headed for a Villains drought.

:mad:

...and the Star Wars Villains apparently have better things to do before and after Jedi shows... to actually do Meet & Greets.

Here in the West anyway.
:rolleyes:

bloodnswash
05-10-2007, 09:48 PM
An absolute must see!!! I saw it in October with my husband and just saw it the other day with my 17 year old son. We all have so much fun watching it.

Kids sitting on top of an adults shoulders seem to get picked quite often.....from what I have seen. Good luck and have fun!!!

VickiC
05-10-2007, 09:52 PM
I see Cruella all the time.

My 5 year old DD rushes me out of the area whenever the Jedi show starts. The one time we were in the area when the "bad music" started and the "bad guys" came out she started crying. She's never seen any of the moives but just knew they were bad from the looks and sounds of them.

jazzysmom
05-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Every time a Star Wars fan goes to Disneyland and chooses not to see this show...a Jedi turns to the dark side. Do you really want to be responsible for that?

cstephens
05-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Apparently, I'm not reading the right threads. From what I'd read about this, it seemed like a pretty innocuous thing only for kids. The husband and some friends saw part of the show yesterday, and he told me about it, and I had no idea that's what happens, so I'm looking forward to seeing it sometime.

yenko427
05-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Love this show and it is so great to watch the kids. DS did it last Thursday and he is 5 also and a huge Star Wars fan.

ILoveDisneyMagic
05-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Yes, Jedi Academy is so worth it! On our first day we watched it from the back and DS5 said he didn't want to participate. DD13 was so disappointed. She spent the next couple of days building him up for it. By our last day there he was ready. We lucked out, as we got there right when it was starting. She ran him down to the front and held him up and jumped up and down with him. Sounds a bit extreme:eek: , but we won't be back for at least a year and time was running out!!! The certificate is fun to have, but nothing too spectacular. So to get picked I would say enthusiasm is helpful and wearing something colorful that stands out. He was wearing a green jacket. May the Force be with you!!

Oh, and make sure you have your camera!! I didn't have mine:crying: but a nice guy who was videotaping his daughter is sending me a copy of his:D .