PDA

View Full Version : About time to get excited

Pat-n-Eil
05-09-2007, 09:46 AM
My Disneyland trip is finally starting to come into view. I see Mickey's head at the end of the tunnel!

Made reservations for Goofy's Kitchen already and the anticipation is starting to build. Seems like I bought the airline tickets eons ago.. I know it was last year.

For those of you know don't know me - this is the biggest family Disneyland trip we've done. My dad and his fiance, My wife, myself & 15 y.o. son, My 19 y.o. daughter and her fiance.

To catch you up - Everyone knows my Dad & Lyn will be staying at the Grand Californian. My party (wife/son/me) and my daughter's party (daughter/fiance) all saw me make reservations at the Park Place Inn.. what they didn't see me do was cancel those and book the Grand Californian - and hire a limo to boot!

So when we arrive at John Wayne Airport on June 26th, my family will be thinking we're getting a cab to BWPPI - but then the limo will pick us up. I'm going to TELL the limo driver to take us to BWPPI but by pre-arrangement he knows we're going to the Grand Californian. I will have video camera in hand.

I'm going to try and get us rooms close to my Dad's, but that will be a stroke of luck and a lobby-desk time decision by the hotel, I'm sure.

In any event, I am really looking forward to it and sharing this time with the whole family.

Shhh.. don't tell my wife & kids (but it's okay to tell my Dad, he knows the scoop already).

wvnative
05-09-2007, 10:18 AM
What a great surprise! What an awesome dad you are.

backsthepack
05-09-2007, 10:30 AM
You must be the coolest Dad and best husband ever!!! Have a super wonderful trip.

Pat-n-Eil
05-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Awww shucks..

The Limo is actually for my wife who's always wanted to ride in one but never has.

backsthepack
05-09-2007, 11:41 AM
I am so excited for them! I cannot even begin to imagine their surprise. Please be sure to post all about it when you get home. I wish my husband would think of things like this!!!

Pat-n-Eil
05-09-2007, 11:48 AM
I try and post trip reports from my laptop when I'm there. The video will have to wait until I get home - but it should be a good time for sure!

Heaven Is Disneyland
05-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh, I am so happy for you and your family! I hope everything goes well and yes, keep us updated!

cillydznygirl
05-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Your family is very lucky to have such a special dad. May I ask what limo company your going through? Are they reasonably priced?

Pat-n-Eil
05-09-2007, 12:02 PM
I contacted A Limo King (888)891-5464 http://www.alimoking.com

This limo is $90 and I believe it is a stretch Lincoln (as opposed to a Hummer type). We'll take the taxi back to the airport when we're done.

UsBurchs
05-09-2007, 02:30 PM
WOW! What a fun suprise - you sneaky guy, you! Your excitment is making me even more anxious for our trip coming up. Only one day, but still - I'll take what I can get while we're in LA!!

Have fun! Can't wait to hear all about it.