PDA

View Full Version : Concierge at Grand Californian

Carter's Mommy
05-08-2007, 04:57 PM
We are debating whether or not to splurge on concierge at GC, and would love some guidance. We are going in Oct and are *hoping* that the "stay 3 nights get 4th night free" promo will once again happen this fall. With that said what is a good deal for GC concierge level? We know what to expect at DLH but have no idea what we should expect or look for price wise at GC.

TIA

biolabetty
05-08-2007, 09:38 PM
The rate seems to vary depending on when you go. In December we paid a little over $500 for a courtyard view with a AAA discount. In April we paid around $750 for a theme park view with a senior citizen discount. I would think that the time of year you are going would be less expensive, but one never knows what Disney is thinking when it comes to rates. I would consider anything below $500 to be a better rate, but I wouldn't consider it wonderful. I do love concierge though, and they do a wonderful job. Good luck on finding a decent rate.:)

bloodnswash
05-09-2007, 07:38 AM
We did the concierge level at the Grand in October 2003. We wouldn't do it again. In our opinion, it just wasn't worth it. When we went in 2003 the concierge was an extra $1000 (on top of the room rate and our park hoppers) for five nights. It has probably gone up since then......I know the room rates have.

rmarino74
05-09-2007, 08:10 AM
I agree. We had the option to book concierge for our upcoming trip for a week and at the extra $153 per night for a courtyard view versus a normal pool view, it just is not worth it to me. My wife wanted the concierge for the food and wine, although for the extra $1000 for the week, I am sure that it will cost me half that for all of the food and wine she would like!

Cat H
05-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Last fall I stayed at the Grand in a theme park view concierge during the 4th night free promo. The fourth night free did not include the price of concierge so I received the price of the room free but had to pay the extra $150 for the concierge for the fourth night. Having the convenience of the concierge lounge for drinks and breakfast and the wine and cheese in the evening was nice but really not worth the extra $600. I have stayed at the grand 5 times and last month I stayed at the Paradise Pier view room with concierge for $75 extra a night and like it a lot more.

MinnieMomma
05-09-2007, 06:27 PM
I agree too. The extra money just wasn't worth it. I guess I'm glad we tried it once, but once was enough and I'll never do it again.

Carter's Mommy
05-10-2007, 11:55 AM
thanks for all the replies :) We are pretty much locked into the GC it is just a matter of concierge or not... Does anyone know if you can book a regular room through expedia or get away today then call GC and pay the extra $150 a night to upgrade?? Can you get an AP discount off that? Thanks

Malcon10t
05-10-2007, 11:59 AM
thanks for all the replies :) We are pretty much locked into the GC it is just a matter of concierge or not... Does anyone know if you can book a regular room through expedia or get away today then call GC and pay the extra $150 a night to upgrade?? Can you get an AP discount off that? ThanksOn the AP discount, no. As for the $150 a night to upgrade, they might, but what most people hear is "You've paid for this room, to upgrade to a room to allow this is $XXX".