PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian room view question

wenidog
05-08-2007, 01:26 PM
We have stayed at the Grand Californian a couple of times with a Grizzly River view. On one of the floors, if you look from your balcony, there is a roof line impeding the complete view. I can't remember if this was the 5000 or 4000 numbered series of rooms. Can anybody help? I'm hoping to avoid that particular floor.

neverlander
05-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Wow! I had no idea. I would also appreciate these responses. We were going to request 4th or 5th flloor in the same area, but this will definitely make a difference! I did look at some 5th floor pics from another padder that looked great. He said he had a great view in 5345. We had 3345 twice with a fine view, but the trees are starting to block much of the DCA scenery. Thanks to those who can contribute from their experiences.

wenidog
05-12-2007, 02:39 PM
After calling the GCH operator and various other help desks and getting nowhere; I finally found the answer using an info website that has the GCH floor map and candid photos. The 5th floor rooms on the theme view (Grizzly side) have the roof line overhang beneath the balaconies. The view is still great, but not completely unobstructed. So, to avoid request rooms in the 4000 series.

Rkkm
05-13-2007, 07:25 AM
After calling the GCH operator and various other help desks and getting nowhere; I finally found the answer using an info website that has the GCH floor map and candid photos. The 5th floor rooms on the theme view (Grizzly side) have the roof line overhang beneath the balaconies. The view is still great, but not completely unobstructed. So, to avoid request rooms in the 4000 series.

Hi - what is the website? Thanks!

wenidog
05-13-2007, 04:52 PM
That website is:

dlresortinfo.com

under Grand Californian, map2 pics