PDA

View Full Version : Dream team? What to look for?

LLevy
05-08-2007, 07:51 AM
sorry everyone- I KNOW that somewhere someone posted a description of what they wear or what to look for, but i've done the search and cannot find that thread. I've got a friend leaving in 2 days for here first trip in 10 years, so I want her to have the BEST time possible..

Thanks

LL

Malcon10t
05-08-2007, 08:15 AM
sorry everyone- I KNOW that somewhere someone posted a description of what they wear or what to look for, but i've done the search and cannot find that thread. I've got a friend leaving in 2 days for here first trip in 10 years, so I want her to have the BEST time possible..

Thanks

LLIf she spends her time chasing the Dream Team, she won't have the best time. When the dream team passes out prizes, they will just appear from Backstage, pass them out and then do Guest Relations. Chasing them won't help. They are dressed in dark blue pants/shorts, light blue shirts, white vests. Vests are USUALLY only on during prize awards.

LLevy
05-08-2007, 08:17 AM
If she spends her time chasing the Dream Team, she won't have the best time. When the dream team passes out prizes, they will just appear from Backstage, pass them out and then do Guest Relations. Chasing them won't help. They are dressed in dark blue pants/shorts, light blue shirts, white vests. Vests are USUALLY only on during prize awards.

I wasn't going to suggest she chase them down. Just to know who they were and what was going on if she saw them or was approached by them.

thanks

LL

Tinkermommy
05-08-2007, 09:48 AM
My opinion: forget about them!

My daughter and I have been fortunate -- we stumbled over the dream team exiting the Monorail one day and got ears. Last week, we were given VIP treatment by the staff at Plaza Inn, which didn't involve any dream team members at all.

That experience took place not five minutes after I told my daughter a "dream" was either going to happen or not -- that we couldn't possibly influence it.

Saturday, we went with friends who go often AND mail postcards, but who have never received a dream. We got there at opening and stayed until about 8, and visited both DL and DCA. We joked in the morning about them finally getting a dream, and I confess, I ignored my own advice and looked for that opportunity everywhere hoping I could spot their chance. I could see our friends getting more and more disappointed as we saw dream team members roaming, but never any giving anything out.

I think your friend would be better off not knowing about the dream people and just having fun -- then getting really excited if she wins something!

Malcon10t
05-08-2007, 09:58 AM
I think your friend would be better off not knowing about the dream people and just having fun -- then getting really excited if she wins something!
I agree. We were there 12 days at Christmas and never even saw them in white. I think it would be more fun if she was just surprised. When you are looking for them and don't see them, or see them but you don't get anything, I think it is more disappointing.

Mr.Abominable
05-08-2007, 10:39 AM
We are at both WDW and DLR quite often and have only recieved the Fastpass once. That was the only time we have seen them in the white vest. We mail the postcards a lot and have recieved about 8 pairs of Ears and a couple of lanyards, but we have not had much luck at the parks. :)

Drince88
05-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I think keeping your eyes open for them can't hurt. If we'd been a little more observant, we probably would have seen them when they were handing out dream fastpasses at the gateway back to Monsters, Inc and Muppets. As it was, we saw them AFTER getting the TOT fastpasses, and they'd JUST handed them all out!