PDA

View Full Version : Help! Question shuttle to Disney from Orlando/Sanford airport?

ForeverPrincess
05-08-2007, 05:42 AM
I found a really cheap flight from where we live to Orlando/Sanford international airport. It was 50.00 per person each way. With 5 people that makes it affordable to fly. We have always drove to Disney which is about 14 hours and the flight is a direct flight that will take around an hour. I know that magical express doesnt go to orlando/sanford but is there any other kind of shuttle you can take to WDW. Or does anyone know how much a cab would cost? Thank you!

LeslieM
05-08-2007, 06:11 AM
There's no shuttle that I'm aware of. Best bet is to either rent a car or call a car service, like Happy Limo. MouseSavers (mousesavers.com) always has great ideas on saving money, including both options.

ericles
05-08-2007, 06:18 AM
can I ask where you are flying out of that the flight is only an hour? We have a 14 hour drive, as well, from Maryland - and flights to Orlando are about 2 +hours from BWI or PHL. Thanks!

ForeverPrincess
05-08-2007, 06:37 AM
It is out of the huntington tristate airport. Thnks for all your responses.

Cheshire Figment
05-08-2007, 06:48 AM
Taxi or Limo fare is about $100 plus tip each way; the airport is about 50 miles from WDW.

ForeverPrincess
05-08-2007, 07:19 AM
Thanks! Do you know the names of any Taxi or limo services or do you not have to set up beforehand.

Drince88
05-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks! Do you know the names of any Taxi or limo services or do you not have to set up beforehand.
As stated, earlier in the thread:

There's no shuttle that I'm aware of. Best bet is to either rent a car or call a car service, like Happy Limo. MouseSavers (mousesavers.com) always has great ideas on saving money, including both options.

GusMan
05-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Sure you can take a taxi, and they should be there waiting, etc, but like Drince said, it is much better (ie: cost effective) to prearrange something such as a rental car or limo service.

frdeb1999
05-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Ericles.....we live in MD also and are flying out of Phili.. Have you tried Southwest??? We have driven in the past. But found tickets on SW for 90 each person roundtrip. Worth looking into with the prices of gas right now.

frdeb1999
05-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Sorry Foreverprincess.....we are usinng a car service ourselves. It's highly recommended. But we are flying into MCO. Got a bit off the path and replied to another post. We thought it was extremely reasonable though for 5 of us.

ericles
05-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Ericles.....we live in MD also and are flying out of Phili.. Have you tried Southwest??? We have driven in the past. But found tickets on SW for 90 each person roundtrip. Worth looking into with the prices of gas right now.

We've used Southwest a lot...used to be they were real cheap outta PHL - when they first started going outta Philly I don't think a lot of folks knew! We did Southwest outta BWI to Ft. Lauderdale on our way to Marsh Harbor in the Bahamas last week - got 6 tickets for $830 total r/t nonstop, out of BWI. Did Airtran outta BWI to MCO last month and got better prices than Southwest.

next trip to WDW I wouldn't mind taking the autotrain from Lorton - we'll see how it goes! We are lucky - we are an equal distance from both BWI & PHL - just about an hour to each of them.

Mark Goldhaber
05-08-2007, 07:08 PM
You can call a car service such as Quicksilver Tours & Transportation (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/), or you could use a shuttle service like American Coach Lines (http://www.americancoachlines.com/).

Cheshire Figment
05-09-2007, 06:28 AM
The very least expensive would be using the city buses. Check www.golynx.com for exact schedules and fares.

Bus 33 from Sanford Airport to Seminole Center. Change to

Bus 39 to Lynx Central Station. Change to

Bus 50 to WDW TTC.

TiggerRPh
05-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Taxi would cost you about $85....a towncar would cost you about $100.

For a towncar...I'd recommend either Quicksilver or Happy Limo.

ForeverPrincess
05-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Thank you very much for all your replies. Went ahead and booked the airline tickets today.