PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of staying onsite?

vbecky
04-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi I need a little help, I reserved a room at the GC for the 24-29th of June does anyone know are there any perks for staying on site? Like early entry or anything? Last time I went I booked the whole package through AAA and this time I doing it seperately so trying to find out how to get the most perks if any? What about if I buy DL park hopper bonus tickets through AAA Any perks any help I would love it thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

splash
04-25-2007, 06:14 PM
I know that if you stay at any of the resort hotels you can go to early entry every day it is offered just by showing hotel receipt. AAA doesn't offer the unlimited fastpass anymore, so I'm not sure if there are any other perks from them.

Malcon10t
04-25-2007, 07:47 PM
You get early entry each day its offered (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat). You can also charge everything to your room. And while shopping, you can have your purchases sent to your hotel. (It takes a day to get there though.)

santoanderson
04-25-2007, 07:54 PM
That's so nifty. I can't tell you how annoying it's been having to haul souvenirs around the park and attempting to shove them into lockers.

Pascomom
04-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi I need a little help, I reserved a room at the GC for the 24-29th of June does anyone know are there any perks for staying on site? Like early entry or anything? Last time I went I booked the whole package through AAA and this time I doing it seperately so trying to find out how to get the most perks if any? What about if I buy DL park hopper bonus tickets through AAA Any perks any help I would love it thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

Hi, we will be at the Grand June 24th-30th!

Conceirge will make reservations reguests. We did this for Fantasmic last year. Have fun, I know I will.:D

Annasdad
04-26-2007, 07:07 AM

We also will be there that week. Looks like it's going to be crowded after all. Oh wait, it's a pretty big hotel, no worries.:cool: My suggestion is remember to get your souvenir mug at the White Water cafe. You get free refills on coffee, tea, and soft drinks for your entire stay. The only thing you can't refill it with is the slushy stuff or adult beverages (beer, wine, pina colada, etc.). On a hot day that would be nice, but oh well.

As for getting your tix through AAA, you get free parking, but you can't use it for the hotel parking lot. Of course I think there might be other benefits like priority seating at some shows, a lanyard, and a commemorative pin.

bloodnswash
04-26-2007, 07:22 AM
That's so nifty. I can't tell you how annoying it's been having to haul souvenirs around the park and attempting to shove them into lockers.

When exiting the park, on the right hand side, you can use the check in at the little souvenir stand. I use this all the time. I think there is also one in Frontierland (someone once told me there was but I have never used it). Not all things will fit in lockers :)

missm
04-26-2007, 08:56 AM
I know that if you stay at any of the resort hotels you can go to early entry every day it is offered just by showing hotel receipt. AAA doesn't offer the unlimited fastpass anymore, so I'm not sure if there are any other perks from them.

When did AAA stop offering the unlimited fastpass? I had one once and it was awesome. I was going to book my whole next trip through them and stay on property just so we could get it. Now I'm not so sure.

Malcon10t
04-26-2007, 09:16 AM
When did AAA stop offering the unlimited fastpass? I had one once and it was awesome. I was going to book my whole next trip through them and stay on property just so we could get it. Now I'm not so sure.This year, since they are giving out the Fastpasses.

Malcon10t
04-26-2007, 09:17 AM
When exiting the park, on the right hand side, you can use the check in at the little souvenir stand. I use this all the time. I think there is also one in Frontierland (someone once told me there was but I have never used it). Not all things will fit in lockers :)It used to be really nice when you could shop and have your packages taken from the store to the Newstand. But at least now you can check them in with them (but remember to pick them up!)

missm
04-26-2007, 09:23 AM
This year, since they are giving out the Fastpasses.

okay. That makes sense. Sort of. So have they said if they will be starting it up again once the YOaMD is over?

bloodnswash
04-26-2007, 11:59 AM
It used to be really nice when you could shop and have your packages taken from the store to the Newstand. But at least now you can check them in with them (but remember to pick them up!)

LOL, oh yeah, don't forget all those goodies before you leave :) I've had some days where the cast members knew me by name cuz I shopped so much that specific day. Too much fun!

b52hbuff
05-07-2007, 03:53 PM
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/hotels/benefits?name=DisneylandResortsBenefitsPage

Interesting that they don't mention early entry. But the do list these:
a child activity center
in-room babysitting
learning programs

Has anyone ever tried the 'activity center' or the 'learning programs'?

Are these 'resort wide' benefits? I'm wondering if these are available at the GCH?

adriennek
05-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Interesting that they don't mention early entry. But the do list these:
a child activity center
in-room babysitting
learning programs

Has anyone ever tried the 'activity center' or the 'learning programs'?

Are these 'resort wide' benefits? I'm wondering if these are available at the GCH?

The Activity Center is probably Pinocchio's Workshop. Here's my article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/akrock/ak010706.htm) on it. The priority is given to GCH guests but if there's room, they make same-day reservations available to DLH & PP guests.

I'm guessing that the "learning programs" are things like the fireside storytelling in the GCH lobby. Maybe they include the tour of the GCH where you can learn about arts & crafts architecture and design. Keep it vague enough and you can market it. ;)

Adrienne

b52hbuff
05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
The Activity Center is probably Pinocchio's Workshop. Here's my article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/akrock/ak010706.htm) on it.

Thanks for the reference.

So I am thinking that given the choice between taking my 6yo to DLR for the evening or letting her 'play' at Pinocchio's Workshop, that DLR would be the more fullfilling experience? :D

I don't really want to dump her in Disney day care, since part of the point of vacation is spending time together... But is there anything 'unique' to do here? Any special character interacations?

I know this is a long shot, but comparing this to the children's programs on the DCL. Is there anything that has a big 'wow' factor?

adriennek
05-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I don't really want to dump her in Disney day care, since part of the point of vacation is spending time together... But is there anything 'unique' to do here? Any special character interacations?

I know this is a long shot, but comparing this to the children's programs on the DCL. Is there anything that has a big 'wow' factor?

Not especially.

There were computer games, movies, crafts and a meal.

What would you be doing while your daughter was there?

If you're looking at a wonderful meal at Napa Rose, I'd ask myself: How will my daughter handle Napa Rose? Would she rather be with me and my spouse sitting at a table for three hours or would she have a better time at the workshop playing computer games or coloring with other kids.

When I was a kid, my parents took me to the fancy restaurants and my sister and I handled it just fine and dandy. My kids? Not so much. ;)

But then, if 'back home' you regularly get out to nice restaurants and don't have a lot of desire or motivation to do something like Napa Rose, or don't have a "need" that some people have for time away from the kids, you might just skip it.

Adrienne