PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Game, Riverboat Game, etc.

simnia
05-07-2007, 01:43 PM
I just noticed for the first time about a week ago that there are some board games for sale in World of Disney in Downtown Disney, games based on Disneyland attractions. There is a Monorail Game, Riverboat Game, and I think a Jungle Cruise Game.The artwork on the boxes make them look old ('50s-'60s), but they look interesting. Has anybody here played one of these? Are they fun? Does anybody know if they're actually old, or do they just look old? They look pretty fun... if you like board games.

http://www.simnia.com/dl/dl-periphery/disneyland/070302_A_DD_WOD_Monorail_Game_032.jpg

AVP
05-07-2007, 01:45 PM
The Monorail game at least is an exact replica, including the box art, of a game sold at Disneyland in the 1960s.

AVP

simnia
05-07-2007, 01:48 PM
The Monorail game at least is an exact replica, including the box art, of a game sold at Disneyland in the 1960s.

Interesting, thanks! I don't remember those games at all from the old days. Darn, being a vintage fan, I'm going to have to get at least one of them now...

Bytebear
05-07-2007, 02:07 PM
My grandma had the Monorail game. I remember playing it when i was really young. As I recall, you flipped a spinner and moved your monorail forward spaces on the track. Not very creative, but probably good for kids who are learning counting. (Of course this is a 30 year old memory.)

biolabetty
05-07-2007, 02:24 PM
There are 4 games, Monorail, Fantasyland, River Boat, and Adventureland (where you ride the Jungle Cruise), I bought them all. My kids really enjoy them, and I had the Monorail and Adventureland games when I was a kid, so it's fun for me too. The boxes look pretty much like the original games (which I still have.) My kids' favorites are Monorail and Adventureland, because Monorail is a race between you and Casey Jr. and Adventureland involves taking pictures of things on your trip.

simnia
05-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Interesting. I still want to get at least the Monorail Game, even if it's not very interesting, just because I like the Monorail so much. I haven't seen the Fantasyland Game yet. Maybe I'll post a scan of the rules for others to see if I get one of these games in the next few months.

hlbtimes2
05-07-2007, 09:31 PM
We bought Adventureland last week. I havent played it, but I did open it and read the directions. Looks like it could be a nice, easy game to play with the kids.

lofosho
05-07-2007, 10:00 PM
I have adventureland and fantasyland, although i havent played them yet. must say i was a little dissapointed about the inside of the box, the quality of the pieces, etc